Resource Leon and UltimaSoul's FireRed Base Page 11

Started by Prof. Leon Dias June 9th, 2018 10:29 PM
  • 270 replies
Male
Seen July 14th, 2019
Posted July 14th, 2019
12 posts
10.1 Years
Thanks for all the work you guys have put into this. I'm very interested in the idea of using the 386 version of this for an "enhanced" run-through of FireRed, but I'd be even more interested if you could somehow achieve compatibility with the "Pokemon Throwback" hack. There are several nice features in that one that aren't available here, but unfortunately they seem to conflict.

Child Amnesiac

Music hacker

Age 19
Male
Colorado
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
178 posts
160 Days
If I wanted to add an alolan form, how do I add it without giving it it's own dex entry? same for megas
Just add the Pokemon in PGE, but add 0 new dex entries.
You do this by putting 0 in the new Pokedex entries box.
The GBA Music Resource
Mega Evolution Patches

Currently working on: What my next project will be.

Child Amnesiac

Music hacker

Age 19
Male
Colorado
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
178 posts
160 Days
hm advancedmaps shows me alot of unknown pokemons? which version do I have to use
Use a modded version of 1.9.5 for inserting mons, for everything else use 1.9.2
The GBA Music Resource
Mega Evolution Patches

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams

Male
A deep underground lab somewhere...
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted July 12th, 2019
94 posts
6.6 Years
It has been a long time since I worked on anything hacking related and I am here to announce that a few bug fixes are on the way!
Check Out My Projects:

& My Ultimate Fire Red Base
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409672

Discord to join my Wish/Rombase server for updates, questions, and info:
https://discord.gg/N46NeqS

Just A Remixer

a low iq rom hacker

Male
No Palette Town
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
27 posts
193 Days
Two problems involving external apps.
First off, the PGE Trainer Editor doesn't work. I tried everything, but it doesn't work.
Second off, I'm dumb and can't figure out the AM 1.95 pokedex wild edit thing, but I'm just gonna blame it on you anyway
So, uh... GBC 64x64? No, that doesn't sound right...

social media. please go there. please.
Spoiler:
Instagram(I rarely post here. When I do, it's mostly memes): https://www.instagram.com/johto_trainer_max/
Deviantart(I Post here more frequently, but not that much. It has Pokemon sprites that you can actually use in your actual ROM hacks/fan games, just GIVE CREDIT in a txt folder or the endgame credits): https://www.deviantart.com/just-a-remaker

Projects
Spoiler:

Child Amnesiac

Music hacker

Age 19
Male
Colorado
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
178 posts
160 Days
Two problems involving external apps.
First off, the PGE Trainer Editor doesn't work. I tried everything, but it doesn't work.
Second off, I'm dumb and can't figure out the AM 1.95 pokedex wild edit thing, but I'm just gonna blame it on you anyway
As for 1: I would just use HTE. (If your using the expanded mons ROM, the version of HTE included probably has the offsets)
As for 2: I don't know.
The GBA Music Resource
Mega Evolution Patches

Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
1 posts
38 Days
It has been a long time since I worked on anything hacking related and I am here to announce that a few bug fixes are on the way!
That's so great to hear! Honestly this is the best rom base out there for Fire Red! One quick question for anyone who can answer, should I wait for the update to start working on my rom hack or can I start on it now and update the patch later? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but It's been a long time since I last hacked a rom and we didn't have rom pataches back then at least not I remember...

Child Amnesiac

Music hacker

Age 19
Male
Colorado
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
178 posts
160 Days
That's so great to hear! Honestly this is the best rom base out there for Fire Red! One quick question for anyone who can answer, should I wait for the update to start working on my rom hack or can I start on it now and update the patch later? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but It's been a long time since I last hacked a rom and we didn't have rom pataches back then at least not I remember...
I would wait honestly, you probably would have to start over if you wanted the bug fixes.
The GBA Music Resource
Mega Evolution Patches

Overlord Kaktus

Made in Guatemala

Male
Guatemala City
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
297 posts
5.5 Years
I have a small problem:

Hyper Beam and Giga Impact share the same description pointer and I cant figure out how to replace one of them.
Open the rom with G3T and select the move editor. In there there's an option to change description offset and make them independent to each other
I'm just a normal romhacker c:
Advertiser Content