• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

halloween?

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
Years
i'm going trick or treating this year(prolly my last year) (mostly for the candy). so yeah, if there's anyone who still goes t&t, what're you going to be?

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
I'm still going trick or treating. o_o *sweatdrop* Last year I went as a Japanese girl, lol. I'm not sure about this year though...

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
Nope, not me, Halloween doesn't exsist in Taiwan. =P But when I move to the US, I'll probally dress up as an Anime charecter. XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
well... i was never thrilled with Halloween... first of all it wastes money to give out candy (yes i'm poor...). secondly i never liked to pretend to be something else. I am who i am.

Years
Well, Halloween, believe it or not, is actually a pretty busy day in the pizza business. Lots of parents want to order early, plus those adults who stay home to hand out candy need food as well. Also,,, this year it will be on a friday, which makes it even possible that it will be busier than normal.
I can't wait!

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
Years
Hoei. I think I'm going to be visiting friends for Haloween. I dunno. Trick or treating is fun. It's an excuse to cosplay and steal candy from your neightbors. n.n- I wish I could still go... or at least answer the door...() (Nobody comes around here... Hoeei).

Scythemantis

retiredededed
Years
Actually our modern halloween combines catholic traditions with mexico's Circa De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) which, for those unfamiliar with it, involves a parade of skulls and skeletons to honor the deceased and make "light" of death as something inevitable and natural. Those who consider halloween a "satanic" holiday are as misinformed as those who call pokemon satanic. Even the satanists themselves lay claim to halloween, but not a one of its traditions has anything to do with them...they're just being idiots.

Anyway, I was born ON halloween (probably the whole reason I'm a horror/monster nut...), so it's an extra special day to me. And y'know something? I haven't stopped trick or treating yet and this year I'll be freaking TWENTY. Man, I feel like a geezer here. (Of course, my girlfriend still does to usually and she's three years older....)

Maybe I won't this year, but that's just because I know of some great costume contests and stuff that might be a better way to show off my bizarre outfits. This year I'm taking a red sheet, painting eyes and black veins ALLLL over it, and cutting a slit down the middle, under which I'll be carrying a large, inflatable rubber eyeball to poke out and animate and stuff. I'm sure I'll get tons of people asking what I'm "from", though, as if a made-up monster is just unheard of. Course, if I use a black sheet, I'll basically be a "Shoggoth" from the literary works of late horror author H. P. Lovecraft...maybe I'll just do that.

Also, my girlfriend is going to take me to Jason's Woods this year. It opened, interestingly enough, just before I was born. I've seen tons of posters/pamphlets for it every year of my life and still haven't gone......it's apparently the biggest, most professional haunted hayride and haunted house attraction in all of america. A $20 ticket gets you the hayride, haunted house/barn, labyrinth, cheesy 3-d show about evil clowns (AAGGGHH!!) and a museum of various creepy things. There's also little extra corny things like sumo wrestling shows and lawnmower drag races or something.

I hope there's a gift shop of cheap doo-dads! Every halloween I collect tons of weird little scary toys and stuff...you know, like rubber bats, glow-in-the-dark skeletons, halloween plushes and windup toys...even pet toys! I couldn't resist buying THIS last year even though it's a dog toy :P ....he's just so cool! You have to be cool to have a button of yourself smoking in a top hat, you know. He also has a bat-shaped cracked hole in his skull, as if a bat crashed through his head. :laugh:

Last edited:

Blaine

Mon chere...
Years
I love Halloween! It is like the BEST holiday EVER! And not because of tha' candy, -_- I always give mine away! I'm going to some party with a few friends and dressing up as Sakura from Street Fighter. Last year I was Kikyo from InuYasha, haha I remember posting that on the boards last year too... Except...I hadn't joined then? I dunno...^^;; But anyway, thas' it, so ya...Heh.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
I dunno... Maybe I should read some horror stories in real life on halloween.

We are planing to see Short Stories turned into movies (halloween related) on Halloween of course.. it's going to be fun.. anyways. :D

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
Years
You are NEVER too old for free candy. Don't pretend you are.

Anyway, I was thinking of taking one of my dad's old suits and being one of the agents from the Matrix, but I'm probably going to end up being something completely impromptu, like a cat or something.

As a side note, I believe Halloween was at one time the New Year's Eve for the Celts...they had all sorts of rituals to go along with it, but I'm having trouble recalling at the moment.

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
Let's see.. I'm dressing up as Freddy from nightmare on elm street cus I LUV his claws! ^^ *hisses* Last year I got in trouble cus I scared them off with my Jason disguse and I was chasing them with my dad's chainsaw. >.<;; It was kinda fun, but I had to apologize to the kiddies for doing that cus I felt bad..

I used to dress up as black kitties! XD Those poor kids. :(

~CaRtOON

Scythemantis

retiredededed
Years
It falls on their new year, yes, but that doesn't actually have anything to do with our halloween.

A lot of different things fall on the 31'st or very close to it (that day of the dead is celebrated on the second of november) simply because it's the transitional month between summer and winter, where everything dies and shrivels or goes into hibernation as the cold replaces the warmth and night. It's not surprising then that it would the beginning of the year for at least a few cultures and inspire a lot of dread and darkness for others.

Back