• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Hmm, well let's just say that Lerion didn't switch as fast as usual because he wasn't trying to, he was contemplating it but the surge of adrenaline/excitement of combat caused some of his more wolfy features to appear.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
In a way I suppose, but the Lycans are much less threatening than what I've read/seen of the Nekomata. They seem so... Hostile.

That honestly doesn't make much sense Sephear, but I would rather not start any more ruckus here than we already get. Just think of that post as a history/legend teaching!

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Hey guys, I am so sorry for the lateness. New job and moving proved complicated and busy but I am back in action so to speak.

I was wondering if I have been removed or not? It's fine if I have, honestly :) I was inactive quite awhile so yeah, but I still wanted to check :P

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Lokipie- no you haven't been removed yet but please try to be more active~

Machomuu&Geras&Lilizuki- I know very well that Incubi exist… I just choosed them to not be in the RP because I needed female-only Youkai. I already had two male-only Youkai so I needed two female-only.

About the fact that the Youkai in this RP don't match the real ones… this is a T-rated RP! I can't add Sucubi and Incubi that need to have sex with their victims in order to take over their bodies. I needed to change the species a little so I could add them in the RP and so that they weren't over-powered.

Saying that a Fairy needs to be a female-only because male fairies are gross… I honestly think that's not a good reason to make them female-only. Male pixies are just as known as Incubi.

It's very disturbing for me when people tell me to change my entire RP because they don't like a certain thing. Giving ideas is more than okay, they are welcome… but don't tell me what I should do and what I shouldn't please… if you guys think I should add Incubi, then alright. Do you want to make fairies female-only then give me a good reason why I should! Because male pixies are gross is not a good reason.

Don't get me wrong please, I like all of you but I really had to say this.

Now then… back to topic.

-Give me a reason why I should make Fairies female-only. A valid reason, please.
-Do you guys think I need to add more Youkai so that there are more options?

Years
I can't really think of any reason for female only fairies since there's both male and female in both mythologies.

As for more yokai, that's up to you. There's no point if you aren't opening up more spaces.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I was under the impression that the creators of the race have freedom to dictate what happens with them. If they don't, I'm free to ignore Eve's rambling on Lycans, yes?

Anyway. I have a valid reason.

Comely male fairies with wings and short statures do not show up in mythology, at all, to my knowledge. There are male Fey, for definite, but they most definitely do not match the appearance of the fairies that appear in this game.

~

Examples of male Fey:

Brownies. They're jolly household spirits who held out their owners and live in abandoned parts of the home, and love to chatter amongst themselves, but begin to misbehave and pester the family if they're mistreated. They can only be seen by people with a sixth sense, unless they chose to appear to normal people. They resemble the stereotypical wizard with a hat and staff.

Trolls. Very old, strong, stupid, and clumsy, they generally look like far larger human beings, but they turn into stone if they stay in the sunlight, so they make their homes in rocky caves. However, they're renowned for being excellent blacksmiths, despite the fact that they're isolationist and it's advised that one never makes a troll grumpy.

Wendigo. Very cruel and cannibals, they often hunt and eat the flesh of humans. They the head of a feral elk with jagged teeth and sharp antlers, with humanoid legs that end in blackened, burnt stumps. They haunt dreams, and, when they howl, it causes people around them to become insane. Once somebody has been driven completely insane by a Wendigo's howl, they leap into the sky until their legs become blackened, burnt stumps, and turn into another Wendigo.

Ugly Male Fey: Duende, Goblin, Gremlin, Hob and Ogre.

~

Those are male Fey. Now, let's take a look at some female Fey, shall we?

~

Examples Female Fey:

Huldra. Beautiful women who often possess the tail of a cow or fox, and are hollow inside. They often served as guardians to people, or gifted them with good luck, if they were pleased, but could be very fickle if they were angered. They tended to lure men away from their work for tea parties, and replaced children in their cots with changelings; Fey children.

Mermaids. You already know all about these.

The Enchanted Mora, beautiful young women who tend to guard the valuable places of the world, who are also shapeshifters that camoflaged themselves in the area with the forms of powerful local creatures. They also have many lesser subtypes, such as mothers who guide pregnant women, half-snakes, and some who live inside stones and strike back brutally if their homes are moved.

Other pretty female Fey:

Nymphs, Radande, Xana, Anjana, Lorelei, Melusine, and Undine.

~

The only Fey I have not included are the ones that can be either gender (Dwarves, Duergar, Elves, et cetera) and those that have no gender (Mare, Will O' Wisp, et cetera).

In a shocking turn of events, the vast majority of male Fey are ugly, while the vast majority of female Fey are pretty, and gender-exclusive. Is that a good enough reason?

Sapphire Rose

Years
Creator? Oh my god… just ignore Eve's rambling about Lycan's please. I never said that the creators could dictate what happens to the species.

On the Fairy matter… this reason seems more valid than "they are gross".

I don't see male fairies often indeed…

Expect my answer in a few hours.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I was under the impression that the creators of the race have freedom to dictate what happens with them. If they don't, I'm free to ignore Eve's rambling on Lycans, yes?
Oh lord, here we go. As I've already stated, I made them for the RP, but I based them off of something that already exists. I'm not "dictating what happens with them", I'm trying to make sure that they hold true to what they really are/were.

As for this post you wrote up... I'm actually sort of glad. I used to think I was the cause of the arguments and fights, but now I can see that you're the instigator. You pour gasoline on the fire, even when there is no reason too. You are making statements that are not only disrespectful, but have a clear motif in slander. To be frank, I've had an issue with you from the first time you made one of these comments. After you disappeared for a while and returned suddenly, I was wary. I was wary of what's happening right now. I had decided to give you the benefit of the doubt, to say, "I don't know, maybe she's changed, maybe she's not like that anymore." Oh was I wrong; if anything, you've gotten worse with it.

I literally cannot stand to be around people who do this sort of thing. I don't know why you do it, why most of it is directed at me, or what possesses you to just do this out of the blue. I've always been a kind person, and this is why I can't understand your actions. The minute you returned to this RP we had maybe a few days before you caused immediate arguments. I just can't understand you, but whatever your reasons may be, I just can't stand to read or put up with your words and actions.

I've been debating on leaving the RP since you've come back, so I can avoid all of this awful unneeded stress. As of right now, I'm thinking I might leave and give up on my new character. That's how much you get to me. I'm seething, and I'm not afraid to say it. Very, very few people make it onto a list of people I hate (I try to be understanding of everyone and their reasons) and you seems as though you're trying to win the gold for that list.

Am I going to leave? Maybe. I might have to think about it when I'm more levelheaded.​

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
And the store just ran out of the world's smallest violins. What a shame.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Guys guys guyyysss!!!

Please just stop the argumentssss………

Lili and wolf, I want you guys to ignore each other from now on! >.<

Khawill

<3
Years
Arguing is a two person conflict, there is no winner because negativity is the drive. Dusk, can I ask you not to point fingers please, it instigates just as much as anything else. Especially when you begin to say how much you hate the person. If she is the one pouring the fuel, then by your actions, you are the fuel.

Since this is a free and public forum, toxic behavior or conflicts are to be expected, and honestly the best way to deal with them is to let those in charge get involved.

Dusk and Lili, you guys should probably find some common interest or at least ignore each other. Why not speak to each other about domestic things, preferably that doesn't involve opinions.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
They're common interest IS what they argue about, that's why are the perfect target for spectator shipping debates.

Having said that, these arguments are largely passive-aggressive and somewhat antagonistic. Each new reply is like a twist in the knife that you both stabbed each other with around the time of Youkai Academy's being accepted. I find it hard to see you two ever really getting along, especially on the whole Werewolf/Lycan deal, though the same can be said for pretty much anything. Why don't you two shun each other for a while, or maybe just don't challenge each other on various issues.

Or, at the very least, stop with the backhanded comments. That one's a request from me. Just please, stop.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
@DuskLunacy: I'll ask you to vent your anger elsewhere because as legitimate as your points are, when directed at Lilizuki I doubt they'll have any sort of impact. At all.

With all the disagreements that have happened, I've realized long ago that you can't have Lili here without someone eventually disagreeing (a disagreement is not an argument and is not bad) with her. It's just how opinionated people are. Expect something else and you'll be disappointed. It's like going into Pacific Rim expecting something other than giant robots fighting giant monsters. Or like going into R+V expecting something other than panty shots. If you feel the disagreement is becoming an argument, you just cut off the conversation. Don't try going on a tirade hoping that she'll change because all you'll get is a snarky response.

@Lilizuki: No, I'm not gonna give you some moral lecture or anything. I just want to ask you this: what's the deal with the Marie/Yuria story? Is Marie the Doctor now or something? I'm surprised PinkSapphire hasn't said anything about this.

@PinkSapphire: If Fairies are going to be made single gender then I'm all for more Youkai species.

@Everyone else: While I know your intentions are good, I think it would be best if we all kept this from becoming a big deal. When something like this goes front and center, it causes people to leave. I say just act natural and pretent this never happened.

Of course, this is all just my opinion.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
So I have a question for everyone. What do you think my fairytale spy should do now? (Other than bully Cheryll of course) any ideas or suggestions would be great :)

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I think it would be interesting if she did more than just attend the academy and report anything out of the ordinary. Maybe she's got some henchmen/servants/cronies/thralls or whatever in the student council or amongst the faculty trying to push things in the school in her favor or maybe even trying to take it over. Either for Fairytale or for herself. Then she'd be even more untouchable and a serious threat that doesn't involve OP fighting skills.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
@Geras Enlightening as always :D

@Genevieve hmmm....that's a good question, maybe she could find a way to take advantage of Lerion's ignorance as to the whole fairytale thing, all he knows right now is that some mermaid psycho is rampaging and he got laser-suckerpunched out of the air XD

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Guys guys guyyysss!!!

Please just stop the argumentssss………

Lili and wolf, I want you guys to ignore each other from now on! >.<
I can tell you right now that isn't going to work. I'm pretty sure we tried the same thing before but, like always, it ended in monotony. I think I'm going to follow through and just leave the RP, after taking everything into consideration. Because I've done my very best to tolerate it this long, but she just isn't going to stop no matter what you do, especially if I'm still around.

Arguing is a two person conflict, there is no winner because negativity is the drive. Dusk, can I ask you not to point fingers please, it instigates just as much as anything else. Especially when you begin to say how much you hate the person. If she is the one pouring the fuel, then by your actions, you are the fuel.

Since this is a free and public forum, toxic behavior or conflicts are to be expected, and honestly the best way to deal with them is to let those in charge get involved.

Dusk and Lili, you guys should probably find some common interest or at least ignore each other. Why not speak to each other about domestic things, preferably that doesn't involve opinions.
'Tis simply stating my feelings. Now that they're out there, I have no need to repeat them or go into it any further. But as I said, I'm going to leave the RP. I know as a whole it will be better off. If I am the fuel, she is the lit match. This means simply that we should not be around one another, otherwise things will heat up very quickly.

They're common interest IS what they argue about, that's why are the perfect target for spectator shipping debates.

Having said that, these arguments are largely passive-aggressive and somewhat antagonistic. Each new reply is like a twist in the knife that you both stabbed each other with around the time of Youkai Academy's being accepted. I find it hard to see you two ever really getting along, especially on the whole Werewolf/Lycan deal, though the same can be said for pretty much anything. Why don't you two shun each other for a while, or maybe just don't challenge each other on various issues.

Or, at the very least, stop with the backhanded comments. That one's a request from me. Just please, stop.
This is fairly accurate, machomuu. As I said, I'm just going to exit the RP, that way the primary conflicts will resolve themselves. I appreciate the wisdom of this post, though. I do want to say this, though: I haven't been challenging anyone at this point, really. I've been on defense for quite some time, because I know any 'attack' will start a war that I'd much rather prevent.

@DuskLunacy: I'll ask you to vent your anger elsewhere because as legitimate as your points are, when directed at Lilizuki I doubt they'll have any sort of impact. At all.

With all the disagreements that have happened, I've realized long ago that you can't have Lili here without someone eventually disagreeing (a disagreement is not an argument and is not bad) with her. It's just how opinionated people are. Expect something else and you'll be disappointed. It's like going into Pacific Rim expecting something other than giant robots fighting giant monsters. Or like going into R+V expecting something other than panty shots. If you feel the disagreement is becoming an argument, you just cut off the conversation. Don't try going on a tirade hoping that she'll change because all you'll get is a snarky response.
Geras, your words are always well-placed. However, it was less of a venting, and more of admitting what I've felt for quite some time now. I was seething, but I've trained myself to resist letting the rage mix into my writing. I know any attempt to reason or resolve the issue with her is utterly pointless. That's why I'm taking the best option, in taking my leave.

I don't see this working in any other way. I've tried multiple solutions personally, and others have tried their own methods, but nothing works. It seems the only option is to separate and avoid any further contact.

That said, I'll miss RPing with you guys. Youkai is a fantastic RP and seems to be replacing PTA ever so slowly. I hope you guys continue to make it great.

Back