• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
My mom told me I need a Twitter to get a job. I was like "..."

There is some truth in this. A lot of employers will be put off by a lack of a social media presence in a candidate, and for some it can be even more off-putting than a poor social-media presence. No matter if it's legal for them to do so or not.

It's something that I've found very annoying while searching for a job. I don't have a very strong social media presence at all.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
You know... some employers demands that you add them on your friend's list and some might even go to the length of asking your PASSWORD.

I'm talking about Facebook, btw.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Personally, I don't mind having to have to add your co worker or boss on Facebook. At least, the idea of it anyway. I don't do anything stupid on Facebook, so no harm could be done.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yes but when they ask you for tadd them on their contact list or give them your Facebook password anyways you'll get fired or not hired.. that's way too much.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't see the harm in it, honestly. >_> The only times I've been trolled were by some bored teenager that just was acting like an idiot. If anything, it made my day better because it was quite funny. I'm not "mean" to people when I troll- it's just to get on their nerves or have some fun.

The point of trolling is pissing people off. If that's not your goal then you're not trolling, you're doing something else entirely.

Although getting on someone's nerves gives them negative feelings. It's really selfish to say "it's fun for me, so I don't care about someone else's negative feelings that I'm actively causing." Can't you find fun without making other people feel angry or bad? :/

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, sorry about being harsh Slender, I just have very, very strong opinions on people that enjoy harming other people for fun, lol. Mental and emotional harm is just as real as physical harm.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Edit-
Perhaps I should better explain. I'm not "harming" anyone- just getting on their nerves. If someone seems too ticked off, I stop. I don't "troll" the way other people do.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
How do you identify the line between "getting on someone's nerves" and getting someone "ticked off"? To me, those are identical. Getting on someone's nerves = annoying them = ticking them off. Is getting on their nerves not a negative feeling in your definition?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
How do you identify the line between "getting on someone's nerves" and getting someone "ticked off"? To me, those are identical. Getting on someone's nerves = annoying them = ticking them off. Is getting on their nerves not a negative feeling in your definition?

Getting on someone's nerves means you're annoying them. Ticking someone off means you've made them angry. At least, that's the distinction I've always made.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Getting on someone's nerves means you're annoying them. Ticking someone off means you've made them angry. At least, that's the distinction I've always made.

I guess. I just don't make much of a distinction because annoyance is still a negative emotion. And if I knew someone was trying to annoy me for their own kicks, I would be really pissed off and hurt if they were my friend. That's why I just can't understand it. Where's the empathy for other people?

Although I guess slightly sadistic people always existed, they just didn't have such a wide audience as they do now on the internet.

Crux

Evermore
Years
@LilJz1234:
Yeah! *highfive*

As for the trolling thing...
If you're getting angry about something that some random guy/girl/other/itsatrap said on the internet then you are taking yourself way to seriously.
I enjoy trolls/trolling it's meant to be irritating, abnoxious, and ridiculous.

Nihilego

Years
I guess. I just don't make much of a distinction because annoyance is still a negative emotion. And if I knew someone was trying to annoy me for their own kicks, I would be really pissed off and hurt if they were my friend. That's why I just can't understand it. Where's the empathy for other people?

Although I guess slightly sadistic people always existed, they just didn't have such a wide audience as they do now on the internet.

Lol, I read this and for a second I was like "what in the world is she on about" then scrolled up and ohhhh. I'd not seen the whole trolling discussion before now. Yeah - neither annoying nor making people angry on purpose is alright, online or offline.

LilJz1234 said:
You know... some employers demands that you add them on your friend's list and some might even go to the length of asking your PASSWORD.

I'm talking about Facebook, btw.

I... what. Where've ya seen this happening? @__@

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Irritating them is just, well, irritating them. Which, to me, is a momentary thing that doesn't last after I've stopped. Ticking them off is more like something that would stick around and mess up their day.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm not good at wording things, obviously. >_>

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
RL I thought you were going to rein me in for being too harsh and I was all set up to say

Qij5a.gif

Sorry little bear

THEN YOU DIDN'T

Nihilego

Years
Ahahaha sorry to disappoint ba

Slenderman said:
Irritating them is just, well, irritating them. Which, to me, is a momentary thing that doesn't last after I've stopped. Ticking them off is more like something that would stick around and mess up their day.

Someone being irritated definitely isn't as bad as someone being angry and definitely doesn't last as long or hurt as much, I'll give ya that. Don't see why that makes irritating people deliberately alright, though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I wouldn't walk around giving people papercuts just because those are generally forgotten about fairly quickly, as opposed to punches in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back