• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon The Movie Game (BETA 3.1 RELEASED!)

Sam24

Sam24
Years
UPDATE 5/11/14
The next beta is coming along now.
The storyline for Movie 4 is almost finished. From there it shouldn't be long until it's ready.
More Screenshots!
Spoiler:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I got a question about the Johto movies, will the movie Mewtwo Returns get a spot in this game? I figured I'd ask since it bookends the character development of Mewtwo into someone more caring on par with his relative Mew, but the movie as far as I know takes place between 3 and 4 so this might not work. Although I would think it'd take place after 4Ever since while 4Ever for the most part was direct-to-video it had a limited theatrical release where as Mewtwo Returns was entirely direct-to-video. It was around that time all the movies were released on video in the United States at least, so I figured that Mewtwo Returns would work after 4Ever if you plan to do that movie's events.

Besides that another reason I think Mewtwo Returns took place after 4Ever was that it was around then that the 3rd gen games were in full-swing as Pokemon Colosseum was one of the biggest news pieces in pokemon gaming right at that time, and Pokemon Colosseum made some use of Pokemon 4Ever's plot due to the Dark Balls' effect on pokemon being similar to whatever was done to create Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum and it's sequel Pokemon XD:. So on some level with how the elements tie in I would think Mewtwo Returns would more than likely take place between 4Ever and Heroes. It was also around this time the Eon Ticket was distributed in Nintendo Power magazine to use with the E-Reader to get the other Lati twin in either ruby or sapphire (or in emerald's case the one you didn't pick as the one sightedat the start of the post game events), which would also unlock the Soul Dew jewel in the process. So it all kinda interlocks in a way.

BTW, your choice of rival for Ash? It's very very ironic, as for one, my first starter choice in Red/Blue was Bulbasaur, and in some fanfics I write with my friends I use a Venusaur most often in anything pokemon related we do, and just so happens his name is Sam lol. As such considering your user name and all I had to do us both a bit of homage and name the OC Rival in this game Sam for the heck of it. Very ironic how things go in life.

Sam24

Sam24
Years
I got a question about the Johto movies, will the movie Mewtwo Returns get a spot in this game? I figured I'd ask since it bookends the character development of Mewtwo into someone more caring on par with his relative Mew, but the movie as far as I know takes place between 3 and 4 so this might not work. Although I would think it'd take place after 4Ever since while 4Ever for the most part was direct-to-video it had a limited theatrical release where as Mewtwo Returns was entirely direct-to-video. It was around that time all the movies were released on video in the United States at least, so I figured that Mewtwo Returns would work after 4Ever if you plan to do that movie's events.

Besides that another reason I think Mewtwo Returns took place after 4Ever was that it was around then that the 3rd gen games were in full-swing as Pokemon Colosseum was one of the biggest news pieces in pokemon gaming right at that time, and Pokemon Colosseum made some use of Pokemon 4Ever's plot due to the Dark Balls' effect on pokemon being similar to whatever was done to create Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum and it's sequel Pokemon XD:. So on some level with how the elements tie in I would think Mewtwo Returns would more than likely take place between 4Ever and Heroes. It was also around this time the Eon Ticket was distributed in Nintendo Power magazine to use with the E-Reader to get the other Lati twin in either ruby or sapphire (or in emerald's case the one you didn't pick as the one sightedat the start of the post game events), which would also unlock the Soul Dew jewel in the process. So it all kinda interlocks in a way.

BTW, your choice of rival for Ash? It's very very ironic, as for one, my first starter choice in Red/Blue was Bulbasaur, and in some fanfics I write with my friends I use a Venusaur most often in anything pokemon related we do, and just so happens his name is Sam lol. As such considering your user name and all I had to do us both a bit of homage and name the OC Rival in this game Sam for the heck of it. Very ironic how things go in life.
I always thought something like this would come up.
Mewtwo Returns was more of a special, movie length episode than an official movie. It will be in the game (along with Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon and possibly The Legend of Thunder) but I don't plan on tying it in with the official movies. Instead I'll put it in at the game as a Mystery gift with other side plots (e.g. Pikachu Shorts)
I can also see the irony concerning the rival. :P
I wanted to make an original rival who is confident and easy going (one of the reasons I chose Bulbasaur). I just thought it would be interesting.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Good call on the mystery gift option for mewtwo returns, I can wait for that.

Sam24

Sam24
Years
UPDATE 29/11/14
Hello people so most people are probably wondering what's going on with this game. Well I've finished the story portion of the game and now I'm moving on with the trainer battles and houses of the game. In my opinion my least favourite part.
So most people know that I like to space out all my updates between two weeks and show plenty of screencaps. Well that's going to change now a little. From now on update posts are going to be spaced out more to somewhere around 3-4 weeks and I'm going to show less screencaps per post.
The reason for this is because first I was never really sure how long it was before a thread was considered to be inactive, realising now that it was 1 month, it allowed to me to space out my posts. Also I wanted to show you screencaps to show progress in my game but I didn't want to spoil too much of the game. I hope you can understand that.
Also there has been something that has been bothering me and that is trying to create trainer backrounds (here are two examples)
Spoiler:
They are very tricky to do. Because I want it to look like a sprite background while still making it look very similar to the movie. If anyone would be able to help me on this then that would be great.
Finally here's one new screenshot showing off Celebi's evil look.
Spoiler:

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
I applaud you for going more into detail than my younger self did with making Mewtwo Strikes Back in game form :) looks great

Sam24

Sam24
Years
I applaud you for going more into detail than my younger self did with making Mewtwo Strikes Back in game form :) looks great
I'm going to be honest, I was a huge fan of your "Mewtwo Strikes Back" game and I was disappointed when it didn't finish. In a way, you inspired me to make this game. ;)

Sam24

Sam24
Years
is the game still alive ? I would love to see the current progress if we can :D
Yes, this game is still alive and I'm putting a lot of effort into it. Right now I'm beta testing and adding in any final touches that I can think of.
I don't want to show anything, since I'm close to finishing.
I'm sorry for people having to bare with me until the next beta, but I can say that I'm almost done.

Sam24

Sam24
Years
Well, here ya go! The next instalment in my game! (Wow I got this far)

here's the link:
Spoiler:

So what do I have?:
The two new movies (DUH!)
The new costume Gold! (Kind of....)
NEW INTRO!
Some sprites re-adjusted or re-made.
Poké ball error fixed
Certain cut scenes fixed
That's about it!

Once again thanks to all the people who gave me feedback or who sent me sprites. Please keep showing me support if you want to see more and thank you all!

Last edited:

Sam24

Sam24
Years
UPDATE 8/2/15
Hey guys.
So most people are probably waiting for another update so here it is, although there's not really much to say.
I've been taking a break on my game after the last update and I've been working on other projects (Pokémon Crimson Skies)
I was able to get the scripts for the two movies I'm going to do and now I'm making sprites aside from that I've only been doing minor stuff to the game so far.
It'll take some time to get back into it but hopefully I'll start working harder on the game.
And screencaps...
Spoiler:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Oh sweet the new version is out, I wish I been back sooner but I've been having connection problems every few weeks or so. But I got the new 2.0 game. Good work on Pokemon Heroes so far.

EDIT: Ok started the new version, and there's a big issue. I know that you're trying to capture the movies as accurately as possible but not being able to save before actually getting Ash's pokeballs in movie three like you could for 1 and 2 makes trying to get decent natures pretty tedious. Also it would be nice to in each movie to get each pokeball individually for every new pokemon that shows up instead of all at once, it would help to make the post-game ideas you have inmind easier and more realistic to attempt in that regard since we'd be able to choose whatever set we please for a specific pokemon. One player might want to do a sweeper with Bulbasaur while another might try a tank with the appropriate natures for each, and so on, but with the way getting ash's pokemon is done right now makes that pretty difficult to do. I don't mean to nitpick but that is a particular annoyance to me at any rate, not sure about anyone else.

Also Ash's Noctowl is supposed to be a shiny one, there should be a 100 percent shiny chance for Noctowl considering the canon of the series.

Last edited:

Sam24

Sam24
Years
Oh sweet the new version is out, I wish I been back sooner but I've been having connection problems every few weeks or so. But I got the new 2.0 game. Good work on Pokemon Heroes so far.

EDIT: Ok started the new version, and there's a big issue. I know that you're trying to capture the movies as accurately as possible but not being able to save before actually getting Ash's pokeballs in movie three like you could for 1 and 2 makes trying to get decent natures pretty tedious. Also it would be nice to in each movie to get each pokeball individually for every new pokemon that shows up instead of all at once, it would help to make the post-game ideas you have inmind easier and more realistic to attempt in that regard since we'd be able to choose whatever set we please for a specific pokemon. One player might want to do a sweeper with Bulbasaur while another might try a tank with the appropriate natures for each, and so on, but with the way getting ash's pokemon is done right now makes that pretty difficult to do. I don't mean to nitpick but that is a particular annoyance to me at any rate, not sure about anyone else.

Also Ash's Noctowl is supposed to be a shiny one, there should be a 100 percent shiny chance for Noctowl considering the canon of the series.
I'll definitely update so Ash's Noctowl is Shiny and I guess I can change movie 3 and the future movies so each new Pokémon is given out individually but I don't really want to change movie 1 and 2. Personally I think getting each Pokémon individually sounds a little weird but if you think it's better for you to get different natures then I'll do it I guess.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I was able to manage ok with how movie 1 and 2 were done so you don't have to change that if you don't want to, but at least letting us save before hand would be nice to allow us to avoid having to replay the movie intro over and over again.

PokemonLunarVersion

Bringer of Nightmares
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 24, 2021
This is cool, I hope it's not dead.
The Ash back sprites are cool too!
I'll have to play this.

Back