The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
Emerald POKEMON FLORA SKY (Final Version Available!)

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

View Poll Results: Do you want to have some Fake Pokemon in this hack?
Yes 31 34.83%
No 58 65.17%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 28th, 2011 (2:19 PM). Edited March 28th, 2011 by dblanchette93.
Nostalgia Junkie

Nature: Modest
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nazz13 View Post
    Hello..Do i need to patch the Official patch if i want to patch the complement dex version??(what does the complement dex version do??) sorry cause I am 1 hell of a noob guy (o_o)
    The newest version includes everything you need. And if you need any help with getting from Gym to Gym, then I have an English Walkthrough here for you. That goes for everyone as well.

NOTE: The translation is quite rough, but I plan on making it better to the best of my abilities. As of now, it's clunky and hard to understand.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrjimi16 View Post
    I took a bit of time to Google Translate the bits in the guide where Steven is mentioned:

Spoiler:
    There is a little change, Mr. Steven suddenly called to say that want to challenge you. Cynthia ever mentioned him at the Honey Village. Needless to say, he is at a special nha6nv. To find the Steven you do the following:

- Welcome To Route J, male use Surf, Rock Smash, then there will be a small cave, in the last one will find Steven.

- By the Golden City, meet in front of Sky Trainer Hill and play with him.

- Get Pokeflute app. From the Sky

- Use it to wake Snorlax above.

- At Woods Hole, on the vacant land is found around 4 stone

Click the following order: bottom right, top left, top right, bottom left. Secrets complete a house will appear

Steven in the house. Then you find he was 2.

Bay City on Malias

In Malias Library. Find Steven there

Steven and you discover a secret room that previously mentioned leira Leader.

In talking to Steven and Mission ends. But you need to go and see Steven in his home in New Area L actually finish this task. But now you have not been able to get there.

Read the book that Steven is pouring in

Then it goes on to mention Groudon and Kyogre. I guess this could be it because you said something about woods and, well, Hole Woods. :)

Also, to the guy asking about heartscales earlier, I just found one in Water Cave, it's an unseen item.
    Thank you, mrjimi16, that helps a whole lot.
    Old March 29th, 2011 (11:53 AM).
    The Green Lucario

Nature: Lax
      Oh no, I'm in a battle with a Gastly and I'm using a Zigzagoon. The Gastly used Mean Look and Zigzagoon only knows Rock Smash, Tackle, Tail Whip and Growl. Gastly knows Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, and Mean Look... What should I do??? ;w;
      Old March 29th, 2011 (2:48 PM).

Can someone plz tell me where the yellow shard is
        Old March 29th, 2011 (5:23 PM). Edited March 29th, 2011 by dblanchette93.
        Nostalgia Junkie

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Camden298 View Post
          Oh no, I'm in a battle with a Gastly and I'm using a Zigzagoon. The Gastly used Mean Look and Zigzagoon only knows Rock Smash, Tackle, Tail Whip and Growl. Gastly knows Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, and Mean Look... What should I do??? ;w;
          Um... There's nothing you can do? I don't know why you'd ask. >.> Perhaps you can hack and make it so you can learn dark magic? Lmao, there really is no answer to that question, sorry. Oh, wait, you could spam Potions on your Zigzagoon until Gastly uses up Lick, then let him use up the rest of his attacks until he has to use Struggle. From there, let him kill himself! I guess there really is a way, so long as you have plenty of Potions.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Skate_Magic View Post
          Can someone plz tell me where the yellow shard is
          This one took me a while too, here goes: Go to Platepics, go through the rightmost exit, when you are out of that little house connection, go down, get on your Mach Bike, scale the mudslide, then go down to that haunted house that you found the Platepics Gym Leader (The second Gym Leader) at, and use Air Cutter to get past the tree. Inside you'll find your Yellow Shard. Now go catch that Latias/Latios!
          Old March 29th, 2011 (5:49 PM). Edited March 29th, 2011 by mrjimi16.

Quote:
            I think you sir (or madame) are screwed. Unless of course Struggle works on Ghost type, but it's normal isn't it? I suggest restarting form your last save point if you don't want to do what dblanchette93 suggests. To be honest though I wouldn't know if opponents can get to struggle. But then again I have never had a Zigzagoon get mean looked by a Gastley. I guess the question you must ask yourself is whether or not what you have done since your last save is worth a couple hundred turns of boredom, because honestly whatever you had done, you could probably redo several times over in the time it would take to get through that battle.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by nazz13 View Post
            Hello..Do i need to patch the Official patch if i want to patch the complement dex version??(what does the complement dex version do??) sorry cause I am 1 hell of a noob guy (o_o)
            I can't say I know what you are talking about. What is this compliment dex version? I would assume that makes the Pokedex bigger, but other than that, can't say I have any idea. If it is specific for this hack then you *should* be able to just patch a clean rom with the final patch. The only real help I can offer is to backup everything and just poke around. Try patching the patch just make sure everything is UPS or else it definitely won't work. If you can give me a place to find the file I could try to get it to work myself (though no promises of getting it done right will be made).
            Old March 29th, 2011 (6:46 PM).

..complete pokedex please!!...
              Old March 29th, 2011 (6:47 PM).
              Nostalgia Junkie

Quote:
                I think you sir (or madame) are screwed. Unless of course Struggle works on Ghost type, but it's normal isn't it? I suggest restarting form your last save point if you don't want to do what dblanchette93 suggests. To be honest though I wouldn't know if opponents can get to struggle. But then again I have never had a Zigzagoon get mean looked by a Gastley. I guess the question you must ask yourself is whether or not what you have done since your last save is worth a couple hundred turns of boredom, because honestly whatever you had done, you could probably redo several times over in the time it would take to get through that battle.
                I didn't mean make Zigzagoon go into Struggle mode, but make Gastly, since Gastly only has one offensive attack, it shouldn't be too hard to get him to get the that point. Just note that Struggle is not exactly a weak move, Camden298, have those Potions ready, and just let him kill himself, shouldn't be too long because the recoil Struggle deals is pretty massive. I think Struggle isn't any particular type, so even if you want to use mrjimi16's idea you'll get the same basic outcome. I've gotten almost every Legendary to Stuggle, because they take so dang long to catch (Note that Legendaries don't enjoy the confines of an Ultra Ball. xD). But, as mrjimi16 said, it would be best just to let yourself lose and get transported to the last Pokemon Center you went into or backtrack to your last save... Yeah that'd definitely be the most sensible thing to do. Unless it's a wild Gastly? You didn't mention that. If it's wild, um, duh, catch it! >.< You also neglected to tell whether or not Zigzagoon is your last Pokemon. I think you left WAY too many fillers out for us to help you. Besides, while I write all this, you are most likely done with that predicament. *Facepalms*
                Old March 29th, 2011 (6:47 PM).

...what are the hacking tools you used in that hack?..
                  Old March 29th, 2011 (7:47 PM). Edited March 29th, 2011 by mrjimi16.

Well if Lick is still Ghost type, it wont hurt Zigzagoon. So the only trouble would be the horrendous amount of time to get Gastley to Struggle. It would be a bit shorter if you don't have battle animations on (I turned it off at the battle with Sky at the Polar Forest) I am sure by now though you have done something.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by dinnocentchild View Post
                    ...what are the hacking tools you used in that hack?..
                    I am going to assume that he just used a hex-editor for this as most hack tools are are IPS and not UPS or the other one (APS?). I spent a lot of time looking for a UPS overworld map editor so I could see where I was going.

This summer when I have time to start my hack, I am not going to put in a Victory Road type route. Hate these. Anybody else agree?

EDIT: Did I just make it through a bit over half of Victory Road with just my Emolga? I think I did!

EDIT2: Well nevermind, I didn't manage to beat Sky, but I did get 4/6 and got him to use a Hyper Potion on Salamance twice...I feel that is a good enough accomplishment, and I don't even mind losing that 175,000 yen.
                    Old March 29th, 2011 (10:08 PM).

Quote:
                      I can't say I know what you are talking about. What is this compliment dex version? I would assume that makes the Pokedex bigger, but other than that, can't say I have any idea. If it is specific for this hack then you *should* be able to just patch a clean rom with the final patch. The only real help I can offer is to backup everything and just poke around. Try patching the patch just make sure everything is UPS or else it definitely won't work. If you can give me a place to find the file I could try to get it to work myself (though no promises of getting it done right will be made).
                      first of all it's a complement dex version not compliment! these two words are very different from each other so please spell them right :D. Secondly, i think this version will include pokemon that the official version doesnt have (maybe some old pokemon will be replaced i guess :) )
                      Old March 30th, 2011 (5:22 AM).
                      The Green Lucario

Thanks a million you guys!! Yeah, sorry I left so much information out, I was really panicking at the time... ^^; But yes, the Gastly was a wild Pokemon, and thankfully by the time I got it to Struggle, I used my only Timer Ball! And I caught it. And no, Zigzagoon wasn't my last Pokemon either... Heh. Well, I'm out of that tight spot now, and I didn't even need to go back to my last Save point which was right before battling Martin... e.e I really ought to save more often...
                        Old March 30th, 2011 (5:30 PM). Edited March 30th, 2011 by dblanchette93.
                        Nostalgia Junkie

Quote:
                          Thanks a million you guys!! Yeah, sorry I left so much information out, I was really panicking at the time... ^^; But yes, the Gastly was a wild Pokemon, and thankfully by the time I got it to Struggle, I used my only Timer Ball! And I caught it. And no, Zigzagoon wasn't my last Pokemon either... Heh. Well, I'm out of that tight spot now, and I didn't even need to go back to my last Save point which was right before battling Martin... e.e I really ought to save more often...
                          I just don't get why you were panicking if that wasn't your last Pokemon. >.<

Quote:
                          Well if Lick is still Ghost type, it wont hurt Zigzagoon. So the only trouble would be the horrendous amount of time to get Gastley to Struggle. It would be a bit shorter if you don't have battle animations on (I turned it off at the battle with Sky at the Polar Forest) I am sure by now though you have done something.
                          Since when do Ghost-type moves not effect Normal-type Pokemon? It's the other way around...

Okay, so I did the Steven mission, I read the book, I stopped Team Magma... Now what?
                          Old March 30th, 2011 (7:22 PM).
                          The Green Lucario

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by dblanchette93 View Post
                            Ugh, I dunno. I'm just weird like that sometimes... xD
                            Old March 30th, 2011 (7:25 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by dblanchette93 View Post

Since when do Ghost-type moves not effect Normal-type Pokemon? It's the other way around...

Okay, so I did the Steven mission, I read the book, I stopped Team Magma... Now what?
                              Since GenI lol http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Type_chart They mutually don't effect each other.
                              Old March 30th, 2011 (7:29 PM).
                              The Green Lucario

Oh and by the way, where would a Riolu or Lucario be found? I really really love Lucario and would be delighted to have one as part of my team... ^w^
                                Old March 30th, 2011 (7:42 PM).

Quote:
                                  Oh and by the way, where would a Riolu or Lucario be found? I really really love Lucario and would be delighted to have one as part of my team... ^w^
                                  You get a Riolu Egg [or you trade for it, dont remember], but you need to max its happiness. Then, if you want both Riolu and Lucario, then you need breed Lucario with Ditto. =3
                                  Old March 30th, 2011 (9:49 PM).
                                  ☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆

Nature: Sassy
                                  Excuse me, I am stuck in this game!!!! I already finished the Elite Four, went to Challenge Islands and got to the Gloomist Forest event. I checked what should I do next and got all the shards then went to the peak of Mt. Fullmoon but I needed Rock Climb so now I searched where is Steven but I couldn't find him... So, what should I do? Is there some sort of event that I missed or I shouldn't do this event first or what? Please help me!!!! Thanks!!

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
                                  Old March 31st, 2011 (2:46 AM).

You will have rock climb later, now you should find other way to peak (first entrance on right in the cave than search xD)
                                    Old March 31st, 2011 (6:26 AM).

if your stuck on mt fullmoon look at this video in youtube, just write youtube.com then this, " /watch?v=10ymy9Sx1ec&feature=related"

Right now im stuck at the sky pillar where you have to get Rayquaza, that stupid bike puzzle always gets me, why did there have to be bike challenges!! uggh
                                      Old March 31st, 2011 (6:57 AM).

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by veniceb112 View Post
                                        Right now im stuck at the sky pillar where you have to get Rayquaza, that stupid bike puzzle always gets me, why did there have to be bike challenges!! uggh
                                        I know. I'm playing this on my Droid, all touch screen, really hard to get the buttons to push like that.
                                        Old March 31st, 2011 (9:36 AM).
                                        The Green Lucario

I'm currently grinding to get past the third gym -_- Stupid Lanturn!!! Uggh...
                                          Old March 31st, 2011 (10:12 AM).
                                          Beginner Hacker

Nature: Calm
                                            where is the pokeblock case?

Old March 31st, 2011 (12:25 PM).

Awesome hack! It would be cool if you added the black/white legendary pokemon (zekrom reshiram and kyurem)
                                              Old March 31st, 2011 (12:34 PM).
                                              Quaresma.pl Quaresma.pl is offline

Quote:
                                                I'm currently grinding to get past the third gym -_- Stupid Lanturn!!! Uggh...
                                                Nah xD I love Lanturn, one of the best pokes. He was my fav when i played pkm brown edition :D

Old March 31st, 2011 (1:53 PM).

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Quaresma.pl View Post
                                                  Nah xD I love Lanturn, one of the best pokes. He was my fav when i played pkm brown edition :D
                                                  Ahhh Pokemon Brown, that was a very well done hack, can't wait til he finishes Rijon Adventures, the FireRed-esque remake.

Quick Reply