• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Loved websites

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Which websites online hold a special place to you?

Example:

I really enjoyed a flash gaming site called "Andkon Arcade". Curiously, it still exists. No longer updated and attempting to play anything will result in the death of flash message. However the owner has kept the website hosted.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
mark zuckerberg looking at the above three posts like

Zuckerberg-serious-face.jpg

Years
+1 for Reddit and Pokecommunity atm.

I used to also be active on a forum called YTtalk back in 2013. It was a place for wannabe Youtubers of all kinds to hang out and share growth tips and tricks with each other and all that. Was a pretty active member for about half a year before I fell out of interest with Youtubing.

Even before that was Club Penguin, Miniclip, Poptropica, the Cartoon Network website, Garfield website, Barbie games, Hot Wheels games, Y8.com, and def so many more I can't remember. Browser games were a big part of my childhood~

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Apart from this one?

- YouTube. Since the pandemic I've been watching soo many videos, and as I'm a visual learner, they help me a lot! I love watching videos on art, travel, cooking, crafts, music and make-up especially, or just relaxing vlogs of people's lives in other countries. And Markiplier's horror LPs really helped me get through a tough time last year. I can find childhood cartoons on YouTube and soundtracks from all my favourite games and movies. If I need a new skill, I go to YouTube for a demonstration. So many brilliant videos, for free! It feels like a waste of time when I sometimes lose hours in the day watching stuff, but at least I'm learning. I'm not into the more popular channels though, like joke/meme ones, or pop culture, or screamy LPs. I find them cringey, obnoxious and headache-inducing, but people keep recommending them to me. 😅

- Fanfiction.net. Sooo many nice memories here over the years, I love a good fan fiction!

- A piracy site I actually can't disclose since you aren't allowed to suggest those here. 😇

- Etsy. It's easy to lose track of time going through Etsy; there are so many beautiful items you can buy there. I like supporting smaller businesses too, and think cookie-cutter furnishings/decorations found in most big stores are so ugly - whereas Etsy offers beautiful, varied things made with charm and character.

- Pokémon Database. Where I get most my Pokémon info from! It's fast and nicely organised.

There are lots of sites but I'll add them as I remember them, haha.

Last edited:

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Fanfiction & Art
  • ArchiveofOurOwn is top tier. The tags are wild. I love fanfiction sites.
  • WattPad is low tier trash but I still browse it for some harder-to-find sorts of fics.
  • Fanfiction.net is also low tier trash but I use it for the same above reason.
  • DeviantArt, for both fanfiction and art.
  • Tumblr , ^^^. Also the tags are wild here, too. But the community is toxic af and I'm pretty sure the people on there are terminally online who need to touch grass. It's only slightly less of a cesspool than Twitter (which is no shock; plenty of people left Tumblr for Twitter after the pr0n ban). Oh and I also love customizing my blogs. 😇

Other
  • YouTube, for random videos, music compilations, nostalgic old Let's Players, podcasts, political stuff, horror stories, true crime; it's basically my all-purpose television that I have up nearly all the time. It's got a lot of problems, but it does a lot of things right, too. And it can be a blast to read comments now that we can upvote them. You see a lot less garbage behavior as a casual viewer because of that.
  • There's also a cartoon hosting website that I use a lot, but I dunno if I'm allowed to say what it is 😅

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
spriters-resource.com & its associated sister sites are a godsend

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
PC and Youtube. Though, I don't know if I "love" Youtube. It's more a matter of it keeping me busy when I need some distraction (aka when I'm not working).
I also spend quite a bit of time on a German news website. It's one of these aggregator sites that repost news from other sites but also do some of their own journalist work.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 7, 2023
* TV Tropes - a quite geeky look at media and a good way to discover new interests.
* YouTube - Good at video essays and music, even if it has gone down the gutter otherwise.
* Reddit - Mainly for catching up on fandom information.
* AO3 and Fanfiction.net - good for fanfictions (although AO3 is much better).

Years
DeviantART, Toyhouse, an old defunct forum i used to live in, and now PC too!
I'd say Youtube and Twitter too but those are more of an addiction than a fondness... oops...
EDIT: OH i forgot to say Pokemon Database! I used that site all the time to check types, learnsets and all that; reminds me of good times :)

Back