• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Train Station Town "Has a Secret" ... Region / Location DLC?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
STOP - I know Aonuma said the series will not have [S-HIGHLIGHT]PAID DLC[/S-HIGHLIGHT] as long as he is director. So before you say that, know that that is not necessarily what this means.

While in Dendemille Town, Professor Sycamore tells you that this town "has a secret"... Another trainer in the region says something about his region, and then "you'll see it in due time" (this was previously misquoted as him mentioning Hoenn specifically, but he does not actually mention Hoenn by name).

This game has almost no after-game content. I have a feeling that this is because they are planning to add more content via DLC.

This is just my guess regarding this mysterious "secret".... Does anyone else have any idea?

Exoaria

such pokemon wow
Years
I just beat the game and I'm absolutely furious that there's nothing to do.
I've been wondering about this as well for the last two days, so I really damn hope so. It shouldn't be DLC though, it should just be a part of the game that I paid for.

Years
He doesn't mean the Prism Scale by any chance does he? That's the most valuable item I found in the town.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I just beat the game and I'm absolutely furious that there's nothing to do.
I've been wondering about this as well for the last two days, so I really damn hope so. It shouldn't be DLC though, it should just be a part of the game that I paid for.

As I said, DLC doesn't mean PAID DLC. They could very well offer new missions, islands etc. for free. Aonuma said there will be no Paid DLC.

Which town was this guy from another region in?

I forget. Honestly I can not remember which town is which and I'm too lazy to open up my 3DS. Google's no help either.

He doesn't mean the Prism Scale by any chance does he? That's the most valuable item I found in the town.

I sincerely hope not...

bluecat

just another day
Years
I think this is the guy they are talking about...

bjao7b.jpg

zoaq7c.jpg

blue

gucci
Years
A whole region DLC would be way too excessive and unstable. Just imagine how much data and programming would be needed for a whole region to be created into a DLC, and then downloaded into the games. I just really don't see it happening, as for the guy saying "You'll see it in due time" I'm not quite sure what he means but I wouldn't read too much into it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Yeah the fact that he said "you should see my region" makes me think DLC is out of the question. If he was just mentioning the town alone it would make sense. But an entire region?

I think it's just one of those they put in-game for upcoming games like the girl foreshadowing Munna.

Exoaria

such pokemon wow
Years
It could just be hinting the R/S/E remakes. A new region would certainly be wonderful, even if it was just a pseudo-region. However, the fact that there's an unused train station in that very town makes it plausible.
I'm in disagreement with some people here. I do think it's possible to read into what he's saying (why would Game Freak just 'add' that in without reason?) to say there could be more end-game content added. As per my recent thread, I'm quite displeased at the game's current state of post game content.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
just have to wait and see they could make a new Region for Free DLC the 3ds is can do dlc feature like clothes,new pokemon or new gym to fight

Nintendo product can make free dlc when there got from the sales pokemon x and Y.

when you start to pokemon x and Y it ask to install somthing on your SD card

Years
i think were gonna have an expansion for the game! kinda reminds me of WoW or Skyrim when I say expansion. :D hopefully it happens!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
i been search the net they say gamefreak dont want dlc for pokemon. But really we the people like see DLC from gamefreak. i bet people will pay for go to different regions.

or add more co-op area in the game. there some bad dlc from greed but we know gamefreak and nintendo hate being greed make a crappy game. when the nintendo make the game they make sure it good before sale it

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
I think it's more of a hint to the long awaited remakes of Ruby and Sapphire (crystal didn't get one so I doubt Emerald will either)
And maybe they've set up something to connect the two sets of games. The 3DS has a lot of capability, there could be an app or something in development having to do with it.
As for DLC/Expansion possibilities. It's not exactly out of the question, and even though such things could be time consuming...this is nintendo we're talking about. They could have very well already been working on it.
These games were designed for the many newcomers into the series, the new generation of gamers. That's why it was much easier and shorter. Although the dark plotline was a little much...
It wouldn't be hard either. They could use the update system to add in new content. Although there isn't an 'update data' option, it could be automatic. And there's always Mystery Gift events, there's probably plenty of little quests in the game, but they need items to unlock them which we'd get through Mystery Gift.
Right now they're working on Bank and Transfer, so let's wait it out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Maybe it refers to the next game in the set? I can't imagine an entire new region added on as DLC since this is a 3DS game, but I can imagine another game entirely (a supposed "Z," perhaps) that adds another region. That being said, if there was DLC I wouldn't complain.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They didn't really say that they weren't doing Paid DLC. They reconfirmed that there will be absolutely no DLC content for X and Y.

Nintendo reluctantly started offering for-pay downloadable content. However, the company is adamant customers shouldn't feel like they're buying an incomplete product. While Nintendo has developed interesting add-ons for their franchises, like Pikmin and Mario, its cash cow franchise, Pokemon, is resisting the idea. That includes the imminent releases of Pokemon X and Y.

"There's no download content or microtransaction content developed specifically for Pokémon X and Y," Game Freak director Junichi Masuda told VG247. "We've not come up with any ideas on that yet. I like the idea that Pokémon can be enjoyed with just one piece of software. You buy the game and it can be enjoyed just with that one software that you buy. That's a key point for Game Freak."

Of course, it's impossible to catch 'em all in any mainline Pokemon game without trading with other players. However, even with Masuda's reservations, Pokemon's collection-based gameplay would seem to lend itself to selling DLC-based monsters.

There won't be any DLC at all. What we have is what we get. Only things we can get now are the undiscovered event items and Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
They didn't really say that they weren't doing Paid DLC. They reconfirmed that there will be absolutely no DLC content for X and Y.

There won't be any DLC at all. What we have is what we get. Only things we can get now are the undiscovered event items and Pokemon.

i still pay for new area. i know gamefreak not money milker but fan of pokemon would like some dlc in future make the game more fun

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
We would like, but Gamefreak does not approve of the idea. With both directors adamantly against DLC for the Pokemon titles, we're not getting any anytime soon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024

But think about DLC not in the traditional sense but in the Pokémon sense. Remember the DPP event Arceus that unlocked the Sinjoh Ruins? The HGSS Celebi that allowed you to view an event with Silver, and then battle Giovanni? All those tickets that I can't even begin to name from gen 3 that gave you access to small islands, and others that unlocked small areas in gen 4? Game Freak has included event-only locations in the past; of course, an entire region can't (or, to word it better, shouldn't) be event-only, but there's always a possibility that small locations are hidden away in the game to be later unlocked by an event. And I can definitely see small locations related to such "secrets" being unlocked by events; actually, I think that would be quite fun, too!

Back