• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Crimson Skies (AUGUST 2016 DEMO 2.0, 30 HOURS LONG AND 7 GYMS)

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2021
Where can i find dratini or horsea? Need to breed a dragon dance tootdile. Is it normal for full grown Pokemon to hatch from eggs?

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates recently. I had stopped working on the game for a while to pursue other hobbies and interests. But now I am working on the game again. I've made some new areas and I'm planning to add Gen 7 Pokemon to the game along with Alolan Forms. I'm also planning to add some Gen7 Music to the game and replacing some existing tracks as well.

I have found that the Gen 7 lore fits very well into the story of my game as well. You will all hopefully be seeing some very cool things soon.

Last edited:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates recently. I had stopped working on the game for a while to pursue other hobbies and interests. But now I am working on the game again. I've made some new areas and I'm planning to add Gen 7 Pokemon to the game along with Alolan Forms. I'm also planning to add some Gen7 Music to the game and replacing some existing tracks as well.

I have found that the Gen 7 lore fits very well into the story of my game as well. You will all hopefully be seeing some very cool things soon.

Good to see you coming back, you should probably update the thread screenshots though, photobucket kind'a removes them after a while.
Looking forward to a new update and if you need any spriting help, I would be happy to help!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
I just downloaded it,it looks incredibly good. But, for some reason it's laggy from time to time while walking and during conversations, am I the only one with that problem?

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
I keep getting an error the moment I start the game
Script 'PScreen_options' line 349: NoMethodError

Attachments

• 20180725_182456.jpg
    20180725_182456.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 6
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
where can i find the mega stone for gyarados cant find it and is skorupi in game ? :P

love your work

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
This message is from a battle i had with a Npc's Drapion. I could attack with my qyarados and in my enemy's turn it just show me this message and continued with my move

---------------------------
Pokemon Crimson Skies
Exception: TypeError

PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:644:in `[]'

PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:644:in `pbTooHigh?'

PokeBattle_AI:2643:in `pbGetMoveScore'

PokeBattle_AI:3885:in `pbChooseMoves'

PokeBattle_AI:3883:in `each'

PokeBattle_AI:3883:in `pbChooseMoves'

PokeBattle_AI:4315:in `pbDefaultChooseEnemyCommand'

PokeBattle_Scene:2779:in `pbChooseEnemyCommand'

PokeBattle_Battle:2641:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

PokeBattle_Battle:2636:in `each'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Chris\Saved Games/Pokemon Crimson Skies/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
??

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 14, 2019
Please guys can you help me finding:

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Calm Mind

Also is there any new update :( I love this game

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 24, 2023
I understand making the game a challenge, But this game is really just unbalanced. And the distance of which you battle gym from gym and the levels of the pokemon in the grass, making grinding tedious and unyielding

Please upgrade the exp share to the VII Gen mechanic where your pokemon all gain experience

Last edited by a moderator:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Just wanted to know if this is still going?

Honestly, the game isn't far from done but I just haven't had any motivation to work on it the past few years. I think I took too much on myself, hoping that I could add all Pokemon up to Gen 7 to the game, and now Gen 8 is out. I don't even think most of the Gen 7 abilities/moves have been coded yet, but I could be wrong as I haven't looked much into it recently. Also I have a lack of spriters than can help me make graphics, I tried spriting myself but I'm only good at recolors.

I would like to finish the game some day, but for now I have no motivation, and I am unsure of what direction to take the game. Should I just severely reduce the amount of Pokemon in the game (Maybe bring the dex to 400ish Pokemon) so that I can reasonably get them all in the game? Should I just give Pokemon different moves/abilities than their originals if the move/ability isn't coded yet? I have a lot of thinking to do.

All in all, I would probably be more motivated to try and finish the game if I had a spriter to help, so if you are a good spriter feel free to PM me your Discord tag. I'm really thinking that reducing the Dex down to 400ish Pokemon would make finishing the game a lot easier as well, and make the game feel a lot cleaner, although I did like my original plan to keep all the Pokemon in the game it is just too much of a task.

I do plan to try and finish this game at some point, but I have a lot of decisions to make for the game still. I could also use the help of story writers and idealists who are interested in helping. If anyone wants to help in anyway, feel free to PM me your Discord tag.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2022
The plot can either make or break a game, just as much as graphics or special features.
1) As a suggestion, authors often use words with a..................less mundane connotation than "item" to describe objects of great power. this is done to increase the prestige and mystique of the said objects. When I read the term "crimson items", I didn't really get that sense of wonder and fascination that I would associate with powerful objects. I personally would replace the term "item" with a a roughly equivalent term of greater sophistication. As suggestion would be something like terms like relics, instruments, keys, etc.

2) When you told the king about the plans of the evil team, i expected him to a least take some sort of precautions instead of just sitting there and waiting for you to save he day. It seems implausible that a good leader would not, upon being told that some criminals were after some powerful artifacts and knew where they were, beef up security around those items our better yet, have them moved.

3) back to the king, im not sure if it was by design, but he is one of the weakest, most indecisive leaders ive ever seen. What king of ruler lives n a sea-side capitol and doesnt keep around several boats and pokemon capable of using surf? And why pin your hopes on the MC (an admittedly tested but relatively green trainer) when you, the ruler of a country, have vast resources and presumably veteran trainers?

4) the routes are painfully long despite the nurse joys/equivalents and all trainers are strategically positioned to be unavoidable. sometimes im half dead and i dont want to battle u right now

Last edited:
Back