• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Awww snap :(... Thanks anyways :)!
oh and what about the abilities, is there a rule for that, or are they passed to the offspring randomly, no matter what gender the parent has and what it's holding?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I looked at FAQ, didn't see it, but can anyone explain the exp system to me? First time playing Black and I have no idea why it's changing on me. ;P Does exp just decrease as you get higher leveled?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I looked at FAQ, didn't see it, but can anyone explain the exp system to me? First time playing Black and I have no idea why it's changing on me. ;P Does exp just decrease as you get higher leveled?

As a Pokémon levels up, it gains less EXP defeating a certain Pokémon than it normally would. For example, if a level 50 Samurott defeats a (wild) level 50 Mienshao, it would gain 1791 EXP. However, if a level 55 Samurott defeats a Mienshao of the same level, it gains less EXP than it would if it was level 50.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
As a Pokémon levels up, it gains less EXP defeating a certain Pokémon than it normally would. For example, if a level 50 Samurott defeats a (wild) level 50 Mienshao, it would gain 1791 EXP. However, if a level 55 Samurott defeats a Mienshao of the same level, it gains less EXP than it would if it was level 50.
It's not just that. This can also be evidenced when quickly leveling Pokémon on Audino "Exp. Share"ing. As in, a Lv.1 baby will collect well over 10,000 on a Lv.47-50 Audino, whereas the higher leveled it becomes the lower it goes. It doesn't only lower at the identical level.

Cyclone

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
How do I make a new Dream World account? I remember going there all the time, but at some point I can't log in with my username and password. So how do I get a new one?

AntiPKMN

[Playing PKMN : White].
Years
I just started playing PKMN : White.

Hey, everyone! If you're reading this I'd just like to say, thank you.

Okay, first off, I just got PKMN : White. I haven't even chose my starter yet. I'm at the point in the game where you choose the PKMN from the Gift Box. This is my very first time playing a Gen. 5 game and to be frank, I don't know anything about the Unova PKMN. Could someone please help me out? What starter should I get? Snivy, Tepig, or Oshowatt? Also, I would like someone, please, to make a team for me. Any tips for my new game would also suffice. Basically, anything to help me out on my new Journey through the Unova region! :'c.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hey, everyone! If you're reading this I'd just like to say, thank you.

Okay, first off, I just got PKMN : White. I haven't even chose my starter yet. I'm at the point in the game where you choose the PKMN from the Gift Box. This is my very first time playing a Gen. 5 game and to be frank, I don't know anything about the Unova PKMN. Could someone please help me out? What starter should I get? Snivy, Tepig, or Oshowatt? Also, I would like someone, please, to make a team for me. Any tips for my new game would also suffice. Basically, anything to help me out on my new Journey through the Unova region! :'c.

Just so you know, in the future questions like which starter should you pick fits here, howeveras for making a team, that's actually against the rules here (and partially completed teams go within in-game team help: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236) so you'll need to have a few things put together before PC can really help you out there unfortunately. :(

Also @ Volcanix, register a new trainer account on the main Pokemon.com website, which'll thus be your PGL account too.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Awww snap :(... Thanks anyways :)!
oh and what about the abilities, is there a rule for that, or are they passed to the offspring randomly, no matter what gender the parent has and what it's holding?

This, I actually know. lol. If you're not dealing with dream world abilities, the ability your baby has will be random (if it can have one of two abilities). For dream world abilities, there is a percentage (50% I think?) chance that the ability will pass if it is on the mother. No breeding males with Ditto for the sekrit stufz, I'm afraid. :)

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
When breeding for a Pokemon, does it matter what the parent Pokemon's natures are? I'm breeding a Metamon (Ditto) with a Caterpie (male) that has a Jolly nature, and I want to breed for one with a Timid nature, but I have breed swarms of them and still no Timid. So do natures of the parents effect the offspring's nature at all? Starting to wonder here.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
When breeding for a Pokemon, does it matter what the parent Pokemon's natures are? I'm breeding a Metamon (Ditto) with a Caterpie (male) that has a Jolly nature, and I want to breed for one with a Timid nature, but I have breed swarms of them and still no Timid. So do natures of the parents effect the offspring's nature at all? Starting to wonder here.

It doesn't matter the nature the egg will always have different natures when hatched.

Years

The natures are completely random, however you can increase the chance of breeding a certain nature if you give one parent an Everstone to hold.

When the Everstone is held by one parent, there is a 50% chance of the baby Pokemon having the same nature as the holder of the Everstone.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Hey, I'm having a hard time with the Dream World, as I'm relatively new to it.
So I tuck in a Pokemon, play the mini-games and the Pokemon go to the Tree of Dreams and if I make a wish, I then have to wake up my tucked in Pokemon, which I don't want to do, because I want to play more mini-games, so that I can catch more Pokemon.
I tried sending the Pokemon to the Tree of Dreams and waking up my tucked in Pokemon, but when I log in to the Dream World the next day, all of the Pokemon have disappeared from the Tree of Dreams :@ :(...
Yesterday I tried playing the mini-game and sending the Pokemon to the Tree of Dreams, and decided not to wake my up tucked in Pokemon, so that the next day I could come back and play more mini-games, attract more Pokemon, so that in the end I can send a bunch of Pokemon to the Entralink and catch them all at once, but the Rainbow had dissapeared.
Anyways, I clicked on Exit and Prepare to wake up, and the game said that the Pokemon that was in my dream board will go to my Entralink and I can catch it after I wake up my tucked in Pokemon.
But the thing is that I do not want to wake up my tucked in Pokemon, because I have other Pokemon in the Tree of Dreams that I want to send to my DS.
Is it possible not to wake up my currently tucked in Pokemon (while having transferred a Pokemon from the Tree of Dreams to my DS, but not catching it yet), visiting the DW tomorrow and be-friending more Pokemon, so that in the end I could catch them all at once?
I'm sorry if I have confused you.
Thanks for any help.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hey, I'm having a hard time with the Dream World, as I'm relatively new to it.
So I tuck in a Pokemon, play the mini-games and the Pokemon go to the Tree of Dreams and if I make a wish, I then have to wake up my tucked in Pokemon, which I don't want to do, because I want to play more mini-games, so that I can catch more Pokemon.
I tried sending the Pokemon to the Tree of Dreams and waking up my tucked in Pokemon, but when I log in to the Dream World the next day, all of the Pokemon have disappeared from the Tree of Dreams :@ :(...
Yesterday I tried playing the mini-game and sending the Pokemon to the Tree of Dreams, and decided not to wake my up tucked in Pokemon, so that the next day I could come back and play more mini-games, attract more Pokemon, so that in the end I can send a bunch of Pokemon to the Entralink and catch them all at once, but the Rainbow had dissapeared.
Anyways, I clicked on Exit and Prepare to wake up, and the game said that the Pokemon that was in my dream board will go to my Entralink and I can catch it after I wake up my tucked in Pokemon.
But the thing is that I do not want to wake up my tucked in Pokemon, because I have other Pokemon in the Tree of Dreams that I want to send to my DS.
Is it possible not to wake up my currently tucked in Pokemon (while having transferred a Pokemon from the Tree of Dreams to my DS, but not catching it yet), visiting the DW tomorrow and be-friending more Pokemon, so that in the end I could catch them all at once?
I'm sorry if I have confused you.
Thanks for any help.
The only Pokémon who should be visiting the Tree of Dreams is the tucked-in Pokémon, who should by then be awake and traveling with you. You have to take that Pokémon to the Tree of Dreams for its dream to come true. Think of it from a real-life standpoint; would you possibly, as another being in the first person, know what the dream was unless the Pokémon specifically told you about it? If you have a brother or sister, do you know right now what that brother or sister dreamed about last nite?

So wake up the Pokémon and go to the tree. Then when the dream comes true, you should have something to catch. That at least is my understanding.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
Hi, I have a quick question about EV Reducing berries:

I understand that these berries reduce 10 Effort Values, I just want to ask if it will still work if a Pokemon has less than 10 Effort Values -like 9 for example. Will it still drop it to zero? Will it tell you if it the berry has worked?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hi, I have a quick question about EV Reducing berries:

I understand that these berries reduce 10 Effort Values, I just want to ask if it will still work if a Pokemon has less than 10 Effort Values -like 9 for example. Will it still drop it to zero? Will it tell you if it the berry has worked?

Yes, the berry with drop it to zero. Iicr, it should say something along the lines of happiness rising and then the stat dropping.

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
In the Game Freak building in Castelia, do you think the male is Zorua. He doesn't speak, just says "..." and then she reads a book about Zorua and he blushes.

The only Pokémon who should be visiting the Tree of Dreams is the tucked-in Pokémon, who should by then be awake and traveling with you. You have to take that Pokémon to the Tree of Dreams for its dream to come true. Think of it from a real-life standpoint; would you possibly, as another being in the first person, know what the dream was unless the Pokémon specifically told you about it? If you have a brother or sister, do you know right now what that brother or sister dreamed about last nite?

So wake up the Pokémon and go to the tree. Then when the dream comes true, you should have something to catch. That at least is my understanding.

Cyclone

You just go to the Entralink after you've made a wish. Then the forest to the North has a boy outside it who will hold any items obtained in the dream. Then you go inside the forest and it will have the Pokemon you dreamed of in the forest.

Last edited:

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
In the Game Freak building in Castelia, do you think the male is Zorua. He doesn't speak, just says "..." and then she reads a book about Zorua and he blushes.

It is actually a zorua. If you bring the event Celebi over from the 4th gen games through the special transfer thingy only for events (I think the relocator?) Celebi will pop out and play with the Zorua, who stops the illusion and you can see it is actually a zorua. The trainer then gives it to you.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It is actually a zorua. If you bring the event Celebi over from the 4th gen games through the special transfer thingy only for events (I think the relocator?) Celebi will pop out and play with the Zorua, who stops the illusion and you can see it is actually a zorua. The trainer then gives it to you.
After these events, you can take a look at the Celebi and you'll find a reference to having met its friend in Castelia City, thereby preventing anyone else from using it in their own game to do the same thing (or one person using it in two games).

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back