• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Pokemon Platinum Version Retype Project! (COMMUNITY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
so should i do it pure water type or?

I feel like you can pass it off as water/poison if you make the water look less like Sand and more like Sludge.

Hk6Vh6x.png

Gast pt 2! If anyone wants to fix the second sprite that'd be great! Doesn't look half as good as the first one does.
e: i also botched the coloration. will fix soon

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Well, I'm no professional spriter, but this seems fun. I'll retype Riolu and Lucario into Dark/Ground types, to base them on Anubis the Egyptian god of funerals. This was originally what they were to be based on, but personally, I think their typing ruined the dark theme of Anubis.

Last edited:

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Reminding myself of how to salvage old sprites let me save my old Fire/Ice Remoraid and Octillery! On that note, we should probably take a break from fire types for a little bit lol
o4qhjAu.png

NnhIHxs.png

UQd9OGM.png

o1FPzji.png

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
I give to you... Riolu, the god of funerals.

AnubisRiolu_zpsfabd57a3.png

AnubisRioluBack_zps940afd89.png

I took the liberty of adding the sand, if that's all right. Lucario's coming up soon.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I feel like the sand is arbitrary, and that's too bad because the rest of it looks fine.

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
fighting snorlax looks nice but it looks incomplete. don't know why but :P

Years
Fire/Fighting Snorlax is done. I hope that you like it.

vNhCzd4.png

dduA1BL.png
The boxing gloves look very un-boxing-glovey. Especially on the back sprite where the line on the hand is shaky. You should add some rims to them. Like a cuff. And the belly looks a bit plain, so maybe you could possibly add a belly pattern dealing with fire or that evokes a more fighting type feel.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
I added the sand because he's supposed to be rising up from the ground. I cut it from Hippowdon's sprite and made it smaller to fit Riolu. I could remove it, I suppose.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
You really don't need the sand, honestly.
Also, I honestly couldn't see any of the Fighting type in that Snorlax. I'd definitely take another look at it. The flames look very odd too frankly.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Here's Slabbit. Slash/rabbit, dark type Buneary. On to Lopunny~ I tried to match as much as I could in regards to way the images have looked so far. Like I said, you may have to edit the background. I'm working on paint here people, haha.

EDIT: I missed two white squares. Fixed that.

View attachment 67515

Alright luckily the format was super easy to fix for this one. Any chance of getting a backsprite for this?
Also let's actually cut back on the number of Fire AND Dark types after this! We have lots of them and not much else! And I know I'm contributing to that problem! But what's interesting about that is DEAL WIT IT

Years
Okay so here is my ice type version of elekid, (electivire will eventually be ice/fighting)

nBVng0F.png
(It looks better without the background)
QpshEbw.png
I hope the backsprite is okay, even though I was just editing it I've never done one before.

Oh yeah I'd also like to reserve the rest of the family!

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Okay so here is my ice type version of elekid, (electivire will eventually be ice/fighting)

nBVng0F.png
(It looks better without the background)
QpshEbw.png
I hope the backsprite is okay, even though I was just editing it I've never done one before.

Oh yeah I'd also like to reserve the rest of the family!

That is the best kind of hilarious! You've got the line my friend!

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Sorry about the Dark typing, dude, but I couldn't see it any other way. Anyway, after this, I've found that changing typing is sort of fun, so I might do Eevee, Vaporeon, and Flareon after this.

I took away the sand and finished Lucario, so without further ado, here is the funeral duo.

AnubisRiolu_zpsbbcfd99e.png

AnubisLucario_zps65f3b3a6.png

AnubisLucarioBack_zps8bbb04fc.png

I personally feel that something's missing from Lucario, but I'm too lazy to change it anymore, so you'll have to make do with this. In all fairness, it is pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Years
Sorry about the Dark typing, dude, but I couldn't see it any other way. Anyway, after this, I've found that changing typing is sort of fun, so I might do Eevee, Vaporeon, and Flareon after this.

I took away the sand and finished Lucario, so without further ado, here is the funeral duo.

AnubisRiolu_zpsbbcfd99e.png

AnubisLucario_zps65f3b3a6.png

AnubisLucarioBack_zps8bbb04fc.png

I personally feel that something's missing from Lucario, but I'm too lazy to change it anymore, so you'll have to make do with this. In all fairness, it is pretty good, if I do say so myself.
I'd be happy to touch those up for you if you're not going to continue work on them. I can see some major issues and not enough changes to the main sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back