• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
New post, new pack. This time is about HG/SS Items. As usual, available in both original and transparent form.
Credits appreciated.

- Mirror 1 / Megaupload
- Mirror 2 / MediaFire

EDIT: I've noticed the palettes for the Rm 1-6 keys and Old Sea Map were messed up. Fixed. Also, added the Storage Key.
EDIT2: Fixed broken link. Added a second mirror.

Last edited:

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Super FG Rombase!

I am basically posting up my Wesley FG rombase. It is currently still in the development stages, but it has enough tiles to get a decent hack started.

I will be posting updates every time I get further in the production of this rombase. I hate to admit it, but there are other tiles in the rombase by other tile artists including kyledove and Alistair. All of the people to credit will be at the bottom of this post.

I will post some mapshots with some of the tiles. The Rest of the tiles will be a mystery until you download it from the link.

Spoiler:

Download Link
http://www.4shared.com/file/121417211/71723e3c/Super_FG_Rombase.html

Credits
Alistair (pond scenery)
Kyledove (pkmn center/mart)
Ageangel (waters edge)
Wesley FG (everything else)
Me (for this ROM Base (you better credit me o.O(lol)))

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
I have a revamped Jessie & James sprite that looks better than SSJ4 Furatman sprite.

Original:
Team_Rocket.png

Mine:
2lazomr.jpg

They use the interviewer pallet.

(Credit is not needed, but would be nice.)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Last edited:

~Gibson~

It's not my fault!
Years
Well, just wanted to let you know about the ROM base I'm working on.

Information:
Just a couple of things you should know^^. Well, first of all I didn't spend time on matching door animations, so you may get problems with the new ones. Additionally, there are no changes in the matter of the Center or the Mart, gonna do this later. That applies to the ugly asphaltic path and some other tiles too. K, that's it^^

What's new?
- new "ground-grass" ~ Kyledove
- new small flowers ~ WesleyFG
- new houses ~ Kyledove
- new trees ~ Xiros & Saurav
- new small tree ~ Saurav
- new gym ~ Kyledove
- new sand path ~ WesleyFG
- new asphaltic path ~ WesleyFG (not finished yet)
- new stairs ~ Kyledove
- new mountains ~ newtiteuf
- new pal ~ me​

Screens:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Download:
Version 1.1

I did not work with an english version of Fire Red yet, so you have to patch a GERMAN FR (1.0). I'm gonna fix this anytime, but you actually can just save the tilesets and import them into an english version.​

Credits:
- me ("~Gibson~" or just "Gibson", as you please xD)
- Kyledove
- Saurav
- Xiros
- WesleyFG
- newtiteuf

greetz,
Gibson​

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
2e1wvwx.png

Domo!
100% sprited and indexed by yours truly
(Its even in pokemon style)
I wish to recieve full credit for the sprite
Not for the use of Harry.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I've compiled all of the tools I beleive an Advanced Generation Hacker (especially FireRed... :\) would need. I apologise if this is not allowed, to both the toolmakers and ROM Hacking mods.

You might want to update this with the newest version of A-Series; I made some major bug fixes to the sprite editor.

Speaking of my sprite editor, here's a Super HGSS Sprite Pack. It contains the HGSS sprites of all 493 Pokémon, thanks to Veekun. A few of them (Burmy/Wormadam and Shellos/Gastrodon) are off; I might correct those later. I might add alternate forms, too...
Use the Import All button in the sprite editor to import these (they even work with Emerald now - try it, it's awesome :P).
Alternatively, copy and paste chunks to new image files, and use your favourite LZ77 compressor. I'd say my way is easier, though ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Moar resources :D
I redid the HG/SS sprites for Emerald by aligning the two frames. The animations should work better with these. For R/S/FR/LG, use the old ones, since they look better non-animated. I also renumbered them to match the order the Pokémon are in the ROM, and added the Unown forms. This pack doesn't include the D/P Pokémon, unfortunately.
Download

Also, here's a patch for Emerald (U) with all the new sprites inserted. Don't patch it on an existing hack, though; I used a lot of free space for this :P You can overwrite the old sprites with whatever you want, other than Spinda and Castform (I didn't replace those; modifying Spinda's palette mucks up the spot colouring, and I can't be bothered to find the palettes for Castform's alternate forms and sort out the sprite).

Last edited:
Years
Hey everyone!I indexed a couple of sprites from Platinum,well,one's more of a copy-off,exept different colours.They are...
Dialga and Primal Dialga!
No credit is needed,though it would be nice.
primaldialga.png
-Primal Dialga
dialga.png
-Dialga

I might create backsprite and Shiny forms for them later.(A new Shiny Dialga!)
Edit:They might only work with Wichu's Sprite Editor,so you should use that.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
BUM-BAA-DUM-DA-LAAA!

Fan King Presenting His Rom Base
Project Icarus

Screenys (2)
Spoiler:

Credits to:
~Me for the basic grass tiles! My first creation :3
~MOP, for the mountain and the Mountain covering
~Mitchel 1 and Kyledove for tiles
~Wesley FG for the houses
~Saurav for tiles

All the tiles in the base is what is in the screenshot!

GIVE MEGA CREDITS TO ME!!!
No Ripping And Editing For Personal Use!

Enjoy! x3

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
PMD rips

okay guys, here are a few rips from PMD Eo Sky.
There are a few which can be used as a titlescreen background, a few tiles, a OW's?

Its not complete, i am going to add a lot more as I keep playing the game. XD
ripsky.png

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
What are this? Another Rombase? Why thank you Jesse. your welcome. :3 Oh, it's Fire Red. yum.

Project: New-Age

Screens.
Spoiler:

Creditos.
Kyledove
Xiros
Alistair
Newtiteuf
Jesse

Link.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

Project - Plasma

Hey everyone, this is Ray.
This is my first rombase, Project Plasma, use it however you will, but don't rip stuff from it.
Also, don't use this for another 'rombase'.

Sample Screenshots

Spoiler:

Where to get it

HERE

Credits

Ray Maverick (me) - I inserted the tiles; give credit, thank you.
MasterOfPuppets - Tiles
Saurav - Tiles
Synyster Zeikku - Pallettes.

'Njoy.

Last edited:

fuznug

Hacker In Training
Years
Gold Devamps

There are from the old resource thread, i dont think anyone will use them but, eh you never know.

331ndph.jpg

14mv3fn.jpg

2i1cy75.jpg
- Replaces Cyndaquil
okv6km.jpg

316wyeg.jpg
- Replaces Quilava
10yqf4m.jpg

24qn974.jpg
- Replaces Typhlosion
23ubrbc.jpg

Status