• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'd want sounds that are more easily distinguishable and less robotic/metallic as Antemortem describes it. Unless that Pokémon is based off of some type of technology or appliance, then that's fine. Miltank is one of my favorite Pokémon sounds because it comes off more natural than most. That's what I hope they aim for.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Miltank is one of my favorite Pokémon sounds because it comes off more natural than most. That's what I hope they aim for.
That and the Lillipup line. I mean, they were practically actual dog barks, especially Stoutland. That was fantastic.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah the cries should represent the animal that each pokemon represents more~ And I hope that they will each be unique and won't sound similar to another pokemon. =(

Like... Vileplume and Aerodactyl. I swear, they both have similar cries. @__@

Guy

just a guy
Years
Yeah the cries should represent the animal that each pokemon represents more~ And I hope that they will each be unique and won't sound similar to another pokemon. =(

There are Pokémon that actually do share the same cries. Take Charizard and Rhyhorn for example. I wish they could both get new cries that will help differentiate the two when you hear them. A more distinguishable roar for Charizard would be great. A lower growl for Rhyhorn would seem to fit nicely too.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years

Yeah, I don't understand Pokemon sharing cries. For instance, Rhyhorn and Charizard sharing cries in the... First Gen, was it? That just tells me that creators were too lazy to make a separate one for Rhyhorn (as it sounds like a dragon's cry, so it was likely made for our favorite chameleon dude first) so they just slapped a random one on it. Originality pleaseeee.

EDIT: Aerilyn why are you doing this to me

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Wow. Some of those are carbon copies and others are small adjustments that try and mask the fact they are otherwise copies. That's so sad. :c

EDIT: Also, I like how Mew and Paras are similar, and Mewtwo and Parasect are similar. :| That was obviously intentional.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Even if that was so, the cries could have been edited in later generations to something more unique rather than recycling what had to be done in the past.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Will Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, and/or Celebi be obtainable in these games? Will we finally be able to catch 'em all?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Will Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, and/or Celebi be obtainable in these games? Will we finally be able to catch 'em all?
We won't know which Pokémon will be available until the Regional Dex becomes available and known to the public. However, Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, and Celebi are Pokémon that are usually exclusive to events and promotional purposes, so I wouldn't expect them to be available in-game without some sort of event being held within reason.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I wonder if they'll have something to link together the games as far as events go. Like the Zorua/shiny dogs events, where you get an event Pokemon in B2W2 and then transfer it to XY and get another event Pokemon.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
If they did edit those, I would only want them to slightly tweak them, otherwise I'd get confused.
Maybe. I mean at this point, it would be confusing. Fifteen years with same cries and suddenly changing them would, in fact, be odd. I meant they could and should have earlier so it wouldn't sound so odd even today.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I doubt these Pokémon will ever be obtainable in the main series games. They need something to give out at events right?

We won't know which Pokémon will be available until the Regional Dex becomes available and known to the public. However, Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, and Celebi are Pokémon that are usually exclusive to events and promotional purposes, so I wouldn't expect them to be available in-game without some sort of event being held within reason.

I wish they would make a Wii U game like XD where you could obtain an extremely rare Pokémon by completing the game.
(Well, Lugia was rare before HeartGold/SoulSilver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back