• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problem Solving: Pokémon Style!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
This was a really fun game that sadly hasn't been active in years, so it's time to breathe some life into it again! Kudos to Sopheria for originally coming up with this awesome idea! :D

How to Play

• The person above you will describe a problem. This can be an ordinary real-world problem, or it can be something sillier than you can imagine!
  • Your task is to tell us how the above problem can be solved — but remember, your solution must somehow involve the use of a Pokémon (or a Pokémon-related item).
  • After describing your solution, you will then give a brand new problem for the next person to solve.

Here are a few quick examples to help you picture the flow of the game:

Example:
Person 1
There's something you reeeeeally want to purchase, but you don't have enough money!

Person 2
No big deal! I'll just have my Meowth use Pay Day! My wallet will fill up in no time. :D
Look out! That Electrode is about to explode in the middle of the park!

Person 3
Stunfisk, please distract that Electrode with your derpy faces! Now everyone can run away before it's too late!
Oh, no... I have a huge exam tomorrow, but I didn't study for it! Will a Pokémon be able to help me pass it?

Person 4
Of course! Alakazam can psychically communicate the answers to you (just don't let the teacher find out).
It's 4:00 AM, and you still can't sleep... What now?

And so on!

Have fun with this, everyone! It never hurts to be goofy or creative! ;)

Anyway, I'll start us off! Let's pick up from that last example. shall we?
It's 4:00 AM, and you still can't sleep... What now?

Years
Tell your Gengar to use Hypnosis on you.

My bus is leaving in 10 minutes, but I'm still at home, 20 minutes from the bus stop and won't make it. I think I'll have to wait for the next one, which is tomorrow...

Years
No problem, your Abra will take you wherever you need to go! Abra use teleport ^_^

I have this beautiful set of pokedolls, but somebody put a curse on them and told me they will be evil. I don't know how to break the spell...

Meadow

Years
Wow, shame on that person! Who could possibly think of doing such a horrible thing?! Let Arceus cast Judgment upon the vile soul who ruined your dolls! >:( Wait a minute, that person was... NOOO!

It's wayyy too hot outside! Make this heat go away... D:

Years
Come on let's call Mirror B! It's time to dance bro! You are surrounded Ludicolo who are ready to jam. Lets all dance together and watch the Ludicolo whirl into the move rain dance, cooling the whole town off. Say goodbye to the heat.

Gawd, *runs fingers through hair* I need to do something with these curls, so many tangles, the frizz factor, the dryness. I need a whole new look. But what Pokemon could help me out?

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Ah, that'd be Kyogre, making it drizzle again! Here's a Masterball to catch him with; that'll stop the rain!

Now if only there was a Pokemon to handle all my household chores...

Last edited:
Years
*A knock of your door* Mr Mime: MIIIIIME! *holding up vacuum cleaner* There is also a truck outside of your door driven by Chansey with a sign that reads: Pokemon Cleaning Services.
*Mr. Mime hands you a business card with all of the different Rotom appliance forms on the card*

I need a Pokemon to get rid of my annoying neighbors.

Hyzenthlay

Years
Host a screaming contest at your house and make sure to invite plenty of Exploud!

So Bianca's got this secret crush on Cheren, but she's too shy to do anything about it! I wonder if a Pokemon can bring these two together...?

Years
Host a screaming contest at your house and make sure to invite plenty of Exploud!

The trouble is that's what my neighbors do! That's why I want them to get away from my block!

Anyway we could talk to Vileplume ask for a bit of its essence, and brew up a love potion with a savory, sensuous smell and slip it into Cheren's drink, and make him dream of Bianca.

Now for me. The lottery in my state is over 200 million dollars now. What Pokemon could help me win that money? I could really use it to help my family.

Hyzenthlay

Years
Seek Xatu! He knows the way.
Spoiler:

There are too many Pokemon I like, I can't fit them all in my team! What do I do?

Meadow

Years
Ah, there are two ways to go about this! Jirachi can cast Lucky Chant to increase your hopes of winning, or alternatively, Porygon-Z can simply just hack into their systems and make you win. ;)
r.i.p. me ;__;

Piece of cake! Hoopa can definitely help you out. He's the master of illegally summoning hordes of Pokémon at the same time. :D

Oh, no! That Magikarp is... drowning?

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
Looks like a job for Chatot! This guy will use Work Up to make sure you become super motivated to speak in front of large crowds. And if you're not motivated... he'll scream at you with his Hyper Voice until you've had enough of it! That's gotta make you forget what anxiety feels like. ;)

Aww, snap... My refrigerator stopped working. ;__;

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Well you could use a fridge Rotom for that!

All right...I lost my penicl sharpener. Some help here?

Years
My Staraptor that knows Fly will take you to the shop with pencil sharpeners.

Okay, I'm on the beach, but my surfing board is broken.

Meadow

Years
Pikachu is willing to let you surf on him! He makes a pretty good surfboard, despite his tiny appearance!

Not good! That Pachirisu just ate a Tiny Mushroom, and now the little guy is going completely out of control! :o

Years
I have a friend who can help with that. Pacharisu will feel calm and ready for a nap soon. Oh by the way, you might not want to leave any markers close by. *Wild jigglypuff used sing!*

I need a good pain killer, nothing over-the-counter will do. I need something strong.

Meadow

Years
Don't freak out on this one, but Skorupi's Twineedle is actually perfect for the job! It can numb out your pain for at least another three years!

Someone just stole the only Master Ball from Professor Elm's lab... D:

Back