• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] How to Add a Type in Pokemon Gold

Delta231

A noob
Years
"Don't have the ability to use it" For newbies there's a Wiki made for using Pokecrystal. Its very well written you would be able to understand it.

Last edited:

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
You're probably only going to be able to do this in pokecrystal, if I'm blunt.

Binary hacking probably cannot, and never will achieve this, so your best, and only bet is to go ahead and learn pokecrystal

Delta231

A noob
Years
You're probably only going to be able to do this in pokecrystal, if I'm blunt.

Binary hacking probably cannot, and never will achieve this, so your best, and only bet is to go ahead and learn pokecrystal

If there were tools and researches for Gen 2 before disassembly. It could be possible but now who would find it themselves and I support using Pokecrystal

Last edited:

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
Nah, I meant I think he has binary ROM hacking experience for Gen 2 Pokemon, but he'd most likely tell me to use pokecrystal, anyway

He has binary experience yes.
But, that was when it was the only option, and there wasn't really a way to add new types.

If there's new types in Prism, it was after it was ported to pokecrystal.

Back