Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Draconius GO

Old February 18th, 2012 (8:47 AM).
Frasier says it best

Nature: Relaxed
    Is there anything about HGSS that you DIDN'T like? For example, things you didn't like from the original G/S/C that were transferred over; things that you did like from G/S/C that weren't transferred over; just things in general that bug you to no end!

I love the games (they're probably my favourites out of all the ones I've played) but the Safari Zone really annoys me. The old iterations I never really 'liked' but at least understood; this one, while having the awesome feature to rotate the areas around, complicates matters to catch rarer critters by making you plant stuff and wait x amount of days and the first time I encountered it I just wanted to tear my hair out! It's great how it has such a variety of Pokemon, I just wish it was slightly less convoluted in allowing people to obtain more of them! :D

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 18th, 2012 (8:58 AM).
    キリンリキ

These games are so hard to dislike; .-.
      Although I do agree on the Safari Zone matter ~ I've never understood the complicated method of re-arranging things in it!
      Old February 18th, 2012 (9:30 AM).
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Serious
      I don't like the Safari Zone, and I don't like the movesets (too few pokes can learn Flash). Otherwise, these were almost the best Pokémon games ever made, second to FireRed and LeafGreen.
      Old February 18th, 2012 (1:48 PM).

Nature: Careful
        HG and SS were my least favorite Pokemon games in a long time. I hated, hated, hated the PokeAthlon and thought it was a terrible replacement for the Contests in Gen 3 and 4 that should have been included in HG and SS. The "plot" was awful, and should have had a major overhaul from GSC. Instead it was just a tiny update. There was no where to grind for the E4 or anything after (Victory Road is a joke). Early game Pokemon were still incredibly weak and virtually unsuable after a certain point.

Admittedly, I think I'm so hard on these games because I was a GSC kid. I really expected these games to blow my mind by combining the nostalgia of Gen 2 with the epic scale and fun of later Generations, but instead all I got was GSC with better graphics and an awful gimmick called the PokeAthlon. Also the Safari Zone was dumb and needlessly complicated.
        Old February 18th, 2012 (1:59 PM).

Well the PokeGear system was rather dated seeing how often I had to tweak the time on my DS to get a specific rematch which strangely enough screwed my chances of ever getting Blue's number now. That and getting Pokes such as Weavile and Garchomp in-game without trading was next to impossible for me anyways. Oh yeah and the Game Corner sucks donkey balls due to buying coins not being included in there for some odd reason. Besides from that HG/SS was pretty decent.
          Old February 18th, 2012 (2:09 PM).
          On that 'Non stop road'
          • Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
          Several things I didn't like, with the first two being the most egregious faults.

*Red's team is still incredibly weak. Thunderstone, or better yet Jolteon or Ampharos would be helpful. So would only having one Water-type.
          *Leaf appears nowhere in game. No option to have her replace Red. Girl champions need love too...
          *Mt. Silver now involves using the pathetic Rock Climb HM. It's the reason I only went up there to beat Red once.
          *Can't delete Pokegear numbers. Had to start over and remind myself to tell Joey "NO!"
          *Can't buy coins directly at Game Corner anymore. Hence getting TM13 and TM24 was made a thousand times more difficult.
          *TR Executives were woefully weak. C'mon, Archer at least needed 4-5 Pokemon, fully evolved, with better diversity and movesets. Higher levels wouldn't hurt either.
          *Safari Zone so confusing I didn't even try it. At the end of the day, it's still the old Rock/Bait system anyway regardless of the number of bells and whistles they put on it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
          PC Vital Stats
          * Pair
          * PC Family
          * Bishies
          * VG Claims
          * Friend Codes
          Links
          * Blog
          * Web Site
          * Fan Fictions:
          * Leaf Green LP
          Old February 18th, 2012 (2:13 PM).
          cobra pokemon

Well I can find little to critisise but I really missed the vs. seaker. I don't want to wait around for someone to call me. That and not being able to evolve Magniton

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
            Ekans-Arbok
            Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
            Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
            Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
            Tentacool-Tentacruel
            Old February 19th, 2012 (5:08 PM).
            Dedicated

Nature: Adamant
              I didn't like how 'unstable' the Pokéwalker ended up. My younger brother lost my shiny Charizard, back when that actually meant something to me.
              Old February 19th, 2012 (5:35 PM).
              shake that booty
              • Administrator
              • Social Media
              • PokéCommunity Daily
              • Discord Moderoid

Nature: Jolly
              ^ Guess you got some bad luck; mine's been pretty stable and I've heard many a tale of it surviving being dropped in the toilet, washing machine adventures, etc.

Pseudo rival wasn't that interesting imo. I wouldn't delete pokegear numbers myself as I personally didn't mind that but mum does call all too often about berries and can see why other people would want that. Lack of odd-egg was slightly disappointing but I liked the safari zone in hgss personally.
              Old February 19th, 2012 (5:37 PM).
              আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে

Nature: Bold
                I, personally, loving Slot Machines, was very angry with the Voltorb abomination. I mean, seriously... -__- "IS THIS WHAT YOU WERE EXPECTING" I'd love to have you expect a hyper beam to the face old man. I spent so much time in the Game Center when I could play my slots, and not lose any money.

I also didn't like the Safari Zone. I mean... it's so complicated...and no Pokemon trainer will EVER waste their time interior (well, exterior) designing...

Dead★Master

Old February 19th, 2012 (5:46 PM).
                shake that booty
                • Administrator
                • Social Media
                • PokéCommunity Daily
                • Discord Moderoid

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nagaraja View Post
                I, personally, loving Slot Machines, was very angry with the Voltorb abomination. I mean, seriously... -__- "IS THIS WHAT YOU WERE EXPECTING" I'd love to have you expect a hyper beam to the face old man. I spent so much time in the Game Center when I could play my slots, and not lose any money.
                You can blame european laws of the anti-gambling variety and game rating people who would have given HGSS a far higher game rating (and hence affect sales) had they left the slots in. I like Voltorb flip myself but was also a fan of the slots, having tried them out in the japanese version.
                Quote:
                I also didn't like the Safari Zone. I mean... it's so complicated...and no Pokemon trainer will EVER waste their time interior (well, exterior) designing...
                I and other people would beg to differ on 'no way they would waste time on it'. =p (And well, I also did the decorating parts in other games too, ala RSE secret bases).
                Old February 19th, 2012 (5:49 PM).
                九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind

The only minute issue I had with HG/SS was the Safari Zone being a bit of a bother. Aside from that, those games were essentially perfect in my eyes.
                  Old February 19th, 2012 (6:04 PM).
                  আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে

Nature: Bold
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
                    You can blame european laws of the anti-gambling variety and game rating people who would have given HGSS a far higher game rating (and hence affect sales) had they left the slots in. I like Voltorb flip myself but was also a fan of the slots, having tried them out in the japanese version.
                    I and other people would beg to differ on 'no way they would waste time on it'. =p (And well, I also did the decorating parts in other games too, ala RSE secret bases).
                    That actually makes a LOT of sense. I had forgotten about the Gambling Law. *sigh* and it wouldn't be good for sales with a higher rating, seeing as how it appeals to both young and old.

I loved the Secret Base.... I just didn't really like the fact that I had to design to find certain pokemon. When I'm in the Safari Zone, I like to run about like a giant infant and catch as much as I can and get out. XD

Dead★Master

Old February 19th, 2012 (6:30 PM).
                    shake that booty
                    • Administrator
                    • Social Media
                    • PokéCommunity Daily
                    • Discord Moderoid

Quote:
                    That actually makes a LOT of sense. I had forgotten about the Gambling Law. *sigh* and it wouldn't be good for sales with a higher rating, seeing as how it appeals to both young and old.

I loved the Secret Base.... I just didn't really like the fact that I had to design to find certain pokemon. When I'm in the Safari Zone, I like to run about like a giant infant and catch as much as I can and get out. XD
                    It's also why there were no slots for most european versions with Platinum. At least unlike in that game we got an actual replacement game for HGSS.

Each to their own I suppose, haha.
                    Old February 19th, 2012 (6:33 PM).
                    • Platinum Tier

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
                    Several things I didn't like, with the first two being the most egregious faults.

*Red's team is still incredibly weak. Thunderstone, or better yet Jolteon or Ampharos would be helpful. So would only having one Water-type.
                    *Leaf appears nowhere in game. No option to have her replace Red. Girl champions need love too...
                    *Mt. Silver now involves using the pathetic Rock Climb HM. It's the reason I only went up there to beat Red once.
                    *Can't delete Pokegear numbers. Had to start over and remind myself to tell Joey "NO!"
                    *Can't buy coins directly at Game Corner anymore. Hence getting TM13 and TM24 was made a thousand times more difficult.
                    *TR Executives were woefully weak. C'mon, Archer at least needed 4-5 Pokemon, fully evolved, with better diversity and movesets. Higher levels wouldn't hurt either.
                    *Safari Zone so confusing I didn't even try it. At the end of the day, it's still the old Rock/Bait system anyway regardless of the number of bells and whistles they put on it.
                    Yeah, I have to agree with what you said.

Voltorb Flip was a disappointment, cos you can't directly buy coins. I was really pissed at that. Damn you Gambling Laws!

The Trainers were also too weak, so were the wild Pokemon.

Safari Zone was also too complex.
                    Old February 26th, 2012 (1:15 PM).
                    Long-Time Lurker

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PlayingAmongStars View Post
                      HG and SS were my least favorite Pokemon games in a long time. I hated, hated, hated the PokeAthlon and thought it was a terrible replacement for the Contests in Gen 3 and 4 that should have been included in HG and SS. The "plot" was awful, and should have had a major overhaul from GSC. Instead it was just a tiny update. There was no where to grind for the E4 or anything after (Victory Road is a joke). Early game Pokemon were still incredibly weak and virtually unsuable after a certain point.

Admittedly, I think I'm so hard on these games because I was a GSC kid. I really expected these games to blow my mind by combining the nostalgia of Gen 2 with the epic scale and fun of later Generations, but instead all I got was GSC with better graphics and an awful gimmick called the PokeAthlon. Also the Safari Zone was dumb and needlessly complicated.
                      That's odd... My first Pokemon game EVER was Gold, and I am absolutely loving HG/SS (just found my copy and dumped it onto my laptop since my DS is fried). I mean, it is a remake, not a new game based off an old one. GSC had no areas to level grind before the Elite Four, had no contests or activities at all, and had no Safari Zone. I'll admit they overcomplicated a good system by adding in the time aspect for rare Pokemon, but overall I think Nintendo got HG/SS completely right.

Quote:

I swear I had an eye twitch reading this. Not trying to flame, just explain as best I can...

*It's a remake. While some trainers did get substantially stronger (a la Falkner), the Red battle was perfect, IMO. His team was fine. It's how it was structured in the originals, and how it was meant to be structured. His Pikachu was still the strongest Pokemon you ever fight period... Who cares if it didn't get evolved? He just didn't want to evolve it is all.

*Can't change canon. Leaf never existed for GSC. Red is the ultimate Champion, and you can't write him out to be a different gender in the interest of fairness. He is a he because that's the way Nintendo wrote the games (both GSC and HG/SS).

*Rock Climb is more powerful than Strength. My Zoom Lens'd Slaking didn't have a problem with it.

*Absolutely agree on this point. It's dumb that you can't delete, though I forget if you could in the originals or not.

*I would be more concerned about this, but then again, I play this on DeSmuME now, which has built in AR support, so I'm neutral.

*It makes more sense that they would be weaker, actually. They just got absolutely swamped by Red three years previously, their leader is in hiding, and the best they can come up with is occupying a building with one entrance and one exit in a city reachable in about an hour's time from the Indigo Plateau. They were desperate, and they couldn't wait any longer to train up. That's how I see it, anyways. That's how I rationalized it in GSC as well.

*I agree that it's confusing and the time aspect was unnecessary, but at least they tried something different than just doing the same old system.

I don't mean to sound rude in any of this, by the way.
                      Old February 26th, 2012 (4:24 PM).
                      shake that booty
                      • Administrator
                      • Social Media
                      • PokéCommunity Daily
                      • Discord Moderoid

Quote:
                      *Absolutely agree on this point. It's dumb that you can't delete, though I forget if you could in the originals or not.
                      You could delete phone numbers in GSC. Mind you you could only hold ten numbers in GSC as well - in HGSS it just stores them all.
                      Old February 26th, 2012 (4:31 PM). Edited February 27th, 2012 by Legobricks.

Nature: Serious
                        • Can't buy game coins.
                        • Need to use Rock Climb to ascend Mt Silver.
                        • Safari Zone delays before new monsters appear are far too long.
                        • Too few trainers with too few monsters; player is liable to become underleveled.
                        • Frivilously specific timings for rematches.
                        • Mother doesn't buy PokeDolls.
                        • Mother calls too often about things she does buy.
                        • Monster sprites aren't animated per pixel like they were in Crystal (and to date only Crystal).
                        • Female protagonist changed for the worse.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by PlayingAmongStars View Post
                        Early game Pokemon were still incredibly weak and virtually unsuable after a certain point.
                        My MVP when I beat Red was a twenty-levels-under Sassy Pidgeot; I've used Fearow heavily in Fire Red's Sevii Islands, and currently have a nice Furret on White.
                        Also Ampharos, Crobat, Jumpluff, Quagsire and Victreebel are all perfectly usable, with their base forms found in the vicinity of Violet City.
                        Old February 26th, 2012 (4:41 PM).
                        Elite Overlord LeSabre™ Elite Overlord LeSabre™ is offline
                        On that 'Non stop road'
                        • Gold Tier

Oh, how do I explain this?

1. At least in GSC he had a varied team. This time around he inexplicably has TWO Water-types, which means my Ampharos obliterated half his team. Of course Alder in B/W is even worse regarding this matter in what is supposed to be a type diverse team, but still... And not evolving the rat basically meant a free kill for me and reduced him down to five decent Pokemon versus my six. I see no other champion in the game series who didn't choose to evolve ALL of their Pokemon. And they provided a much more satisfying challenge as a result. And actually felt like Champions instead of a glorified Youngster.

2. So how does FR/LG fit into "canon?"
                        Even so, I find it hard to say the Johto games are even based on the events of the original R/B. Let's assume for a minute that the events in the games are based off the events in R/B and not FR/LG. How then, can it be explained that my character in Blue was named "Chaos" and used Electrode and Nidoqueen among his team?

Now granted, I don't know if there would be any way to transfer your team data back in those days, and it would make sense to have to use a default character (Red) if the technology didn't exist back then. I do know that the two generations could communicate with each other (Time Capsule). But to what extent besides trading could have been possible I don't know.

But certainly that capability was in place by 3rd gen (Secret Base battles) where the game could read the team data from another game and set up an opponent with that team. There is no excuse why the DS Dual Slot could not have been used to read your FR/LG cartridge and insert that character in Mount Silver. They could have kept Red around as the default for those without FR/LG or a DSi without the dual slot, or for nostalgia buffs/Red fans. But not giving the option to use your FR/LG data as the final boss is due to either laziness or bias. I'm tending toward the latter since Leaf (and females in general) have always gotten the short end of the stick in Pokemon.

And all of the above makes me wonder how B/W 2 are going to be handled. If Hilbert/Hilda make an appearance are they gonna get default teams like Red or are you going to be able to send over your B/W data to generate their team?

Plus there were all the hints in the Rocket Warehouse linking FR/LG and the Johto games. Like the computer reports on brainwaves and evolution. And the Admins having similar teams to their Johto counterparts. And the allusion that Silver is Giovanni's kid, confirmed in the Celebi event. None of which were even mentioned in R/B/Y.

If Red was just the kid on Mt. Silver I wouldn't even take offense to it. I could have accepted that my character moved on and no longer served as Champion and Red was the "best" replacement they could muster. But it's all the NPC characters saying that HE broke up TR, basically saying that my character's crime-fighting exploits in Blue and Leaf Green went unnoticed/credited to someone else. And worse, credited to someone with a significantly weaker team than my own in-game team (and one certainly not worthy of being called an ultimate anything). I took offense to having my character's efforts not being recognized in the future.

Why does my favorite character in all of Pokemon always get so much hate? :/

3. Fully powered up Return pwns both. And it's the fact that I had to waste a moveslot AND constantly use the move in the field that annoyed me to no end. I don't particularly like Strength either.

4. The originals, you could delete but you only had slots for 10 numbers. Still I had to restart mine because of Joey.

5. Not all of us have that luxury. I actually traded those TM's over from Platinum so it wasn't that big a deal for me.

6. They had three years. If your character can get their team up to levels to topple the champion in a matter of a few months (if not shorter), then surely they could have mustered Lv37-40 given three years. And gotten their hands on some decent TM's and perhaps Rare Candy as well. One would think they would have used all that time underground to make sure they wouldn't make the mistakes of the past. Carefully planning. Training rigorously. And then, only once they've fully prepared, resurface. But apparently not. Apparently they spent most of those three years moping around/watching reality TV/playing Warcraft and only cobbled together a makeshift plan at the last minute.

7. I just wish you could battle/capture Pokemon normally in that place. That alone would make it much more tolerable.

Of course, not to sound rude or anything...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
                        PC Vital Stats
                        * Pair
                        * PC Family
                        * Bishies
                        * VG Claims
                        * Friend Codes
                        Links
                        * Blog
                        * Web Site
                        * Fan Fictions:
                        * Leaf Green LP
                        Old February 26th, 2012 (5:20 PM).
                        i'm a shapeshifter
                        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
                        - Can't buy coins/Voltorb Flip
                        - "Level problem" wasn't addressed as much as it should have been
                        - Red's team...
                        - Specific rematch times

...Thaaaat's about it. I really enjoyed HGSS and think they were fantastic remakes when compared to FRLG. The coins aren't too big of an issue with me, as I have 99 of all gen IV TMs in my Diamond lol. :( /shame shame! Levels are blah. I grind a lot anyway, so it wasn't a problem much either. Red's team...wasn't that hard in GSC anyway, but they could have at least improved it. And the rematch times, I know gym leaders have a life and all, but we're actual human beings. We have more of a life than them. So I'm not getting up at the crack of dawn to get Pryce's number and call whoever to rematch them. And I don't feel like messing with my clock for that either.

Other than that though, like I said, I really enjoyed HGSS. And I want that follow me feature in B2W2!

challenges | klippy
                        Old February 26th, 2012 (6:57 PM).
                        the spirit of the fighter
                        • Platinum Tier
                        • Developer

Nature: Brave
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Bayrock View Post
                        I didn't like how 'unstable' the Pokéwalker ended up. My younger brother lost my shiny Charizard, back when that actually meant something to me. :paranoid:
                        You can recover a Pokemon if you loose or damage the PokeWalker, you know that right?
                        Quote:
                        OMGOMGOMG thank you. I hate the Voltorb Flip. I wanted to try it when my friend gave me his spare copy of Soul Silver for a gift, and when I tried it, I was utterly disappointed. I'll stick to my Japanese Heart Gold for now.

I also have a disliking for the Safari Zone because it's more oriented around strategy and I find that annoying. I want something that is straightforward and makes me just walk around in grass until I find what I want.

As well, the (in)ability to delete numbers I dislike as well. I liked where in GSC, you had a limit of 10 numbers and it was hard to decide who you wanted of all the important people. Now, you can store all numbers of all the trainers in the region, but you can't get rid of them if they start to annoy you. And Lyra gets annoying after a while. gah
                        Old February 26th, 2012 (7:40 PM).

Nature: Calm
                          Quote:
                          Oh, how do I explain this?

1. At least in GSC he had a varied team. This time around he inexplicably has TWO Water-types, which means my Ampharos obliterated half his team. Of course Alder in B/W is even worse regarding this matter in what is supposed to be a type diverse team, but still... And not evolving the rat basically meant a free kill for me and reduced him down to five decent Pokemon versus my six. I see no other champion in the game series who didn't choose to evolve ALL of their Pokemon. And they provided a much more satisfying challenge as a result. And actually felt like Champions instead of a glorified Youngster.

2. So how does FR/LG fit into "canon?"
                          Even so, I find it hard to say the Johto games are even based on the events of the original R/B. Let's assume for a minute that the events in the games are based off the events in R/B and not FR/LG. How then, can it be explained that my character in Blue was named "Chaos" and used Electrode and Nidoqueen among his team?
                          It probably has something to do with R/B/Y rather than the remakes. In Yellow they give you Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle (the three starters could be from R/B/G as well). You need to defeat/catch Snorlax in Route 12/16 in order to advance and some Silph Co. employer gives you Lapras. So they are pkmn that any person that played R/B/Y would have. That could be a reason why Red has that team in particular. After all R/B/Y didn't have a female player character so I find it hard if you could replace Red for Leaf. They could have given her another role though...but not as the Ultimate Trainer. Because that's something that only one person achieved in R/B/Y.

Back to the main topic. Things I disliked about HG/SS:

-I can't buy coins.
                          -Safari Zone's difficult system.
                          -I can't customize My Room.
                          -They didn't bring back Crystal's female character. Instead there is Lyra who isn't even a trainer if I pick Gold. I find it weird since they put Suicune storyline.
                          -I couldn't evolve certain pkmn (Magneton->Magnezon, Eevee->Leafeon/Glaceon, Nosepass->Probopass).
                          -Gym Leaders schedules are too tight.
                          -Pokeathlon? it was ok but why they didn't put Pkmn Contests?
                          -I'm not sure but I found the Bug Catching Contest a bit strange...
                          Old March 17th, 2012 (5:25 AM).
                          Tetris God.

I for one am glad that they didn't have Pokemon Contests in HG/SS. It wasn't in the original, so why introduce it now? Admittedly, the Pokeathalon is a tad ridiculous, but I gotta say, I do find myself competing more often than I'd like to admit.
                            The important thing to remember is that the folks at Game Freak need to balance the features of the game - Some people love the idea of dressing your Pokemon up and taking a photo, and these people need to be pleased too.

I, along with all of the veteran Game Corner Gamblers, really do dislike the lack of Coin Slots. But it's all political correctness gone mad, isn't it? Voltorb Flip is alright, but once you've figured it out it is far too simple if you ask me. And it doesn't give enough coins, so trying to get enough to buy your prize is less challenging and more time consuming.

The reason Red has two water types is that he specifically has a team consisting of Pokemon that you can only get once during Pokemon Yellow. It doesn't make him less challenging to beat, especially if you play the game right and train all your team evenly. Lvl 88 is pretty damn hard to get to!

There was something strange about the Bug Catching Contest, but I can't really decide what. And yes, the Safari Zone is completely ridiculous. Just let me catch a Shinx, already!

I don't like Suicune's story. To me, it added nothing and I just found it incredibly frustrating. I like chasing the Dogs around Johto, and this really wasn't necessary.

Maybe you can't delete the phone numbers just in case you accidentally deleted a Gym Leader? I dunno. Just a theory.

The Kimono Girls was something I didn't really appreciate either, but I can't say it annoyed me too much. I suppose it did give them more purpose, which is always good.

All in all, it's still my favourite game. It has far less flaws than any other game since the original GSC.
                            // " "

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore.

Soul Silver Friend Code - 0518-8038-5103
                            Old March 17th, 2012 (5:56 AM).
                            Battle Subway Editor

Nature: Careful
                              I didn't like that Pokeathalon. It seemed useless and the Safari Zone was FAR too difficult to understand. Also, too many trainers with only very few on their roster. ALso the wild Pokemon were weak so it's very hard to grind. But specific rematch times? I didn't mind that because if you know what trainer/Gym Leader is available at whatever time, you can battle them as many times as desired until a specific time. That's why on Sunday nights, I call it the grinding night because I battled Blue like 30 times between 8 and 11:59 PM. My Pokemon grew very strong because of this and it was very fun to use them in the Pokemon league because you can also grind there, due to the E4 powering up and having 6 Pokemon each. I didn't like the idea that the only way to get Magnezone/Probopass/Leafeon/Glaceon is in DPPl.
                              Old March 17th, 2012 (6:11 AM).
                              Waiting.. In the Shadows..

Quote:
                                No option to have her replace Red. Girl champions need love too...
                                Cynthia has appeared in three consecutive games to date, I think they're getting a lot of love.
                                You can't replace Red, the beauty was, that he was the character you played in the previous game.

As for things I didn't like, just the enviroment.. it was really good, just some parts felt far too D/P.. Johto is it's own natural place.
                                It needed a bit more differentiation, and this really bugged me.

It's even small things like the Ilex forest shrine, which should be made of wood, but was just a copy of the Celestic Town shrine.

Quick Reply