• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Myrrhman tooting his own horn. Lololol

Well I mean, 6 Badges in an hour. Not too hard if you have a handy speed button (which isn't usually illegal). I mean, my average time for RBY challenges is like 1:15 it seems like. 6 Badges in an hour seems manageable.

Not in HGSS when you're using the grass type and have to grind just to beat the first gym.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Myrrhman tooting his own horn. Lololol

Not in HGSS when you're using the grass type and have to grind just to beat the first gym.
I do what I do.

And grass type wouldn't be that bad. I guess in HG/SS it's probably impossible because of the lack of speed button, but for most others I think I could do it.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
I agree with Mhyrrman. It helps to avoid situations where you would like to do a challenge, but you want to do it in RSE, and the only thread that anyone's set up for that challenge is DPPt-specific.

Years
>This one is for R/S/E: You may only use moves of a certain contest type. (i.e. Beauty)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I have one idea, and it only really works for Hg/Ss. I won't post it as a thread, because I'm not that good at keeping track of them. However, it's very simple, and I have a mock title:

Gotta Catch 'em All Challenge! (Johto Version)

Basically, you can do the story however you want, however, you can't advance to Kanto until you complete your Johto Pokedex!

There would be two difficulties:

- Easy Mode - Just ones obtaineable in Johto (i.e. ones only available in Kanto can be left, and if you can't trade, no trade evolutions required etc.)

- Hard Mode - Complete the Johto Pokedex before advancing to Kanto. Simple.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
What am I being agreed on?

This post:

I personally think that more challenges should follow what the geniuses who changed the monotypes did. I mean, come on, when you do the exact same challenge, you just are in a different region, I think that's basically the same thing. I think that there should be one thread for Monotypes, one for Solos, one for Nuzlockes, one for Colors, one for Gym Leaders and Elite Four, one for the teams (Team Rocket, Magma/Aqua, and Galactic) and one for Gym Types and Gym Disadvantage challenges. That way, if someone wanted a Nuzlocke challenge for XD, whoever was running THE Nuzlocke Challenge would just add an XD section. This would keep the number of challenges down to like 15 instead of 4 pages worth, and I wouldn't have to do nearly as much searching to find the challenges.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I was thinking of a new idea for a challenge.

What about some kind of interactive challenge? I'll be doing the challenge, and people can post things while I'm doing it like "You see a bunch of Garchomps playing happily together. You feel bad for your Garchomp, so you release him to go play." or "After beating Misty, you get a message saying "come defeat me now, I'll be in Saffron's Gym" (You have to beat Sabrina third). Stuff like this?

.Hoenn

Banned
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2010

What about some kind of interactive challenge? I'll be doing the challenge, and people can post things while I'm doing it like "You see a bunch of Garchomps playing happily together. You feel bad for your Garchomp, so you release him to go play." or "After beating Misty, you get a message saying "come defeat me now, I'll be in Saffron's Gym" (You have to beat Sabrina third). Stuff like this?

using what? MSN or AIM? or Teamviewer chat?

I have one idea, and it only really works for Hg/Ss. I won't post it as a thread, because I'm not that good at keeping track of them. However, it's very simple, and I have a mock title:

Gotta Catch 'em All Challenge! (Johto Version)

Basically, you can do the story however you want, however, you can't advance to Kanto until you complete your Johto Pokedex!

There would be two difficulties:

- Easy Mode - Just ones obtaineable in Johto (i.e. ones only available in Kanto can be left, and if you can't trade, no trade evolutions required etc.)

- Hard Mode - Complete the Johto Pokedex before advancing to Kanto. Simple.

sorry bro, found one made by a temp. banned user, join that and i guess your in

Last edited:

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
These are challenges I've done:
Contests challenge: A pokemon's moves must be all the same contest type: smart, beauty, etc. For my treecko I stuck with smart. worked out for me :D

Moveset challenge: As your pokemon learns new moves, the newest move will replace the oldest move, no matter what moves they are. TM's are not allowed. HM's, when taught, will still replace the oldest move when taught. This is honestly the hardest challenge I've done.

Split-game Challenge: Using any games that come in threes(Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald; Diamond, Pearl, Platinum; and so on) play all 3 at once. However, once a pokemon is caught in one game, it cannot be used in the others. For example: you catch a poochyena in Emerald. You can't use a poochyena or it's evolution in Sapphire or Ruby. The games should be kept at about the same place in the story at once. It took me forever to beat this challenge.

Restriction Challenge: Starters are excluded from the following: Roll a dice and see what it lands on. Anything from 2-6. Let's say it lands on 3. Then, every third pokemon in the pokedex, including it's evolution, if it evolves, can't be used in game. The pre-evolutions are allowed, but not that pokemon, or what it evolves into. Use the region dex, or the national dex, depends on how challenging you want it to be. I used region on Diamond, and I rolled a two. I was tempted to roll again.

Random Favorite Challenge: (This challenge will most likely involve Action Replay usage) Make a list of your top 6 pokemon in every type. Make sure you have them arranged from favorite to least favorite. Then, get someone to pick 6 random types. Let's say they pick: Dark, Grass, Fire, Electric, Ground, Bug. Then, you have to arrange a team depending on what they chose. Since dark was first, use you favorite dark type. Then, since it was second, your second favorite grass, and so on. When I did this, I ended up with 5/6 being weak to electric. Though, it can be pretty fun. This is the one I do every time a new generation is made.

I made all of these myself. If there are ones similiar like them out there, I never saw them.

:O

requesting thread creation for these IMMEDIATELY. myrrhman? or somebody else?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017

that is a really good idea except what if some bastard goes "Team rocket attacks you and steals are your pokemon"

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
okay semi-off topic but I love the nuzlocke challenge so much I started to do it on FIFA SOCCER 10
If I lose a game, I have to release my best player, do you guys think I am a Nuzfag for this?

.Hoenn

Banned
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2010
Just submitted the .HCv1, it will have my challenges :)

.Hoenn Challenges V1

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
how bout a challenge where you pick one kind of trainer (Bug catcher, Lass, Youngster, etc.) and you can only use pokemon that trainers of that type use in the game. Some one would have to look up all the trainers in the games to make the lists.. But i think this could be a need challenge

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
do it, and i'll join. im thinking combining restrictions with nuzlocke. maybe add moveset on that one.
XD, never thought about doing Nuzlocke on other games.

haha, well I probably can't make it because its not a Pokemon Game, but I think I may request to make a nuzlocke general.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I go away for 13 little hours, and look at what you've done... Thanks for keeping me busy guys...

Okay:

Hoenn#1: I think skype would work best for this.
He's just banned for having too long of a siggy because something broke in his, so he should be back shortly.

dragon#1: Some are already made.

acedragonite: Well that sucks to be you if that happens. We could either hope that people play nice or give people incentive to do good things, like an award for the person who does the nicest things. Idk, shut up. Stop laughing.

thard: Someone did that a long time ago in a land where the Challenge section wasn't its own board. Wouldn't mind seeing that again; and Cooltrainers should be banned for having too good pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back