Advertiser Content
Seen June 7th, 2019
Posted June 7th, 2019
6 posts
218 Days
Cfcboy, Karl and Ray have said in the Discord that there was a delay inserting backsprites, and now they're in the debugging stage. We've been waiting a while for this one, and it's worth an extra few days if it makes the experience more enjoyable.
Check out my YouTube Channel! RomHack Let's Plays and more!
Currently running YouTube's first playthrough of Pokemon Darkfire!

Karl

Creator of Pokémon Darkfire

Male
London, UK
Online now
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
153 posts
9 Years
Firstly, a huge, heartfelt thanks to everyone's comments. This community is one of the nicest I've ever come across, and I hope Darkfire can be somewhat of a gift back to you all for being such amazing people.

As of the time of this post, the first beta is officially complete. It has around 3-4 hours of gameplay.

The ROM has been passed over to Ray, who will complete some final checks on his first playthrough (yes, he hasn't played through the game at all yet, talk about patience!)

Providing there are no serious bugs which I've missed, the game will be released to the public tomorrow night.

Thanks to everyone for being so patient and we can't wait to show you what we've made.

Oh wow!
And I thought the screenshot in your signature looked good.

The whole thing does, this is just so nice to look at.

Also, that snowy tower reminds me of The Tundaria Tower from Golden Sun! <3
Ray has taken quite a bit of inspiration from the Golden Sun series in his mapping and puzzling, so there is definitely a Golden Sun feel to the game!

wanderlustdemon

I'll get angry, and take a nap.

Age 25
Female
Kalt Island
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
188 posts
343 Days
Ray has taken quite a bit of inspiration from the Golden Sun series in his mapping and puzzling, so there is definitely a Golden Sun feel to the game!
If I wasn't sold before, I am now.
Anything with Golden Sun-esque elements is my cup of tea~!

Karl

Male
London, UK
Online now
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
153 posts
9 Years
Welp, public announcement...

Pokémon Darkfire Beta 1.0 is finally here!

Click here to download the Pokémon Darkfire Beta 1.0 Patch

If you need any help with patching, we've got you covered in the Pokémon Darkfire Discord.

Karl

Male
London, UK
Online now
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
153 posts
9 Years
I had a lot of fun with this beta. Amazing graphics and scripting. A lot of love, care and effort was put into it. I'm looking forward to continue the storyline.
Thank you for your feedback! We want this hack to be the best it possibly can be, and we really want you all to enjoy playing it just as much as we enjoy making it for you.

Will you consider adding the physical special split?
It is a planned feature for Beta 2, yes!

The first beta is completely upto pokeleague?
The first beta is around 5-7 hours of gameplay, and ends in Laveria City. I would say about 20% of the game.

Which Fresh Emerald Rom should I use for patching? cause I'm facing many bugs here :v
We are aware many Emerald ROMS cannot be patched and will not allow the player past Union City.

There is a specific Emerald ROM which must be patched.

I can't show you where to find that ROM (for obvious reasons), but I'm sure the Pokémon Darkfire Discord would be happy to help you.

---

Update:

Beta 1.0.4 has been released today!

Fisrtly, thank you all so much for your support in finding bugs, glitches, and other weird things. You guys are awesome. I'm happy to say all major bugs found to date have been squashed with this release, and I hope and pray this version will run smooth for all of you.

As always, if you do manage to find something unusual, please let me know and I will make the relevant fixes.

Enjoy!
Seen June 7th, 2019
Posted June 7th, 2019
6 posts
218 Days
Since it's relevant to the this thread, I wanted to share here, with permission from the game's creator, that I am doing a playthrough of Darkfire on my YouTube channel! Feel free to check it out here:
Pokémon Darkfire Version - BRAND NEW ROMHACK!
Check out my YouTube Channel! RomHack Let's Plays and more!
Currently running YouTube's first playthrough of Pokemon Darkfire!

Karl

Male
London, UK
Online now
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
153 posts
9 Years
Which specific Emerald ROM has to be patched? I used the Trashman ROM.
I can't show you where to find that ROM (for legal reasons), however I did find a ready-to-play patched version of the game on Google with an easy search...

Edit: Added a 1986 TrashMan patch to the download link so you should be good now.

vxo

ROM Hacker

Male
California
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
56 posts
2 Years
Wow! I've been waiting for this for a long time! I've seen your posts around, and have always tried finding your hack. Here it is! I can already tell by all the effort put into this hack that this is gonna be next to Glazed, Light Platinum, etc.

Great work! I'm looking forward to the development of this.
Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted July 5th, 2019
49 posts
7.5 Years
As soon as I enter the building to the right of the "Welcome to Sunrise Town" sign, my screen goes black, and I can't even so much as soft reset. Other than that, no issues so far, and I'm looking forward to playing the rest.

One more thing: does the current Beta have stones to evolve Eevee with? And if so, where would I find them?

Edit: Another problem came up just a few minutes ago: https://imgur.com/a/oqBjVqa

Karl

Male
London, UK
Online now
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
153 posts
9 Years
I really enjoyed the beta. The only thing I would suggest is to make traded Pokemon obey you immediately, it was a pain whenever Rhyhorn ignored orders or used an unintended move.

Awesome to hear that you enjoyed what we made! Good find with the Rhyhorn thing - I'll work to fix that for the next release.

Wow! I've been waiting for this for a long time! I've seen your posts around, and have always tried finding your hack. Here it is! I can already tell by all the effort put into this hack that this is gonna be next to Glazed, Light Platinum, etc.

Great work! I'm looking forward to the development of this.

Thank you for your kind words! We certainly want this hack to be one of the best hacks out there and comments like this really helps us find the motivation to work harder to achieve that goal.

Good luck with Chroma btw, it looks amazing.

As soon as I enter the building to the right of the "Welcome to Sunrise Town" sign, my screen goes black, and I can't even so much as soft reset. Other than that, no issues so far, and I'm looking forward to playing the rest.

One more thing: does the current Beta have stones to evolve Eevee with? And if so, where would I find them?

You've patched the wrong Emerald ROM. The NUPS incompatibility error should not be ignored; it is there to prevent these issues.

Be sure to patch the TrashMan .ups file to a 1986 TrashMan Emerald ROM and you'll be good to go.

The current Beta doesn't have any stones but Beta 2 will defintely have them, my friend.

Hope you enjoy the game!

I'm really liking the game so far but the music is too loud, I can hardly hear the sound effects

I think you're the same person from Discord who we helped! But if anyone else is experiencing this, be sure to use OpenAL settings in VBA-M (restart the emulator after any saved changes).
Advertiser Content