• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 351 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.2%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Hi. Awsome game. Love the changes, but it seems that there is a problem with Yanma: it doesn't have Ancient Power in its moveset(yeah, I understand that it was like this for a while but since we now have Yanmega, Yanma should have it). Does it have an alternate evolution method because I don't know how to make it have Ancient Power?

Edit: For some reason, Magmar can't evolve(I know the evolution method but nothing happens when I attempt to evolve it) and the entering the Lilycove Museum sends the player in front of the Battle Tower.

Edit 2: Jeez, I expected some bugs here and there,being released for not a long time, but it seems I discover something new everytime I go back into the game. The ice stone doesn't seem to work properly. What I mean is that my Espeon doesn't evolve and every time I try to use the ice stone it gains a level.

Edit 3: Unobtainable evolution nr.4: Slowpoke doesn't evolve into Slowbro. It doesn't evolve into Slowing either I can still obtain them on Pillar Island, so it's not a big deal.

Edit 4: Wait a minute............ That's what the dude north of the Mauvile P.C. is for, right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 20, 2018
is there any iv/ev checker in the game?
and have you made changes to pokemons base stats?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 1, 2018
Found another bug: I entered in Lilycove museum but ended in battle frontier.Now i could not come back and I don't have the sixth medal to use fly and if i try to lose I end up in the middle of battle frontier, so now I'm stuck. Any help?

Years
hey i really love this hack, first time playing v3 since the starters were different.

not sure if youve thought about it but it would be cool if at the start screen when you press start it makes rayquaza's cry

idk if it would be possible due to limitations but it would be aesthetically pleasing (:

Years
Sadly, I also ran into the Briney situation, and I'm playing on version 3. I went to Dewford briefly to capture an Azurill (Azumarill is a major member of the teams I like to use), then asked Mr. Briney to take me back so I could go east of Rustboro to finally catch an Eevee (while the Azurill is accumulating happiness), to eventually turn into a Glaceon once I got to Meteor Falls. When I finally accomplished that, I returned only to find that Mr. Briney is not at his hut. After running around for a while to see if walking inside buildings would have him respawn at his hut, I resorted to having to use the Walk Through Walls cheat (which I had never used before), and found Mr Briney had docked his ship at Dewford. I'm planning now to go to Granite Cave, so I should be ok at this point, but that was surprising to come across that. Other than that weird scenario, I have been enjoying this hack so far.

EDIT: Ice Stone isn't working for me either. I've stopped playing the game for now since I really wanted a Glaceon for my team.

I also noticed that if you exit from the Corgeit Chamber, there is a ledge in front of the slope that allows you to get to the cave entrance, meaning until the map is refreshed, you cannot return to the place once you jump down the ledge.

Was it also intended that once you get close to Meteor Falls, you cannot return to Fallarbor Town without going back through Rustboro and Mauville again?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2018
I love this rom hack, it's a "simple" hack (not too much extreme stuff in it, but the right amount of fancy changes) which makes it a complete new adventure. The changes in the map are brilliant and the type changes are cleverly thought of. I also enjoy the ds game sprites used for the Pokemon.
Very well done!

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Edit 3: Unobtainable evolution nr.4

Sadly, I also ran into the Briney situation

EDIT: Ice Stone isn't working for me either...

I also noticed that if you exit from the Corgeit Chamber, there is a ledge in front of the slope that allows you to get to the cave entrance, meaning until the map is refreshed, you cannot return to the place once you jump down the ledge.

Was it also intended that once you get close to Meteor Falls, you cannot return to Fallarbor Town without going back through Rustboro and Mauville again?

Removed the ledge cause it confused so many people, it reappeared and disappeared based on where you entered the route from, and whether the mirage tower was about, but this was just confusing

The next part is intended, yep.

There's a new patch with hella bug fixes, including a fix for all four broken evolutions
People on old saves will find that the entei and raikou events may potentially not be reachable. Regigigas will definitely be reachable (find iron balls by rock smash in granite cave/victory road), and jirachi will fail to check for an item but will also be fine.

Found another bug: I entered in Lilycove museum but ended in battle frontier.Now i could not come back and I don't have the sixth medal to use fly and if i try to lose I end up in the middle of battle frontier, so now I'm stuck. Any help?

https://mega.nz/#!1oYEEYDa!gceiBXq4On3fwVtNE55fgK2xcXXuWDnQ2_yE0McujII This is a copy of patch 3.02 that additionally changes the entrance of the battle frontier (southeast of the battle factory) to warp you back to lilycove, hope it helps, sorry i couldn't help sooner

Last edited:
Years
Removed the ledge cause it confused so many people, it reappeared and disappeared based on where you entered the route from, and whether the mirage tower was about, but this was just confusing

The next part is intended, yep.

There's a new patch with hella bug fixes, including a fix for all four broken evolutions
People on old saves will find that the entei and raikou events may potentially not be reachable. Regigigas will definitely be reachable (find iron balls by rock smash in granite cave/victory road), and jirachi will fail to check for an item but will also be fine.

https://mega.nz/#!1oYEEYDa!gceiBXq4On3fwVtNE55fgK2xcXXuWDnQ2_yE0McujII This is a copy of patch 3.02 that additionally changes the entrance of the battle frontier (southeast of the battle factory) to warp you back to lilycove, hope it helps, sorry i couldn't help sooner

can i patch this on 3.01? or do i need a fresh start again?

Galexio

Pokémon Professor Assistant
Years
I liked the Fray Manor, as far as exploring it and catching an Ariados.

Did you intend the Fray Manor to be part of a minor event or a sidequest? Or was it part of the expansion of the Hoenn region?

Years
Just wanted to confirm that indeed 3.02 fixes the issue with the Ice Stone. Now I'll be training my Glaceon since I kept my Eevee at the level it was caught. I did, however, use a Walk Through Walls cheat to get the item since I admittingly wasn't too happy to find out I needed Strength to get to it (I don't think it matters much, Glaceon is not a Pokemon you'd want to use against Flannery, and I left the area right after getting the item).

Just for anyone searching for how to get Glaceon in the future, unless you want to cheat, you will have to defeat Flannery first so your Pokemon can use Strength in the field. After that, you can directly access the icy area of Route 115 by using Strength on the boulders just outside Meteor Falls on the Rustboro side. It will be the item to the right you can see as you begin the climb. Leaf Stone you can get right away without Strength, just head a little further south on Route 115 and hang a right, but don't jump down to return to Rustboro, or you've gone too far south. This means you can get Leafeon before Flannery.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
In version 2.55 the Ralts line (well at least Ralts and Kirlia, didn't get it to lvl 30 yet) has Telepathy as its second ability instead of Magic Guard (stated in the .doc). Is this fixed in 3.01?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Anyone know where you can get the Razor Claw? I want to evolve my Sneasel but I can't seem to find one.

NeonGeaso

Neon
Years
The safety specs crash my game, along with the emulator.

started playing a few days ago, and would say this has been one of the most enjoyable rom hacks I've played.

but, I've also encountered this problem, if I go over safety specs in my bag, the game and emulator crashes. cannot use items after safety specs as a result

These are still relevant right now. the Safety Goggles were not fixed and still crash my game. the 3.02 patch did not work in helping out this bug as the texture is still glitched and the same error occurs with my GBA emulator. Could you please start working on a fix for this so i do not have to rearrange my bag to have 8 of my slots filled with mail just to keep myself from crashing.

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
These are still relevant right now. the Safety Goggles were not fixed and still crash my game. the 3.02 patch did not work in helping out this bug as the texture is still glitched and the same error occurs with my GBA emulator. Could you please start working on a fix for this so i do not have to rearrange my bag to have 8 of my slots filled with mail just to keep myself from crashing.

I have already put out a fix.

in the current patch I have functionally removed the old version of the safety goggles and replaced it with a new version, and then done the same for the palette and icons for both the old and new versions of the item.

but you're right, this doesn't remove the item from the bag pocket in old saves. doing so is impossible!

Regardless, here is a patch that adds a weird box in Mauville that you can talk to to destroy the old item and hopefully reset its poke ball. I haven't had time to test this patch fully but it should remove the item from your bag and then allow you to obtain the new version.

https://mega.nz/#!I0QmVCAZ!drFZUWMGNRtAzG042FBRMnDZqd5wo1UC1VXn4dNRtis

Last edited:

Text

Wolf
Years
There's a bug when going further right of the desert the game freezes. Not sure if it happened to everybody else but...

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
Hey man i find your hack very good, the only thing that bothers me a little is that some maps quite messy imo (although often creative), so have you planned to update some of them in the future ? (or maybe edit some tiles but i know that it's not so easy.)
Good luck for the rest of your hack bro, it is very fun to play :)

(PS : Sorry if my english isn't perfect, i'm a french guy :p )

Last edited:
Years
Is the Entei encounter at Fiery Path the only time you can capture it? I really want the Fire Stone for Vulpix, but I am not in a position to try to catch a Legendary at this time (I suppose I could grab Ultra Balls if stores carry them after beating Norman). I'll probably return to this area later once I think it's about time to evolve Vulpix if this is the only way to get Entei.

EDIT: Also, I cannot locate Pa'I Canyon. I really want that Dawn Stone. At first I thought the place was at route 114, and there is a path to something there, but Waterfall is needed.

EDIT2: I just defeated Norman the hard way relying on Skarmory when I could have faced him with a Gallade. I didn't know I had access to this place when I could access all of Route 111. lol

EDIT3: I keep encountering this "Glouna" when surfing. There's a pause for a few seconds, then the battle proceeds like normal. It can be attacked, too, though the EXP offered for defeating one is not great. I eventually caught one and it was labelled a "sp00ky" Pokemon...and then poof, it's gone. Must have been a test Pokemon, but it still can be encountered in the wild. Going to reload my save file and resume playing. Also, on Route 109, I'm also encountering what might be a fainted Glouna while surfing...level 0 and 0 HP. Weird encounters.

Last edited:

BrittneySpearsMom

bets haker 2018!!!!1
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 22, 2021
I can't say I've completed the hack (I was Nuzlocking it and lost to Wattson), but from what I did see, this hack offers some very impressive features and is pretty appealing, at least visually. Some of the abilities like Refleggtor are interesting, as well.

Also, not trying to rush or anything, but as an amateur hacker, I'm sure the ROM hacking community would really appreciate ports for the Gen VII abilities to FireRed if that hasn't been done so already. The fact that you were able to get Schooling to work in Gen III is remarkable.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
It's time for a bug report. Porygon2 and Z can't be obtained. Reason? Porygon doesn't evolve.
Edit: Yeah...... I can't get Mantyke because receiving the egg freezes the game. None of the other gen 4 babies does that(yes, I've figured out how to get them). The same thing happens with receiving a Porygon egg.
Edit 2: Final unobtainable Pokemon (except the Legendary Birds due to not all Pokemon being obtainable) is Gliscor. My Gligar just won't evolve.
Edit 3(done just because I wanted to do the math): After 5 minutes of math, I've figured out the percentage of obtainable Pokemon in version 3.03: 411/418 or approximately 98% of the National Dex of this game...... This can be important(or not idk) for people who want to complete the Dex(like me).

Last edited:
Back