• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Recruitment & Team Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Hack name: Pokemon unnamed hack
Hack of: Pokemon emerald
Information about the hack: the concept of this one is that the big name gym leaders are turning up missing and you (as the player) is recruited/drafted into helping the poke-police force in searching for the ones behind it. (story is a work in progress may or may not change)
Finished percentage:0.0001%
Your hacking skills: beginning mapping
What help or skill you're looking for: mapping, tile making/inserting, scripting, spriting, and pretty much everything including adding new pokemon
Additional information: new starters (Vulpix, Eevee, Pichu) not the stranded ones but they are great and not normal starters XD
no team magma or team aqua
two new teams instead
pokemon from gen 1-6 (all hopefully)
physical/ special split
no fakemon
updated sprites
updated moves
all currently known types
all updated resistances and weaknesses
new story
harder gameplay
and anything else that can be added without any truble
Additional contact information: [email protected], Skype gabe2348 and VM (via this)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
Wanted Tilesetter!

Hello! I open this discussion because I need a tilesetter for the RPG game that I'm currently developing. I have a very good team but in all that I miss a tilesetter (or art director depending on how you want to call) So if there is anyone interested in the project of our team please send a private message! Thank you and good continuation of reading!

tiggytiggy122

ThatGamerSype
Years
Hack name: Pokémon Alpha Team

Hack of: Pokémon Firered/Leafgreen

Information about the hack: The hero/heroin is a 11-12 year old kid. Their father is on the "Pokémon Alpha Team" in Kanto for a mission to stop team "Delta Void" One day, your house catches on fire while the hero/heroin is sleeping and the Mother comes in to wake them up. A couple days later, The family receives a call from the Alpha Team stating that the kid's father has disappeared and is now considered MIA. The kid locks him/herself in their room and thinks about if their dad is MIA or possibly dead. They wake up the next morning, and their mom tells them that they have to move to Kanto. After the move, the hero/heroin receives mail from the team stating that they need their help in looking for their father. They will provide essential starting tools for the journey across Kanto to find their dad.

Features: All Pokémon gen 1-3(mega evolutions included), Revamped Kanto Maps, new leaders, RED is FIGHTABLE at the end of the game. New elite four. New starters-Eevee, Pikachu, or maybe Poochyena, MEGA EVOLUTIONS!!!YAY!!!!, some other stuff...

Finished percentage: Haven't started yet, just came up with the idea XD
Your hacking skills: Mapping, Spriting(Inserting), tile inserting(somewhat)
What help or skill you're looking for: Tile Editing, Sprite Maker, Scripter, all that good stuff, hex editing, maybe asm patching.
Additional contact information: you can pm me here, email me [email protected], or skype me at xana6756
Additional information: NONE so far

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
Years
Hack name: Project D-Load (no final hack name yet)
Hack of: FireRed
Information about the hack: An adaptation of the Digimon series. The hack will feature many story elements from all Digimon seasons, but the main quest will be heavily adapted from Adventure 01. Side-quests involving the other seasons will exist though. It will be styled more as an RPG than Pokemon's traditional feel. There will be no Pokemon, just Digimon who will belong to Tamers. Except for Digivolution, most battle mechanics will be taken directly from Pokemon so there will be Physical/Special/Status moves, the 17 Types, and Pokemon stats. All Pokemon terms will be changed to reflect the Digimon series, as well as most items and mechanics. Many of the bad guys will be original Tamers modeled after and utilizing the Digimon antagonists and the story is a slightly more mature version of the series. Digivolution can be both temporary and permanent (looking for different advantages for both) to suit player's taste and will be much more varied than Pokemon.
Finished percentage: 0 for the actual hack, 75% of the planning. I have the region map and story all fleshed out, have almost finished the list of Digimon to include, started planning side quests and such, characters, etc. I'm working on characters now. I've got a list of all features in detail that I plan on including and how to at least learn to implement them.
Your hacking skills: None. I've literally just started to learn how to hack, but I'm a writer and have been working on the story itself for a couple of years. I'm currently researching and studying as much of hacking as I can.
What help or skill you're looking for: Literally anything. I have no experience and am in no position to ask for anything specific. Spriting, mapping, ASM, scripting, story help, art design, even help with the story, I'll take any help. You don't even have to know anything about Digimon (Hell, I think you'll enjoy the ROM better if you don't). Directing me to some learning resources would even help tremendously.
Additional contact information: PM me on here first if you're interested and then I'll share my personal Skype or e-mail. I have a few documents to share on what I have so far I can send.
Additional information: I plan on making two versions, one being a lite hack that is mostly script changes and sprite replacement with a more Pokemonish story as the test hack, and then the full version. The hack will also have plenty of Easter eggs and references to "geek culture" in general to reflect Digimon's internet themes.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Hack name: Pokemon Blood Red (possible change)

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Information about the hack:
tl;dr, A complete overhaul of fire red whilst still preserving the story, simply adding onto it.
Basically a fire red expansion pack.
Spoiler:

Finished percentage:15-25%

Your hacking skills: XSE scripting, YAPE, Sprite insertion and tile insertion and altering, advance map mapping and customizing, etc. I use nearly every kind of pokemon hack tool available.

What help or skill you're looking for:tl;dr: I'm looking for someone to make pokemon sprites! If you have great mega evolution ideas or can make mine come to life, i've got a job for you! (this includes battle sprites [front and back] and OW sprites, not necessarily needing to be done by the same person) :)
I'm also looking for potential beta testers.
Additional info:
Spoiler:

Additional contact information: You can PM me via this website or contact me via skype by the username; FriedSpock. I will get back to you immediately.

Additional information:I'm accepting ideas for this hack. I'm not the most creative guy there is, but id love to have this hack go in other directions, (ex; another region?) when it comes to the storyline.

Last edited:
Years
pokemon fusion amethyst, need member for developing

i need members to become part of my team.

hack name: pokemon fusion amethyst
rom base: ruby
language: english
region: eoropha
(a very big region of eoropha)
(a very misterious region of eoropha)

features:
a brandnew region of eoropha, comes to you to catch all pokemon and trade
Y and X like tiles
3 regional valein: team shadow, team flare, and a very strange group ( team demon)
some pokemon in gen 5 and 6
some new move and HM
some X and Y sound
no need to trade pokemon to evolve
black market.
day and night cycle

i need people for:

scripting --------------
mapping --------------
tiler --------------
music --------------
map artist -------------
title screen artist -----------
day and night inserter -----------
spriter ---------
planner --------ME

Lone_Darkrai

Darkrai Unleashed !
Years
~~~~~~P O K E M O N : D A R K N E S S U N L E A S H E D~~~~~

Greetings Everybody !
I am Thinking of Creating a Rom Hack so .........
~~~~~~INFORMATION~~~~~~
HACK NAME :- Pokémon : Darkness Unleashed (Can be Changed)
ROM BASE :- FireRed or Emerald
Language :- English
Region :- Kanto with Many Extra Maps !
~~~~~~~~~STORY LINE~~~~~~
There were a Set of Events That Changed The Life of Natural Gropius Harmonia A.K.A N ...
But We are Unknown to it ...
What Might Have Happened in The 2 Years of Gap Between BW and B2W2 That Changed The Villianious N to a Good and Helpful Person ?
Thats What You will Findout in This Hack !
So Heres how it Starts ....
After Being Defeated By the Protanogist of BW , N ....
Completely Defeated Rides onto His Reshiram Far Away From Unova ...
He Doesnt know Where he is Going ..
Just Away From Himself .
Then He Reach a Distinct Land and Thinks of Learning More From Life By Living a Life Outside of Castle !
Number of Events Happen in This Unknown Land That Change Him ...
Stay Tuned !
~~~~~~~FEATURES~~~~~~~
1) Play as N from Black and White !
2) Starter as Darkrai with Many Marvelous Stories of Him !
3) Originality- The Place Remains the Same , Pokemon Remain the Same Just with Quiet more Excitement !
4) Over 600 Pokemon ! (I Cannot Promise Because I am a Beginner)
5) Antanogist as Silver From Manga with Intense Rivalry with Us !
6) An Awesome Story .
7) A New Kind of Place Specially For Cheaters !
More Features in the Future !
~~~~~~~~~~TEAM RECRUITMENT~~~~~~~~
I Can Script a Bit ...
You can Call me a Beginner But I am a Fast Learner So ...
Any Kind of Help Would be Appreciated !
Also Can Anyone of You Teach me to Script (Personal Tution) ?
People Required :-
1) Spriter [2-3 People]
2) Mapper [1 Person]
3) Scripter [I Can But not so Good]
4) Tileset Creator [1 Person]
5) Beta Tester
6) GFX and Music Things
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope You Liked It !
And Sorry For My English

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
I AM JUST LOOKING FOR A SPRITING ASSISTANT

I can show you how to do it all you need is paint
I will basically do everything else.

Hack name: B-Rock / Brxck
Hack of: GOLD (for mobile emulation purposes)
Information about the hack: S'good
Finished percentage: 10%
Your hacking skills: All of them
What help or skill you're looking for: SPRITING ASSISTANT
Additional contact information: skype: [email protected] twitter: https://twitter.com/LaggicDolkk
Additional information: If you help me; Ill implement your ideas into the game [;

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 29, 2015
Buying Map/Sprite/Art Services

Hello there! My name is G and I'm a new member here looking to improve my skills and gain knowledge and help from this awesome community.

I am currently working on a hack that is quite large and as such I am looking to recruit some people to work as artists, spriters, mappers. I am happy to discuss ideas and prices for work in PM, if you are interested please message me.

Thank you for your time

Acecaldwell01

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2019
Hack name: Pokemon: Revenge of the Rockets
Hack of: FireRed
Information about the hack: I plan on this being BIG. A hack where you play as team rocket and get promoted kind of like Toxic Purple if it was ever finished... You steal pokemon and other things as missions. In the end, you face Giovanni and take his roll as leader. Your rival is James. Jessie and Meowth left the criminal life and moved to Saffron City.
Finished percentage: 0% (Just started, building a team)
Your hacking skills: Sprites and a little script but I'm rusty.
What help or skill you're looking for:
1 Co-Leader (Someone that can do a bit of everything and has PLENTY of time on their hands for when I don't)
2-3 Good Spriters (One specifically a trainer spriter)
2 Mappers
3 Decent Scripters
1 OW Editor
1 Storyliner ( making side-stories in the team rocket storyline)
1 Beta Tester

Please PM me on here if you are interested.

Format to use if you are applying:

Nickname:
Skill(s):
Proof of Skill(s) (mediafire zip file):
Are you active:
E-Mail:
Additional Info (optional):

Email is REQUIRED so that I can invite you to the HipChat chat website. This is the website we will use to communicate!

Last edited:
Years
Hack name: Undecided (A good story matters more than a flashy name)
Hack of: Fire Red
Information about the hack: Set in a new region, Professor Vine discovers Eevee evolutions for the remaining 10 types (ground, fighting, ghost, etc). However, just as the hero is about to start on his/her journey, Team Rocket breaks into his lab and steals each one. The hero will set off on their journey toward the Pokemon league while keeping an eye out for the stolen Pokemon, along with finding the original 8 evolutions.
Finished percentage: About 10%
Your hacking skills: Scripting, mapping, pokemon/trainer editing

What help or skill you're looking for: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Only need someone for graphic editing[/S-HIGHLIGHT] (my friend and I are clueless in that department). Only need to change the intro sprites, about 3 OWs, and each of the 10 new eeveelutions (front and back sprites plus PC sprites).
We're getting desperate :(

Additional contact information: You can message me on here or email [email protected]
Additional information: Honestly wouldn't be much work for someone who knows how to do it, and you could even have a say in the story or anything else you can offer. We just need help!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 4, 2015
I have a couple of ideas and was wondering if anyone would like to help with them.
I will probably focus on whichever one has the most support.

Hack name: TBA
Information about the hack: This hack explores the war theory with the protagonist being the newest recruit into the Kanto Pokemon Corps (KPC). Starting as an infantryman the protagonist earns promotions by winning promotional battles against superior officers and completing missions for the KPC (i.e. clearing out the enemy encampment in the Pokemon Tower or liberating an occupied Vermillion City)
Finished percentage: 0%
Your hacking skills: I am an amateur map designer and story writer.
What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, sprite work, tile designer and maybe a more seasoned map designer/tiler if anyone's interested
Additional contact information: [email protected]

or

Hack name: Pokemon Oak Version
Information about the hack: The story of Red / Blue / Fire Red / Leaf Green told from the rival's perspective and how his journey is one of self discovery from a selfish and callow youth, into a champion and then a gym leader.
What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, sprite work, tile designer and maybe a more seasoned map designer/tiler if anyone's interested

or

Hack name: Pokemon Sepia Version
Information about the hack: The origin of how Giovanni went from an earnest young trainer to the leader of Team Rocket and the Viridian City Gym Leader.

or

Hack name: TBA
Hack of: Whatever the team thinks is best, I'd guess Emerald though.
Information about the hack: A mostly standard Pokémon where you play as a young coordinator. The protagonist travels around their home region (and maybe a second region if everything goes well) competing in five contests and finally the Grand Festival in their quest to be a top coordinator.

I imagine contests function like a cross between the contests from Gen III and gym battles with the first part being an appeal to the judges followed by three one-on-one battles. A loss in any of these four stages will lead to having to re-enter the contest.

or

Hack name: Enter the Battle Frontier
Hack of: Whatever the team thinks is best, I'd guess Emerald or Fire Red.
Information about the hack: Having just been named the Champion of the Johto Region you think your journey has come to a close, however when you are approached by a mysterious man named Scott who offers you a whole new challenge, you jump at the chance to start all over again.
What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, sprite work, tile designer and maybe a more seasoned map designer/tiler if anyone's interested.
Additional information: Higher level Pokémon and fully evolved starters (Level 40+ Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr)

Also feel free to PM me here and I'll respond as quickly as I can.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 6, 2019
Wanted: programmer for fakemon hack

Hello, greninjaboss here with a urgent question.
I and a team gathered together to create our own fakemon game but we need someone who can make a rom hack. We already tried to make something but I didn't work well. If you can help us or you know someone who's willing to work on this game, let me know. We really need help!
Our project is called Pokémon theta thunder and almost all fakemon are done.
If you could help, please let me know!

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
Hello everyone.

I'm looking for some people to help out. What i'm looking for is a writer.
I need help in writing a storyline, town names, ect.

As you can tell this hack is in very very early stages.
It doesn't have a name yet, I decided the name needs to wait until we have a good story to go around.

Shoot me a PM if you wish to help!

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
Hello everyone.

I'm looking for some people to help out. What i'm looking for is a writer.
I need help in writing a storyline, town names, ect.

As you can tell this hack is in very very early stages.
It doesn't have a name yet, I decided the name needs to wait until we have a good story to go around.

Shoot me a PM if you wish to help!

What is your hack about..? It'd be nice if you included details and/or the template listed so people interested in helping can know the basic idea of the hack

Blastedoise

"...Too bad, though. ...It's all over now. ♪ ...Th
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Galactica(Get's changed if name has been taken)

Hack of: Pokemon - Ruby

Information about the hack: After you're gone from home the Johto region to begin a new adventure with your Bellsprout , you decide to travel to the region Gala . When you get there you get told by people the 2 teams try mutually to gain control . Whose side are you on? None, both think you're a spy for the other and try everything to stop you. A second problem is your " rival " who constantly is trying to defeat you to show who is the better one. Furthermore, the 3 Pokemon Entei , Suicune and Raikou have emerged in the region but what they do there is still unknown but what's known is that the gangs try to catch these Pokemon to use their power that is what you should prevent to happen . Will you be able to do this? That 's up to you but remember .. when both meet at the same place , things happen that no one has previously wished.

Finished percentage: 0.5%

Your hacking skills: So far i can make trainer battles work in the game as the basic text scripts.

What help or skill you're looking for: Looking for:

- 1-2 Scripters Doesn't matter which one you use whatever suits you better.
- 1-2 Spriters who can make new Trainer Sprites, OW Sprites (if possible) and maybe insert them.
- 1 Mapper (tried making them by myself but they looked horrible) This spot is necessary.
- Someone who has skills to replace the original music in the game. This spot also is necessary.

Additional contact information: You can pm me here if you're interested in helping. I might decide to move to Discord with the team so we can discuss stuff there.

Additional information: Remember that i want to have a whole new region so the mapper spot is needed. I might increase it to 2 mappers if it works out good. It would be really nice to have someone for the music as the standard one is nice but let's show some different music.

Last edited:

Sirzechs

has an Idea
Years
Pokemon Team Development

Hi there ^.^

I am looking for anyone who can make maps using advanced map or rpg maker to our Pokemon hack.

I am looking for 1, max 2 people to help me in the hack as there is me and my friend who do everything and the progress is very slow yet we managed to create 3 towns few routes already in couple of days.

If your interested in more info or want to join me please post down below or pm me.

Thank You :D

P.S. You dont need to know how to script :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 20, 2015
Hack name: Pokemon Purple (Working Title)
Hack of: GBA Ruby
Information about the hack: As a birthday gift for a friend, I made a few sprites for a fan region of hers. Then a few chiptunes, then a few maps... It escalated from there, and soon we had a full-scale hack on our hands. We're both fully committed to the project now- she does concept art and story development, and I do the graphical side. However, since we decided to make this a full hack, I decided to come to the Pokecommunity to seek out help in the areas which I have little experience in.
Finished percentage: Like 10 or 15% is fully done, but the development is ongoing.
Your hacking skills: Sprites and music are what I'm best at, but I can also do mapping, stat editing, and a bit of dialogue.
What help or skill you're looking for: Primarily someone to do backsprites and title screens- things with compressed images that I have no idea how to use yet. Also, someone to help with events, dialogue, and story-flow...
Additional information: We have a lot of work done developing this region, and it means a lot to my friend that I've even gotten this little part done. For more information, please email me, or send me a pm. Like I said, we have a whole set of lore for this region, and all you need do is ask for more information.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
Hack Name: Mystery of Madness
Finished %: 10
My Hacking skills: ASM, Scripting, Mapping.
Skill im looking for: I need 1 scripter & 1 Mapper. Wr already have a writer, 1 mapper. We are almost finished mapping up to the first gym.
We are going to begin scripting soon.

If you would like to join or want more info, please send a PM or message me on skype.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 5, 2021
Hack name: Yet to be decided

Hack of: Emerald 650

Information about the hack: Our story begins in a strange place, an unknown woods: our hero wakes up but he doesn't know how he gets here. In the Woods he finds a man who states "it hasn't struck the hour yet" and then our hero is brought back to Volcano, a small village on a crater where he lives with his father. Frightened by this experience he decides to visit the Research Establishment, hoping that Professor Avalon will give him a Pokèmon like he usually does with visitors.
After succeeding he decides to leave the small island where he lives and travel around Uruk region, believing he'll able to find an answer to several questions: how did he get in and back from that woods? And who was that man?
However more strange and disastrous events occur: cities are burnt, natural landscapes are destroyed. What is the reason of this? Who is sowing tragedy in this quiet region?
Dispel the mistery, defeat the evil and save Uruk!

Finished percentage: 10-15%. I've already realized different maps such as cities, routes, caves and woods and their respective scripts.

Your hacking skills: Mapping, scripting, trainer editing

What help or skill you're looking for: I absolutely need a spriters (overworlds too) and someone who deals with the graphic part (expecially tiles but also battle backgrounds etc).
I'm looking for help in music editing and ASM too.

Additional contact information: PM , Skype (auros19941), E-Mail ([email protected])

Additional information: All Pokèmons from Bulsabaur to Genesect + Sylveon are obtainable. Since I'm using Emerald 650 ROM base this hack presents all the features that have been added in Emerald 650.
Also in Uruk region you'll not find standard gyms: they have been replaced by hidden places where Leaders hide, such as caves, woods and others unknown places: will you be able to find and defeat them all?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back