• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
Here are the stat updates and a Victory Road Walkthrough (sort of)

Golbat/Golbat lv. 65
Atk: 146
Def:133
Spd:162
Spc:129

Moves: Giga Drain, Wing Attack, Bite, Confuse Ray

E4 coming soon!

Part 21: Before the Storm
Spoiler:

Part 22: Final Prep
Spoiler:

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
LeafGreen Clefable Run Update #1

Oh hey! Decided to take a Clefable through LeafGreen. Might turn this into an ultimate at some point, but for right now it's just the one game.

Name: Huggs
Rival: Muggs
Starter: Jeu D'eau the Squirtle

-Started up, got some balls, hacked in Alto the Cleffa at Lv. 5. He was holding a Moon Stone!
-Blah Blah Blah got through Viridian Forest
-Grinded up to Lv. 17 when Alto learned Magical Leaf (it's like he was built to solo)
-Brock was dead easy with the new move. (Forgot to take screen of it)
-Got through Mt. Moon, taught him Mega Punch from the guy right outside
-Took out Misty with little issue. Just had to get Starmie to Sleep with Sing
-On Nugget Bridge, Alto got to Lv. 27 and finally evolved into a Clefairy!
-Skipped everything I could on the SS Anne, then took out Lt. Surge really easily, mostly because of my level. Taught Alto Shock Wave
-On Route 9, Alto reached Lv. 33 and learned Cosmic Power, which was the move I was waiting for before using a Moon Stone on him. Sooooo I used it, and he's a Clefable now!
-Blah blah blah Rock Tunnel blah blah blah Erika. The only thing that made Erika annoying was that I forgot to visit the Pokemon Center beforehand so I ran out of PP for Mega Punch in the miidle of the fight and both of m other attacks are resisted by grass. It still wasn't that bad though
-Blah blah blah Game Corner blah Pokemon Tower
-Got the TM for Return from the girl in the gate south of Lavender. Taught it to Alto.
-Caught a bunch of pokemon so I had 30 so I cold get the Itemfinder. Got a Leftovers from where a Snorlax was sitting
-Blah blah blah Koga. This guy finally felt like a gym. Mostly because his Weezing got crazy poison hax on like every move
-Mugg's Venusaur at Silph Co. actually was a bit intimidating, finally broke out the Cosmic Powers.
-One shot all of Sabrina's team
-Blaine was easy as well
-Same with Giovanni
-Got more pokemon so I had 40 to get the Amulet Coin. Fought a bunch of trainers I skipped for the money.
-Used the money to buy the coins to get the TMs for Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. Taught them both to Alto
-Blah blah blah Victory Road

The E4 was almost too easy. I was expecting much worse. The only thing that wasn't capable of being two shot was Mugg's Arcanine.

I think I'm gonna to the endgame stuff and do the E4 rematches. I'll update if I do.

Spr_3f_036.png

Alto the Modest Clefable ♂, Lv.77 @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
-Return
-Cosmic Power
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Screens and Video:
Spoiler:

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
It's finally time! Up first, Golbat vs. Lorelei and Bruno!
Glitchy stuff at the end of the video (10:51), because it wouldn't be Pokemon Green if something weird didn't happen! :3

Part 23: The Elite Four!

Spoiler:

Part 24: The Last Elites!

Closing out the Elite Four will be no small task. Can a humble Zubat manage to defeat Ghosts and Dragons?!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Goooooooooooooooooooood news guys! I'm back! And I'm updating stuff! Right now, I'm through page 52 (you won't see it because I'm updating it to Microsoft Word and then going from word to the update. Its easier that way). But yeah, I'm back!

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
Pokemon Green -- The Finale!

Spoiler:

Golbat lv. 69

Giga Drain
Wing Attack
Bite
Confuse Ray.

Onwards to Crystal!

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Ok, I've got all the single challenges updated. Still gotta do the Ultimates. I'm going to merge RBYG and FRLG, as well as GSC and HGSS later, so if you did a single in RBYG/GSC/FRLG/HGSS and don't find your name in the right place, check the other section from your region.

BIG shout out to Buzz Buzz for helping me out. This wouldn't have gotten updated as fast if SHE hadn't have had a list already prepared for me. What an awesome chick.

Also I did Dugtrio on Blue last night. There's a vid of it on my livestream, but I don't have any photos. Huggermugger can vouch for me though. And I own the thread.... so I can vouch for me as well.

Last edited:

InvictoX

Water Trainer/Researcher
Years
  • Age 37
  • NC
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
Quick question before I get started a pick a pokemon and all, and I am only asking because I did not see it in the rules, are certain or any legendaries allowed? For me I mean can I use Darkrai? :D

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I know I've answered you, but just in case anyone else is wondering, Yes, you can use Legendaries for this. I went ahead and put it in the OP. Thanks for bringing that up!

And here be the results of me Persian run.
OS9l5.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Username: Chuavechito

Pokemon: Gyarados

Ultimate: Yes

Progress: GenI - GenII - GenIII - GenIV - GenV

Generation 1 (Blue)

Spoiler:

Leveling up Magikarp was a pain in the ass, but once he evolved the rest of the game was a pice of cake. Gyarados's Special is way to imbalanced in this generation.

Generation 2 (Crystal)

Spoiler:

Same than before, leveling up was quite annoying, but once I got Gyarados there way of losing. Overall much more dificult than the previous one for multiple reasons (drastical drop on SpA, no more Body Slam, no Double Team until after defeating elite 4, etc).

The elite 4 was much easier than I expected. I though it was going to be hard because I cant get Double Team until after defeating them, but since I was so overleveled I just sweeped them with no setup.

Red was much harder than I thought. In my first attempt he got Thunder + PRZ on the first try vs my first turn Double Team :/ The second attempt he got a lucky Thunder vs my 6th Double Team (I already tanked the 1st turn Thunder so that one 2HKO'd me). The 3rd time he wasnt so lucky so I just setup on him and sweeped.

Generation 3 (Emerald)

Spoiler:

Gyarados gets a huge buff in this generation. The decreases on wild encounter rate from Intimidate is such a blessing.

Also, the return of early Double Team, the introduction of Lax Incense and the introduction of Blue Flute seriously buffed my usual build.

Secret Power was my dmg move of choice. It worked as a weaker Body Slam in all the relevant battles.

Overall I enjoyed the game. Tomorrow I will start with GenIV but I havent played that game yet (I stoped playing the games after GenIII) so I will most likely play a normal game on Diamond/Pearl and then make the challenge on Platinum.

Last edited:

InvictoX

Water Trainer/Researcher
Years
  • Age 37
  • NC
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
Never mind on that Darkrai Myrrhman, he'll be next, Im gonna do.....

Username: Invicto
Game: Soulsilver
Pokemon: Electivire
Ultimate: No

I noticed no one has done this with him yet! Electivire is awesome!!! (One of the few non-water types I like) I have to make a statement and do it with him first, then I give myself Legendary privileges :D

-edit- Also Im going to start with him, I dont have anyone to trade with around here, and no Wi-Fi for quite a while :D

Last edited:

yaya0

は真優勝
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I decided to do an Ultimate, and randomly rolled for my "partner."

First roll, I got... Mew. Sorry, not using a legendary here.
Second roll, Delibird. lolnope
Third try, I got Weezing, and that's what I'm going with.

Username: yaya0
Pokémon: Koffing/Weezing
Games: FireRed, HeartGold, Ruby, Diamond, (TBD)

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Updated

Username: Chuavechito

Pokemon: Gyarados

Progress: GenI - GenII - GenIII - GenIV - GenV

Generation 3 (Emerald)

Spoiler:

Gyarados gets a huge buff in this generation. The decreases on wild encounter rate from Intimidate is such a blessing.

Also, the return of early Double Team, the introduction of Lax Incense and the introduction of Blue Flute seriously buffed my usual build.

Secret Power was my dmg move of choice. It worked as a weaker Body Slam in all the relevant battles.

Overall I enjoyed the game. Killing Rayquaza was the hardest thing I had to do. I had to way to kill him before he Rest'd up so I had to stall with my own Rest and run him out of PP lol.

DarkSilaxis

Master of Darkness
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
This sounds like fun, Ill give it a shot

Username: DarkSilaxis
Pokémon: Absol
Ultimate: No
Games: HeartGold

Years
  • Age 31