• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which Starter do you choose in G/S/C?

Which Starter do you choose in G/S/C

• Total voters

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
I went with Cyndaquil on my first run, and I remember it became a very powerful Typhlosion that I had for a few years. I felt like a boss with it :p

Sparkywalkthroughs

join the adventure
Years
Cydiquil for sure! His final evolution is beyond awesome :)
but then sometimes it'll be chikorita becasue i love bulbasaur so it's almost fitting..

Lesqx

eRepublik Player
Years
First time i choose cyndaquil.. now, i choose totodile. great evolutions, skills etc etc :)
And i love water pokemons! ^^

Charcoal92

Banned
Years
Totodile for me. My brother picked Cyndaquil so I picked his weakness. It was our way of playing until Gen 4 where I picked fire and he picked water.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
I chose Tododile. It looks the coolest and I very rarely chose Squirtle in gen 1, since I love Charizard's looks and Bulbasaur was more useful against the first four gyms. I had a lot of fun with it, especially since it was my first Pokemon that could learn dark type moves (take that, pesky psychics! And, I totally didn't abuse the Alakazam imbalance in Gen 1...).

I chose Cyndaquil a lot just because I loved the look as a kid, now I choose Totodile over all. I simply love his stats and early evolution.

Really? My feraligator has lousy stats, though I still love it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
First time I ever played, I chose Cyndaquil because I was a fan of the Fire type. Since I like all three of the Johto starters, I switched around who I started with each time I played the game. But since I don't want to spend a lot of time building a team in the early game, I don't pick Chikorita as much as the other two. The last time I played, I started with Totodile, and he proved to be useful.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Well, when I initially started Gold, I went with Cyndaquil. I liked its design best at the time (still do adore it, actually) and it does fit my battling style best still, to this day.

After a try with Chikorita (which was... not all that great, although on more recent runs I've learned how to utilize it a bit more properly due to being smarter than I was back then) it was Totodile's turn... and I don't know why, but I fell in love with the little guy. So it's been Totodile ever since.

Years
I started with a Totodile named Toto. So imaginative. I think my two friends and I decided to all choose different starters? Can't remember why I ended up with Totodile though.

Years
I always chose Cyndaquil when I played Gold and Crystal ! I liked him the first time, then the rest just became tradition. ... Actually I did pick Chikorita once, but it just wasn't the same !

Tek

Years
I usually go with fire types since you usually can't get a good fire type til later in the game. I always thought cyndaquil was the coolest-looking of the three.

That said, they're all good. Feraligatr makes a great HM slave and Meganium is a great buffer with light screen, reflect, synthesis, and sleep powder.

TheGuitahHeroe

i make songs with a computer
Years
I don't remember which one I picked the first time I played the game, but my favorite starter of the three is definitely Cyndaquil. I loved fire types and Typhlosion was sweet

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Cyndaquil, because Typhlosion is very cool.
In 2nd gen I always picked Cyndaquil over Totodile back then because I didn't know how good Totodile was.
And in 4th gen, I pick Totodile over Cyndaquil since Totodile is a Physical Attacker while Cyndaquil is a Special Attacker which I don't like very much.

Aegis Gundam

Four-Legged Robot
Years
Cyndaquil.

When I played gold for the first time, I had a suspicion when I saw the silver watching the Pokemon lab out of the window, its position was prefixed in the Pokeball of Cyndaquil, I did not choose not handle it because the silver would steal.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I chose Cyndaquil, because whenever I can't choose between the three starters I always default to the fire type. Honestly though, if I were to start again, I would choose Chikorita. It's the cutest starter ever, in my opinion, and it has a pretty solid moveset.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
I've literally only used Chikorita once, and if i recall correctly it was because I had just watched an anime episode with Ash's Chikorita/Bayleef messing things up. It's always between Totodile and Cyndaquil, and normally i go with Totodile. It just depends on if I want to have him as my main surfer, or catch a different water pokemon.

Back