• 67 replies

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 33 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
33,391 posts
12.1 Years
In case it wasn't obvious, I am Rika/Adventure/Apotheosis with a new username. Just want to be overly clear :D

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.

Age 21
Male
East Coast, USA (Represent!)
Seen February 5th, 2016
Posted September 23rd, 2015
2,480 posts
7.4 Years
Hey, guys! Remember me?

Bad opener. Moving in.

I've missed you all a lot, and I miss being able to write whenever I want, but I'm going to have to say goodbye. For now.

I'm just about to go to college. Getting applications and stuff in. Writing papers for ridiculous English comp classes. All that good stuff that comes with being a senior. It pains me to say that I don't have the time, nor th energy to roleplay at the moment, and a part of of me has died with certain losses to the gaming industry. Please understand. I'll be coming back. I just don't know when.

Until we meet again!
See you, space Cowboys.
-Challenger

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
20,679 posts
7.6 Years
Hey, guys! Remember me?

Bad opener. Moving in.

I've missed you all a lot, and I miss being able to write whenever I want, but I'm going to have to say goodbye. For now.

I'm just about to go to college. Getting applications and stuff in. Writing papers for ridiculous English comp classes. All that good stuff that comes with being a senior. It pains me to say that I don't have the time, nor th energy to roleplay at the moment, and a part of of me has died with certain losses to the gaming industry. Please understand. I'll be coming back. I just don't know when.

Until we meet again!
See you, space Cowboys.
-Challenger
I hope you don't mind but I've moved this here since it seemed more appropriate than a thread. Anyway, life does get pretty busy especially when you start moving into college/university so best of luck! Hopefully we'll see you back here someday soon.

Ice

Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted February 25th, 2019
3,451 posts
5.4 Years
Hey, guys! Remember me?

Bad opener. Moving in.

Until we meet again!
See you, space Cowboys.
-Challenger
Higher education sucks away time, I feel you. I've minimized the amounts of RPs I'm in myself too. It can be really hard to manage. Good luck with your college degree.

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 33 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
33,391 posts
12.1 Years
Hi lovely roleplayers. Life nowadays doesn't allow me time to spend on roleplaying. So I'm stepping down as a mod. But you are so well behaved and wonderful, gimmepie can handle you c: thanks for everything!

Ice

Seen 3 Weeks Ago
3,451 posts
5.4 Years
Hi lovely roleplayers. Life nowadays doesn't allow me time to spend on roleplaying. So I'm stepping down as a mod. But you are so well behaved and wonderful, gimmepie can handle you c: thanks for everything!
Don't worry, RP denizens! I'm here to fill the need. If I figure out how this works, that is.

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll take both just to be sure.

Age 25
Female
Somewhere in my mind ...
Seen January 28th, 2018
Posted November 18th, 2017
124 posts
8.8 Years
How about an easy question, Ice? I couldn't find it anywhere else, so does PC allow private roleplays? (Between just two people, basically.) Everything that I've looked at in the plotting area seems like they're a group affair, but maybe I haven't dug far enough into the backlog.

Ice

Seen 3 Weeks Ago
3,451 posts
5.4 Years
How about an easy question, Ice? I couldn't find it anywhere else, so does PC allow private roleplays? (Between just two people, basically.) Everything that I've looked at in the plotting area seems like they're a group affair, but maybe I haven't dug far enough into the backlog.
A roleplay has to have 4 or more players, including the GM, to be hosted here. If you want to RP with two people, and are struggling to find a location for that, I advise Etherpad! We use it for joint posting a lot, which is basically a two person RP. I don't know how long it saves text after it's been used, so you'll have to check that out. The way it allows multiple people to write add the same time and interact on the pad is great though, and you could always make backups in Word. I'm not a veteran in one on one roleplaying, though, so there might be better alternatives out there.

SeleneHime

Age 25
Female
Somewhere in my mind ...
Seen January 28th, 2018
124 posts
8.8 Years
A roleplay has to have 4 or more players, including the GM, to be hosted here. If you want to RP with two people, and are struggling to find a location for that, I advise Etherpad! We use it for joint posting a lot, which is basically a two person RP. I don't know how long it saves text after it's been used, so you'll have to check that out. The way it allows multiple people to write add the same time and interact on the pad is great though, and you could always make backups in Word. I'm not a veteran in one on one roleplaying, though, so there might be better alternatives out there.
Well, I feel like a dork. Was rereading the rules while I waited for a response and realized I glazed right over that part of it. My apologies for stupid questions. ^_^"

Ice

Seen 3 Weeks Ago
3,451 posts
5.4 Years
Well, I feel like a dork. Was rereading the rules while I waited for a response and realized I glazed right over that part of it. My apologies for stupid questions. ^_^"
Don't worry! It's easy to miss text, even when it's nicely bullet pointed, haha. Pride yourself in the fact that you've read the rules :p

SeleneHime

Age 25
Female
Somewhere in my mind ...
Seen January 28th, 2018
124 posts
8.8 Years
Don't worry! It's easy to miss text, even when it's nicely bullet pointed, haha. Pride yourself in the fact that you've read the rules :p
Seems a bit like a participation medal when everyone should~ be doing that, but okay. ^_^"

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
20,679 posts
7.6 Years
Seems a bit like a participation medal when everyone should~ be doing that, but okay. ^_^"
Just to add to this a little, you're welcome to get in touch with any of the Ruers here and request participation in a private roleplay (so long as you're not breaking any rules/pestering - which I'm sure you wouldn't anyway) we just don't host that kind of RP onsite.

SeleneHime

Age 25
Female
Somewhere in my mind ...
Seen January 28th, 2018
124 posts
8.8 Years
Just to add to this a little, you're welcome to get in touch with any of the Ruers here and request participation in a private roleplay (so long as you're not breaking any rules/pestering - which I'm sure you wouldn't anyway) we just don't host that kind of RP onsite.
Duly noted, and thank you. Sorry again about the oversight.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
20,679 posts
7.6 Years
Duly noted, and thank you. Sorry again about the oversight.
It's not a problem! Helping is what we're here for. Welcome to the RPT by the way, I hope you enjoy it!
Male
Seen January 13th, 2016
Posted December 14th, 2015
25 posts
7.4 Years
This place seems to have gotten more fancy :o Hello! I haven't RPed here since Alter Ego left and someone replaced them. I drifted apart from old friends, entered college, and didn't have anymore time. Recently, I have graduated! YAY. I've also been picking up more tabletop games with old college buddies. So I have decided to return to roleplaying, maybe.

I want a creative outlet to spill these ideas that overflow from my imaginative and paranoid head (I studied germs in school so the level of paranoia is over 9000, clearly :3). But! I'm kind of intimidated by how much things have changed. So I wanted to say "hi" and then shuffle off to some corner while I manage to tackle these changes from like 7 years ago :o

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
20,679 posts
7.6 Years
This place seems to have gotten more fancy :o Hello! I haven't RPed here since Alter Ego left and someone replaced them. I drifted apart from old friends, entered college, and didn't have anymore time. Recently, I have graduated! YAY. I've also been picking up more tabletop games with old college buddies. So I have decided to return to roleplaying, maybe.

I want a creative outlet to spill these ideas that overflow from my imaginative and paranoid head (I studied germs in school so the level of paranoia is over 9000, clearly :3). But! I'm kind of intimidated by how much things have changed. So I wanted to say "hi" and then shuffle off to some corner while I manage to tackle these changes from like 7 years ago :o
Nice to meet you Fenice! You'll find that things haven't changed quite as much as you'd think really, the only big difference is that we now have a main forum for discussions about all things RP! You can find all OOC stuff in the casting section and everything IC inside the Stage section. There's still a few people hanging around from those old days too, so don't think you'll be the only one either.

If you have any questions feel free to direct them to Ice or myself. Have fun!

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 33 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
33,391 posts
12.1 Years
So how about that revival rule? Can we post in Theatre threads over a month old? :)

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 33 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
33,391 posts
12.1 Years
So how about that revival rule? Can we post in Theatre threads over a month old? :)
When mods don't solve your problems, become a mod and solve them yourself!

We decided to add a rule (shows up as rule #5 now)

Theatre threads (threads made in the main forum, as opposed to RP threads made in Casting/Stage subforums) can be posted in for up to 2 months after the last post! Meaning, the usual PokéCommunity guideline of threads being dead after 1 month is extended to 2 months in the Theatre.
Happy discussion!
Advertiser Content