• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
Shadow Chaos, thanks for the welcome back. MetalMario, that's a beautiful shiny Drifloon! I want one! It's one of the prettier shiny Pokemon. I think they are all special, but some are just prettier than others. (like lapras and ditto ;) )
Kim

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Akidaheart I remember you a little. Welcome back.

Still nothing new for me. Been doing more SRing in hope for my Shiny Torchic but it still won't appear.

Years
Shadow Chaos, thanks for the welcome back. MetalMario, that's a beautiful shiny Drifloon! I want one! It's one of the prettier shiny Pokemon. I think they are all special, but some are just prettier than others. (like lapras and ditto ;) )
Kim
So I see you're a returning vet as well, Kim. ;) (Personally, I find shiny Lapras just isn't different enough for my tastes. Kinda mauvish, but that's about all.)

So anyway, here's my full status. I haven't been able to track down my old games yet, so I think it's time to rebuild my collection. I've bought a Pearl and a new Sapphire game, and will be getting Diamond some time shortly. I will be soft resetting for both Palkia and Dialga on these games, so it may be a little time before I've gotten the Pokéradar and can catch a new shiny Weavile and Seviper.

It seems unlikely that I'll obtain anything close in greatness to my shiny Rotom and Dialga; Rotom who was Timid and had a base-68 HP:Grass. Dialga had IVs averaging in their 20s and was Modest. I will most certainly try my hardest to re-obtain both of them, and I might even go after a second shiny Dialga if the first one I catch isn't any good. I am also going to purchase a new M3 card (my old one doesn't read anymore), which I will use to make backups of all my shinies, something I ought to have done in the first place, but, ironically, was too afraid of deleting them to do so.

Onto the Drifloon, here are the juicy details:
Last Friday, it occurred to me that I was far enough along in the game (just about to ascend Mt. Coronet) to catch Drifloon, and I had a Calm syncher in tow, so I saved in front of him with the Calm Kadabra, my Yawning Bibarel, and a random Snover in my box with Snow Warning, and did a small number of resets before heading to bed. I had a surprise work shift the next day and I brought my DS (which I now keep hidden in the store's safe), so on the bus ride home, I did a few more resets, and it was only Drifloon #36 or so that was that beautiful gold with blue feet! With camera phone in hand, I begin the battle. Off goes the Quick Ball, but she escapes! :O

Drifloon Stockpiles 1.

Out goes Bell, my Bibarel, now almost as trusted as my old dear friend, who Yawns.

Drifloon Stockpiles 2.

Switch to Snover, I do, and the Sinister Gold Balloon falls asleep.

Drifloon is pelted by Hail.

Go! Quick Ball!

*shake 1* *shake 2* *shake 3* It's in!!

OMG!! Yellow Drifloon Appeared!
First Quick Ball is thrown.
Snover is sent out!
It's in! Drifloon is caught!
SHINY DEX! Encyclopaedic pwnage!

Stats Page 1
Stats Page 2
Stats Page 3

Relaxed. My Calm Syncher failed me, but at least it's a +Def nature, and Blim isn't outspeeding much anyway. Atermath is fun for going boom, and it's the ability I wanted, even if Unburden is more competitively useful.

Brawl, what Nature do you suggest for Palkia? Smogon says Hasty, but I was thinking Timid. I don't really like the Defense drop, and Palkia only really uses Physical moves to kill Blissey, which a quick Focus Punch on the switch ought to do, anyway, even with a -Atk nature.

Anyway, I've been playing more Brawl than Pokémon lately, so I may be in the shadows for a while longer. I'll do my best to keep a presence here, but you know how things can get.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome back MetalMario and Akida! And congrats on the cute gold Drifloon, MM.

I'm not sure what to hunt for when I get some free time (which will be never Dx) but I think the only shinies I want left are Swablu, Starly, and Gligar by chaining and the Kanto bird trio (mostly Articuno since it's my fav). Guess I don't have time for Suicune since it's hard to sneak playing Colo and do homework.. Anyways, good luck to everyone on their hunts. I hope something new pops up soon for someone. :]

TwilightBlade

Years
Welcome back MetalMario and Akida! And congrats on the cute gold Drifloon, MM.

I'm not sure what to hunt for when I get some free time (which will be never Dx) but I think the only shinies I want left are Swablu, Starly, and Gligar by chaining and the Kanto bird trio (mostly Articuno since it's my fav). -EDIT OH CRUD I forget Cresselia lol I'll go after her next since she pwns Arty- Guess I don't have time for Suicune since it's hard to sneak playing Colo and do homework.. Anyways, good luck to everyone on their hunts. I hope something new pops up soon for someone. :]

Last edited:

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
>>To MetalMario: I too have been playing Brawl, so I know what you mean!! :D

>>To TwilightBlade: If I would have spare games, I would Soft-Reset for Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Mewtwo, Latias, and Latios, since I don't have the guts to erase any of my current games... ^^; The current Shinies that I want left though are: Charmander, Treecko, Riolu, Magikarp, and Gyarados!! Good luck to you!! ^_^

Still nothing new, just some failed Chains and still no Golden Eggs... Good luck to everyone else!!

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
no shinies but i'm trying. might need to get a new game as i hear rumour of a third game!! and maybe second forms of giratina and shaymin so there may be a few new shinies we can catch.

p.s. well done to all if i can get a wireless i could battle with my best battlers electivire and swellow even other's for back up.

TwilightBlade

Years
Well shetmushrooms, I just noticed this today but I can't find my Emerald. Since I'm naturally a messy girl, I hope it pops up on its own soon. If I seriously lost it, I will seriously go baller on someone.. >_>

Shadow Chaos: Thanks and gl to you too.. You need a lot of luck to get all of those someday.

geomon: Lurvely job using caps lock?

Years
DUPE!!!

DUPEEncounter1.jpg

So here's the story. Remember that Sapphire I was talking about? Yeah. I decided to go do a little Treecko hunt, then this guy pops up not six or so resets in. Understanding in full the implications of RNG cloning, I'm not particularly upset at the little guy. *goes to pound shiny Pooch to death :badsmile:*

I'm thinking Treecko, but do you think you can persuade me to get a different Hoenn starter shiny? ;)

Edit: 1:42am, another DUPE has come along! :shocked: My ordinary Treecko is female this time...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Wow MetalMario, you have all the shiny luck but it's not on your side...yet :P

Twilightblade, good luck finding your Emerald! You can do it :) What shinies do you have on it anyways?

To all others, good luck and congrats :) Personally, no luck but I've been busy lately <_<

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I also lost my Emerald. I swear that game is always getting lost by people. Didn't have any shinys on it but all my EV trained Pokemon where on it so that's a shame. Still need to make my battling team. Just don't have the time to EV train them.

Unlucky there MM. I have had that happen when I was looking for my Torchic. Which I am still looking for. Hope I get him soon.

TwilightBlade

Years
MM: Wow, sorry to hear about the uncatchable shiny. And I think Treecko is the coolest hoenn shiny so stick with that.. :P

Matty: Pidgey, Poochyena, Lugia, Ho-oh, and some events and IV bred and EV trained. Luckily, I cloned and traded the shiny johto birds to XD but they don't have their nicknames so I'm gonna be sad if I can't find Emerald.. What an evil little version. First RNGs, now it walks away during the night. :0 :0

I was thinking of buying a used LF to chain Vulpix and Weedle but bah, I'm broke. /too lazy to work.

Nothing new, I tried Cress a bit but why doesn't sync work on her? -.- Also, if I ever find Em soon, can I soft reset for Cynda and have a good chance with rngs like with the birds or is that SR a bit different/won't work?

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
i got noting to...i have been doin much but tryin but friend broke my emerald and it wont save now...so im goin soft rest on drifloom ps the resond im bussy im tryin to get a team thats good for wifi battling first than ill have free time to chain/SR

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
DUPE!!!

DUPEEncounter1.jpg

So here's the story. Remember that Sapphire I was talking about? Yeah. I decided to go do a little Treecko hunt, then this guy pops up not six or so resets in. Understanding in full the implications of RNG cloning, I'm not particularly upset at the little guy. *goes to pound shiny Pooch to death :badsmile:*

I'm thinking Treecko, but do you think you can persuade me to get a different Hoenn starter shiny? ;)

Edit: 1:42am, another DUPE has come along! :shocked: My ordinary Treecko is female this time...
What is a DUPE? And no, stick with Treecko; you've been hunting for it for a long time, and it is easily the best looking of the three Hoenn shiny starters, not to mention the second best shiny starter in terms of looks.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Hey MM my rotom has a timid nature if you want to try to breed for a shint one you can have mine so you can use theeverstone trick and hope for another timid shiny

Back