• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

Years
Oh, I definitely have the Sprachen folder (which is German for languages). I think it may be an issue with Windows 8.1/10...
Hmm I had 8.1 and now I have 10 and it worked fine for me with both versions. Since you have the folder with all the languages in it, I have no idea what's the problem. Sorry >.<

Years
Help, when i open the am1.95 file it opens writen in german (with a few parts on english, weird af). The "Sprachen" option doesnt show more languanges, so i can't change it in-tool. Also, when i opened the file on the .ZIP it worked and showed normal english, What's up with that? do i need to use the tool in ZIP? I dont know anything about german

EDIT: I do have the Sprachen folder, to make sure the problem is not on it i copied it from the ZIP and placed it both on the INI (where it belongs) and the same file as the .exe

Last edited:
Years
Help, when i open the am1.95 file it opens writen in german (with a few parts on english, weird af). The "Sprachen" option doesnt show more languanges, so i can't change it in-tool. Also, when i opened the file on the .ZIP it worked and showed normal english, What's up with that? do i need to use the tool in ZIP? I dont know anything about german

EDIT: I do have the Sprachen folder, to make sure the problem is not on it i copied it from the ZIP and placed it both on the INI (where it belongs) and the same file as the .exe
Having the exact same problem over here. Originally had an empty language selection screen, but after running inside the ZIP it now runs in German only outside of the ZIP without the language selection screen working.

I'd just settle with 1.92 instead, but the problem with expanded ROMs is what makes 1.95 essential. Hopefully MEH should clear up this catch-22.

The project website has this:
AdvanceMap History

Newest version: http://amneu.no-ip.info AdvanceMap 1.95
Newest Language-Pack ver 1.0.5 (03/19/2011) (You have to extract the files from the ZIP into AdvanceMaps main folder.)
Which seems promising, but sadly that language pack link is broken.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2023
Can i increase the number of Pokemon? I expanded pokedex to 650 but AM only has 411 wild Pokemon.

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Can i increase the number of Pokemon? I expanded pokedex to 650 but AM only has 411 wild Pokemon.

I've discovered how to make the program show the remaining names, you just need an hex editor.

1. Close A-Map 1.95.
2. Open it in your hex editor.
3. Go to offset 0x77DD5
4. Change "9B 01" to whatever you want (note that Unowns and BADEGG are also shown by the program).
5. Save a couple times.
6. (Optional) Die of awesomeness.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jun 8, 2018
Actually It is really cool but the problem I have is in blocks I have inserted new tilesets it looks ok in advance map but in the game it is very glitchy Please help

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Hey, all download links for 1.90 and up now redirect to 1.95. How do I download 1.90? This is bull. I cannot edit what I want when I want how I want it in the new program, and it's buggy as hell.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey, all download links for 1.90 and up now redirect to 1.95. How do I download 1.90? This is bull. I cannot edit what I want when I want how I want it in the new program, and it's buggy as hell.

Why do you need 1.90? If you think 1.95 is buggy you're not gonna have a better time with 1.90 lol. Would recommend you use 1.92 instead.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Pretty sure somewhere in this thread, the owner of GoldMap did point out that AdvanceMap is indeed in violation with GoldMap's GNU GPLv2 Licence. Despite the owner asking Lu-ho to release the source code, Lu-ho hasn't. So if we were to make AdvanceMap compliant with GPLv2, all versions will need to be decompiled.

Anyways, even though AdvanceMap is written in Visual Basic, still would be nice to have it as a reference for future projects moving forward.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years
@Musik Theme:
"Violet City" is already in the musik_en.ini file:
0151=Islands 6-7 (AKA Violet City Theme from GSC)
already in

@Source code:
No I will NOT Release the code (as I say all who ask this before).
If I decide to don't do Romhacking anymore, I will perhaps make it opensource under a licence of my desire.

@tri-layered blocks
A "Alpha"-tester also ask me this question.
so, I say this to all:

@All:
If you have created a new Function (ASM-Fixes), and share this with the whole World.
I would also add special Change function for it in AdvanceMap.

BUT: you should make it usable for All Rom Version, or in minimum for all Language off the same Version.

Also if you want to share this funktion (and also the "extended Worldmap") i would add special functions for it in AdvanceMap.
You have to say me, how I found out the system is build in, and how I have to save the data, so it works together. wait for details

greetz LU-HO

LU-HO, you haven't updated Advance Map for a while .. I was wonderin', if you are quitting ROM hacking, could you send over the Source Code? I'll happily continue A-Map :)

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
LU-HO, you haven't updated Advance Map for a while .. I was wonderin', if you are quitting ROM hacking, could you send over the Source Code? I'll happily continue A-Map :)

As you could probably tell, hes been inactive for a good 6 years now. So any news for an update will most likely not gonna happen, sadly.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years

As you could probably tell, hes been inactive for a good 6 years now. So any news for an update will most likely not gonna happen, sadly.

AdvanceMap is closed source, and LU-HO hasn't returned. So it's likely to say that the source will never be released. The program would be written in Object Pascal (and Delphi 6 code), anyways, since it's a fork of GoldMap.

Instead of using Advance Map, I would recommend checking out AwesomeMapEditor and if anyone here knows C++ and Qt, you could revive AwesomeMapEditor and fix all the issues so it can be buildable! It's time to throw away AdvanceMap for good!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2020
Hello can someone help me please. I can't seem to load an Emerald Rom on Advanced Map. It works on my emulator but when I try to load it in Advanced Map the Rom doesn't even appear in the folder. It's acting like the Rom is the wrong kind of file

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years
Hello can someone help me please. I can't seem to load an Emerald Rom on Advanced Map. It works on my emulator but when I try to load it in Advanced Map the Rom doesn't even appear in the folder. It's acting like the Rom is the wrong kind of file

Pretty sure it has to be in .gba format, at least to my knowledge- it's only ever worked for me in that format.

Years
can someone please get 1.95 source code or contact LU-HO so people can finish off the project open source it or something please then maybe this project will bloom better i use 1.95 and yea every now & then it has issues just a quick close and reopen fixes it but if it was open source then imagine how much more stuff could be added i would use 1.92 but i like the preview of connected maps and the mult tile tool those two are the best thing that has even been added i would also say the expanded rom support is great as well

Back