• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Colosseum (for GBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
For those of you complaining about my shadow sprites, I'm going on overhaul making some of these. Here is a sample of whats to come, shadow quilava.

Hk0fB7X.png

And Bayleef
ikCo6Tr.png

And Croconaw
4vUI0WO.png

Enjoy. Comments and criticisms appreciated.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Take a guess :P .

Honestly not even sure how I would, but I'm sure I will find a way.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Huh. Interesting concept. Good luck with it, I wouldn't mind testing it out and seeing how well you matched it to the game I know only too well. ;p

Honestly I preferred the Shadow aura than the recolouring being used. In part because canonically Lugia (XD001) was the only shadow Pokemon to actually get the change, and part of the story has to do with only Rui being able to recognise that Pokemon are Shadow due to seeing auras - if they changed colour like that so everyone could see then that flys in the face of the game script itself.

I will agree that based on the shots there of e.g. Phenac city you'd need to rethink the titles used (and although one said custom aren't needed and I won't pretend I know much about map design, that may help in replicating what Phenac city looked like with all of its water features).

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
For those of you complaining about my shadow sprites, I'm going on overhaul making some of these. Here is a sample of whats to come, shadow quilava.

Hk0fB7X.png

And Bayleef
ikCo6Tr.png

And Croconaw
4vUI0WO.png

Enjoy. Comments and criticisms appreciated.
I like the potential that I'm seeing with this game. However, for the shadow sprites, the coloring is too bland. If you want to go that route, I suggest shading them with different shades of purple in order to make the sprite look more professional. If you need any help recoloring them, feel free to message me!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Not bad, not bad. There's definitely improvement going on here. But if you're gonna shadow-ify a sprite, at least change the entire color scheme. The green rings around Bayleef look out of place when they're the only green in a sea of purple. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Lol I give up. Either one of you guys can do this for me or we will stick with what I've got. You art people are too picky xD , I am a kid who took Art History to avoid doing any sort of art in high school lmao.

@Saturnus The recoloring is not very different from the actual thing. I like how it looks a lot, but something needs to be done to further distinguish it, such as what other people were suggesting of an aura or something. If one were to have never played pokemon or not played it for a while they would mistake those ones to be what the regular pokemon look like.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Hey another thing. Do I keep Rui in this game or not? She really doesn't serve a purpose in my opinion, what do you all think?

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
Hey another thing. Do I keep Rui in this game or not? She really doesn't serve a purpose in my opinion, what do you all think?

I don't think so, I know this is a replica of Colloseum, but let's think, did Liquid Crystal and Crystal Dust ( remakes of Crystal ) keep everything? no they took out things and added new ones, I think you should put yourown spin on coloseum, make it something to be remebered

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
But in the actual game, she DID have a purpose. Admittedly one you can move to something else, but she was the original one who could see which were Shadow Pokemon, as well as the reason for knowing to go to Agate Village, and the initial rescue

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
But in the actual game, she DID have a purpose. Admittedly one you can move to something else, but she was the original one who could see which were Shadow Pokemon, as well as the reason for knowing to go to Agate Village, and the initial rescue

but do you really think it's gonna be easy to impliment her saying "oh that pokemon is shadow" in battle?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Or having her follow you around, heard there was a lot of issues having it move from map to map and whatnot.
Oh and I screwed up the intro screen, could somebody whose good at it fix it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
I forgot, my last one is quite a bit old if i remember correctly. Whoops lol.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I forgot, my last one is quite a bit old if i remember correctly. Whoops lol.
I have till this day since August 1, 2012, 581 backups. I try to make a few backups a day even when I did no work on the rom. Lol, haha xD. That is because ONE simple hex edit can easily alter your game or a tool could have randomly bug out.
Anyways, what is the problem with your title screen? What was the very last thing you did to your rom?
Maybe you inserted something into free space near your title screen data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back