• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Alfheim Online Challenge REVIVED

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
Well, continuing on from last time. I actually have a lot of events few days ago, camping with friends, research, and etc. Which probably makes this update late than usual (Doesn't help that i'm doing nuzlocke on photonic sun also that is harder than this hack). This time i'll be putting my progress on the spoilers tab so it doesn't clutter the thread too much
Spoiler:

TLDR:
Current Badges : 5 (Coal Badge, Forest Badge, Relic Badge, Cobble Badge, and Fen Badge)
Maylene's an easy one when you have enough speed, Crasher Wake is a total pain

MrBunny9612

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
Team: Undine (Marshtomp), Gocknak (Pelipper)
Gym badges earned: [Stone Badge, Knuckle Badge, Dynamo Badge, Heat Badge]
Did you know that it is a long walk from Mauville to Lavaridge Town since you have to not only go all the way to Meteor Falls but then loop back around through Mauville again just to get to Mt. Chimney so you can fight Team Magma. Since it took me awhile (not really just haven't been doing the challenge), this took a week or more. At least this gave enough training to Wingull to evolve into Pelipper before we went up Mt. Chimney. Thanks to that, Team Magma were easy since I have two water pokemon around level 30 now. Once the battle was done with Team Magma's Leader, I headed to Lavaridge Town since it was the closest town and my pokemon needed to heal up their moves for the Fire-type Gym Leader in the same town. Again, thanks to having Water-type Pokemon, the gym and the Leader were easy but the puzzle always throws me for a loop. Now I have 4 badges.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
This is the second to last update i'll be doing on this series as we're about to finish the story, please enjoy
Spoiler:

TLDR:
Current Badges : 7 (Coal Badge, Forest Badge, Relic Badge, Cobble Badge, Fen Badge, Mine Badge, and Icicle Badge)
Trade Skorupi is OP, please nerf

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Platinum Update 7

Team:
Kingdra LVL 51
Surf/Agility/Waterfall/Hydro Pump
Infernape LVL 47
Rock Smash/Close Combat/Flame Wheel/Rock Climb
Altaria LVL 44
DragonBreathe/Take Down/Safeguard/Fly
Houndoom LVL 45
Smog/Fire Fang/Bite/Faint Attack
Rapidash LVL 45
Flame Wheel/Strength/Agility/Fire Blast

Badges (8) Coal Badge, Forest Badge, Relic Badge, Cobble Badge, Fen Badge, Mine Badge, Icicle Badge, Beacon Badge

Sorry for seeming to take a long time. I was on a trip for a while so I couldn't do much online and we were walking around most of the day so couldn't play the games. But I'm back again so yeah. Anyway beat the last gym leader who was quite easy due to Kingdra and Altaria taking neutral damage instead of super effective. Plus it was just easy overall in my opinion. So now just gotta get over with the elite four and champion so most likely time to grind them and get them one level over each elite four and champion.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Final Platinum Update

Final Team:
Kingdra LVL
Infernape LVL 63
Rock Smash/Close Combat/Flare Blitz/Rock Climb
Gabite LVL 46
Sand Tomb/Slash/Dragon Claw/Dig
Houndoom LVL 60
Flamethrower/Fire Fang/Crunch/Dark Pulse
Rapidash LVL 54
Flame Wheel/Strength/Bounce/Fire Blast
Altaria LVL 57
DragonBreath/Dragon Pulse/Safeguard/Fly

So Platinum Salamander challenge complete. This was a fun and interesting challenge especially with the level limits. What I will say is early on in the game it is hard to not over level, but the problem you get later on is you might be under level which causes you to grid which I actually enjoyed for some strange reason. I would actually recommend the challenge since it is a somewhat easier challenge than the other ones especially since you automatically get a fire pokemon as a starter. But besides that how I beat the elite 4 and champion. I mainly assigned one pokemon to an elite four member. So Rapidash was against the bug elite four. Altaria against ground, Kingdra against fire, and Houndoom against psychic. That left Infernape with the champion while Gabite was more of the healer/support pokemon. Though as I stated about grinding the best place I found to grind was Route 223 due to the leveling of the pokemon and how Tentacruel gave quite a bit of exp.
unknown.png

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
Final Platinum Update

Final Team:
Kingdra LVL
Infernape LVL 63
Rock Smash/Close Combat/Flare Blitz/Rock Climb
Gabite LVL 46
Sand Tomb/Slash/Dragon Claw/Dig
Houndoom LVL 60
Flamethrower/Fire Fang/Crunch/Dark Pulse
Rapidash LVL 54
Flame Wheel/Strength/Bounce/Fire Blast
Altaria LVL 57
DragonBreath/Dragon Pulse/Safeguard/Fly

So Platinum Salamander challenge complete. This was a fun and interesting challenge especially with the level limits. What I will say is early on in the game it is hard to not over level, but the problem you get later on is you might be under level which causes you to grid which I actually enjoyed for some strange reason. I would actually recommend the challenge since it is a somewhat easier challenge than the other ones especially since you automatically get a fire pokemon as a starter. But besides that how I beat the elite 4 and champion. I mainly assigned one pokemon to an elite four member. So Rapidash was against the bug elite four. Altaria against ground, Kingdra against fire, and Houndoom against psychic. That left Infernape with the champion while Gabite was more of the healer/support pokemon. Though as I stated about grinding the best place I found to grind was Route 223 due to the leveling of the pokemon and how Tentacruel gave quite a bit of exp.

Good job completing your second run! It's kinda strange having the first two completed runs both be from the same person, but that just gives you a special place in the hall of fame lol

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
Sorry for long time waiting, honestly i was too lazy to write haha. I've done it, with few mishap and two ridiculous mistakes we still managed to beat the pokemon league. Without further ado here's the transcript.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Syntthetix

Years
Sorry for long time waiting, honestly i was too lazy to write haha. I've done it, with few mishap and two ridiculous mistakes we still managed to beat the pokemon league. Without further ado here's the transcript.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The transcript is a little confusing, does that put you at the end of your playthrough? Or do you just have 8 badges now?

Syntthetix

Years
Read the bottom part, i've told in the transcript that Cynthia was the most anticlimatic battle. Which means i've beaten her. Sorry it's kinda messed up

Ah okay, I misread that part. Regardless, congrats on being the second person to complete the challenge! That makes you the third entry into the Hall of Fame.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
PC Username: Pok3pals
In-game Name: Pok3pal
Race determined by quiz: Undine
Game: White

Third run :3

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Undine Update 1

Team:
oshawott.png

Lvl: 16
Moveset:
-Tackle
-Water Gun
-Focus Energy
-Tail Whip

Badges: Trio Badge

So the first one was a slight challenge since I was faced against the grass type gym leader as expected. Though it became a bit easier the more I grinded against him and his Lillipup. Along with using a few Tail Whips and a Focus Energy it made it somewhat easier.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023

Undine Update 2

Team:
dewott.png

LVL: 34
Moveset:
-Cut
-Revenge
-Razor Shell
-Water Pulse
palpitoad.png

LVL: 33
Moveset:
-Mud Shot
-Rain Dance
-Aqua Ring
-Muddy Water
vanillite.png

LVL: 26
Item:
Nevermeltice
Moveset:
-Uproar
-Mirror Shot
-Mist
-Avalanche
Badges: Trio Badge, Basic Badge, Beetle Badge, Bolt Badge, Quake Badge

Sorry for not posting for a long time! Just lost a bit of motivation for challenges, but now I'm doing better now! So then I have progressed quite a lot since last time. The normal and bug badge I don't remember what I did since I defeated them a while ago so...Sorry. But for both the electric and ground they were surprisingly easy. For Elesa I mainly used Palpitoad since she couldn't do anything. All she used was Aerial Ace for her Emolgas and spammed Quick Attack with Zebstrika. And for Clay I one shot his Krokorok with Avalanche and defeated the rest with Water Pulse. So...Just three more to go! Of course I still need a Pokémon to have Water Absorb which I might get a Frillish. And then the other two members might be Beartic and Cryogonal with one of them or Vanillite learning Ice Beam.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023

Undine Update 3

Team
samurott.png

LVL: 38
Moveset
-Cut
-Razor Shell
-Water Pulse
-Revenge

seismitoad.png

LVL: 39
Moveset
- Aqua Ring
- Rain Dance
- Bulldoze
-Muddy Water

vanillish.png

LVL: 41
Moveset
- Uproar
- Acid Armor
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Shot

cubchoo.png

Moveset
-Slash
-Icy Wind
-Endure
-Brine

frillish-f.png

LVL: 32
Moveset
-Ominous Wind
-Brine
-Recover
-Water Pulse

Badges (7): Trio, Basic, Insect, Bolt, Quake, Jet, Icicle

So I have Frillish for water absorb ability. Vanillish for the ice beam. And Seismitoad for the healing move. I planned to have Cryogonal on my team, but...not going to waste much time to try and find one since it is 1%.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023

Undine Update 4

Team
samurott.png

LVL: 41
Moveset
-Cut
-Razor Shell
-Water Pulse
-Revenge

seismitoad.png

LVL: 43
Moveset
- Aqua Ring
- Rain Dance
- Bulldoze
-Muddy Water

vanillish.png

LVL: 44
Moveset
- Uproar
- Hail
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Shot

cubchoo.png

Moveset
-Slash
-Icy Wind
-Endure
-Brine

frillish-f.png

LVL: 37
Moveset
-Ominous Wind
-Brine
-Recover
-Water Pulse

ducklett.png

LVL: 23
Moveset
- Surf
- Fly
- Aerial Ace
- Water Pulse

Badges (8): Trio, Basic, Insect, Bolt, Quake, Jet, Icicle, Legend

So...pretty much wiped out the gym with Vanillish. Now just got to fight N and Ghetsis!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2020
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2020
Update 1

Team:
Beedrill lvl 18
Poison Sting/Harden/Fury Attack/Focus Energy
Nidoran(M) lvl 7
Peck/Leer
Zubat lvl 8
Leech Life/Astonish

Badges (1) Boulder Badge

So I begin my journey and pick Bulbasaur thinking it is great that I can use my starter only to find out that he cannot learn any dark type moves at all by tm or level up so I catch a Weedle as the actual first member of my team and begin grinding right after I catch a Pidgey because I have to because of my restrictions as an Imp then once I evolve Weedle into Beedrill(which took forever because Weedle could only do one battle before I had to go back to the Pokemon center and Kakuna wasn't much better)I do the optional rival battle and head Viridian forest and proceed to show all of the bug catchers who the true bug catcher is then move on to pewter city and grind to learn focus energy this is so I don't have to spend hours grinding just to fight Brock so on my first attempt I get crushed by Geodude and by the time I got to Onix, Beedrill had like 2 hp so I reset and tried again and this time I get super lucky with Geodude spamming defense curl so I could set up after I set up my 6 hardens and focus energy I poison Geodude then use fury attack till he dies then do the same to Onix. After that I battle my way through to mount moon and before I enter I catch a Nidoran and then enter Mt. Moon to catch a Zubat and box the Pidgey since the Zubat can replace Pidgey, follow the rule and has the type that matches my class Imp, I then reach cerulean, heal up then start grinding.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2020
Hey I'm finally back for update 2

Team
Beedrill
Lvl 23
Twineedle
Poison Sting
Harden
Focus Energy

Nidorino
Lvl 20
Double Kick
Peck
Focus Energy
Dig

Ekans
Lvl 18
Wrap
Leer
Poison Sting
Bite

Zubat
Lvl 19
Leech Life
Astonish
Supersonic
Bite

Badges (2) Cascade and Boulder

So 3 things I forgot to mention last time so basically on my way through Mt. Moon I made sure to pick the thief TM and a moon stone then once I got out I caught an Ekans. OK onto the more recent stuff so I battle my rival(sweep with beedrill) then start switch training Zubat and Ekans on nugget bridge then I talk to Bill, get dig,and then I go train on route 6 then go to Misty she wasn't that hard a clean sweep with Beedrill since her pokemon a part psychic I have a feeling Beedrill's reign of terror will end very soon so I officially move onto Vermilion and go on the SS Anne and start preparing for my rival battle(Side note I didn't evolve yet Nidorino because Nidoking doesn't learn a level up dark move and thief is being saved for someone but Nidorino learns Flatter at Lvl 43 a move I didn't even know existed,it's swagger but for special atk)

Back