• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2012
Emerald pal park problem

Hello, i have some problem with my pokemon emerald. When i try migrate from emerald to platinum, my emerald's save file deletes "the save file has been erased due to corruption or damage". Maybe that becouse i didin't beat elite four? Buyer said my emerald is legal. Then what can be a problem?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Your game is obviously fake, if a buyer said it was illegal. The DS games will detect fake games when they're in your DS and delete the file on the GBA game. No way to fix that, I'm afraid.

What gen. did STAB's occur

All generations.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
It sounds to me that it is a bootleg, it shouldn't say that if it's a legit copy. Do you have a picture of it? I could tell you if it's a legit copy.

supershadow64ds

Confused Noob Programmer
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Does my brain deceive me?

Okay. I am just asking this out of curiosity...

I remember when I was like, 6, 7, or 8, I was at a friends house, and he owned a copy of Pokemon Ruby. Game was pretty normal, as I remembered I was in Rustboro City...

However, when I went into a battle, a couple of the red Pokeball tops from the roster showing you how many Pokemon you had were blue instead of red.

Was this some sort of feature that I'm not aware about? Does it have to do with PokeRus or Event Pokemon? I am just curious.

Years
Alright. I want to GameShark my way to unused maps in FireRed, starting with Sevii Isles 8 and 9. I've Googled EVERYWHERE but there are two problems: a) people think Sevii Isles 8 and 9 are Navel Rock and Birth Island, or b) I can't find a code that works. The one code I DID find didn't work. Who has a working code?

IMPORTANT: Please PM me an answer. I won't be coming back here to see if there's an answer.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
We aren't allowed to give out AR/GS codes here, sorry. Not like you'll read this post though...hmm.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
It was either a very small, insignificant glitch or your brain playing tricks on you, in my opinion. I don't ever remember that happening to me in my games, so I don't think it's for special Pokémon. Maybe the Poké Ball was gray and you may have imagined it looking Blue for a second? That's pretty strange, though, so I could be wrong...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Are your chances of encountering a Ralts bigger when your Pokémon likes you well? I gotta know, because Ralts is pretty rare in Pokémon Emerald. Thanks! :)

No I'm afraid. :( How close you are to your Pokemon doesn't affect the encounter rate of Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
What pokemon can't I get playing solo?

Ok I have pokemon Emerald on DroidEmu on my phone. What pokemon can't I get on my own. And does anyone know the gameshark codes for them?

Years
If you mean pokemons that evolve through trade then you can't get:
-alakazam
-golem
-machamp
-gengar
-huntail
-gorebyss
I think this is it correct me if I'm wrong
As for gameshark codes just google them

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
Ok, Thanks! I really hate to use the stupid GS codes, but I don't know how else to obtain all the pokemon again. It's been so long since I have played it.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
i'm playing on sapphire. just curious how do i know if the clock battery is dead ? does it tell you ? or is there a way to check ?

If it is the clock battery bug, you'll notice that all the time related events just won't happen and it will be like a day never passes in game.

If the internal battery has run dry you'll receive a message after you press start when you turn on your game, just before the Continue/New Game screen. All the time events won't happen as well.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
awww, well i have been playing sapphire for 200 hours, it has never gotten dark yet, i havent seen any weather changes, and i havent seen a berry grow yet either :*(

i was just assuming it never got dark and there wasnt weather changes. i guess im booged

vaporeon7

Years
awww, well i have been playing sapphire for 200 hours, it has never gotten dark yet, i havent seen any weather changes, and i havent seen a berry grow yet either :*(

i was just assuming it never got dark and there wasnt weather changes. i guess im booged

It never gets dark in Generation III games and it only changes between different degrees of rain on the routes around the weather institute. Though if none of your berries are growing you might have the berry glitch.
Click here on how to fix it.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I heard that if you battle against a legendary dog and it does Roar you can never encounter it again in FRLG. Is that true because I used my masterball on Mewtwo.

Years
I heard that if you battle against a legendary dog and it does Roar you can never encounter it again in FRLG. Is that true because I used my masterball on Mewtwo.

It's False.

The Legendary dogs are roaming Pokemon so that means you can encounter them until you faint or catch them.

vaporeon7

Years

It's False.

The Legendary dogs are roaming Pokemon so that means you can encounter them until you faint or catch them.

Actually there is a glitch in FR/LG where if a roaming Pokémon uses Roar to flee, it will disappear permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back