• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 2.1]

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Watching this. If only for the new tiles, Emerald never looked this beautiful.

Just one question, where are the wondertrade place and the IV perfecter located?
Thanks for the compliment!
The IV Perfecter is located in the Battle Frontier since I felt that was the most relevant spot for it. The Wonder Trade machine is in an area beneath Littleroot that can be accessed via Rock Smash after defeating the 3rd Gym.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
just a questio: why doesn't the rival battle have the rival bgm
A couple of people have made me aware of this. It's a little strange since I didn't alter those scripts. I'll take a look at it tonight though when I get a chance.

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Thanks!

Another thing I'd like to applaud is the "custom" music whenever you encounter a wild starter/rare mon like Skarmory. It's sure an unique feature, but the music reminds me of a Touhou game which is really neat to me.

Although I have one feature that might be worth adding: Could you add a list of evolution methods to your documentary? Given that I'm not sure later-gen evolutionary items are implemented (ex: Dawn Stone for Gallade and Froslass, Magmarizer/Electrizer/Protector for Magmortar/Electivire/Rhyperior) I'd like it if the evolutions that are altered are in some way mentioned. Maybe for a future update.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Thanks!

Another thing I'd like to applaud is the "custom" music whenever you encounter a wild starter/rare mon like Skarmory. It's sure an unique feature, but the music reminds me of a Touhou game which is really neat to me.

Although I have one feature that might be worth adding: Could you add a list of evolution methods to your documentary? Given that I'm not sure later-gen evolutionary items are implemented (ex: Dawn Stone for Gallade and Froslass, Magmarizer/Electrizer/Protector for Magmortar/Electivire/Rhyperior) I'd like it if the evolutions that are altered are in some way mentioned. Maybe for a future update.
Thanks for the suggestion, Ill make sure to include that in the download when I get the chance. I will answer in a more general sense here too. The Dawn, Dusk and Shiny Stones are all in the game. Pokemon that normally evolve by trade now evolve via Trade Stone which can be bought in the Mauville Game Corner.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Now that you've released Beta 1.1, I'm not longer being told the patch is corrupt. Apparently there was something wrong with Beta 1.0 that was giving me that error.
They should be the exact same mate. Regardless, I'm glad it's working for you now.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I've just added a poll to the thread regarding whether or not I should include DNS in the next update of the game. I'd love to get as much feedback as possible on this. Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 7, 2021
i can't find the IV Perfecter and Ability Switcher anywhere, i looked all around battle frontier and still...
maybe you should put this itens in a less "populated" place....or as a quest reward....idk....or maybe just post a screenshot of where it is? i mean...it's been 1 hour of running around and nothing.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
i can't find the IV Perfecter and Ability Switcher anywhere, i looked all around battle frontier and still...
maybe you should put this itens in a less "populated" place....or as a quest reward....idk....or maybe just post a screenshot of where it is? i mean...it's been 1 hour of running around and nothing.
They aren't items man, they are NPC's. The ability switcher is in a house on the right in Sootopolis. The IV Perfecter is in the house directly above the Pokemon Center in the Battle Frontier. Hope this helps!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Hillsy13,

Have you thought about updating the moves to their later generation's accuracy and power? For example, Fly is still 70BP 95 ACC. That would make this game feel a lot more polished!

Besides that, love the hack!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hillsy13,

Have you thought about updating the moves to their later generation's accuracy and power? For example, Fly is still 70BP 95 ACC. That would make this game feel a lot more polished!

Besides that, love the hack!
Thanks for the kinds words.
I've actually changed a lot of the moves to have their later gen effects/acc/power. Fly must be one I missed unfortunately. Since you brought this to my attention I'll make sure to go through before I release Beta 2.0 and update all the moves I've missed.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Thanks for the kinds words.
I've actually changed a lot of the moves to have their later gen effects/acc/power. Fly must be one I missed unfortunately. Since you brought this to my attention I'll make sure to go through before I release Beta 2.0 and update all the moves I've missed.

Awesome! What else do you have planned for beta 2.0? An EV training cave would be helpful as well.

Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I second updating the power of moves to newer gen standards. I noticed that fury cutter, dig, and bullet seed, among other moves, still have their old power levels. Also it would be great if pokemon and trainer graphics were updated but I realize that could take a long time to change. Thank you again for the hack.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Awesome! What else do you have planned for beta 2.0? An EV training cave would be helpful as well.

Keep up the good work!
So far beta 2.0 is planned to include several new abilities, a deoxys event, the Day/Night system if people are keen enough on it, along with plenty of small changes. Also there actually already is an EV training cave in the hack, just surf south from Mossdeep!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I second updating the power of moves to newer gen standards. I noticed that fury cutter, dig, and bullet seed, among other moves, still have their old power levels. Also it would be great if pokemon and trainer graphics were updated but I realize that could take a long time to change. Thank you again for the hack.
Yeah so as I said earlier they will definitely be updated!
With regards to the trainer and pokemon sprites, neither are going to happen, but there are some key reasons why. With Pokemon sprites, Emerald is the only gba game that uses 2 frames for pokemon sprites, if i replace the pokemon sprites with updated ones, it'll look really clunky since those sprites weren't designed with Emerald's 2 frame animation system in mind. Most emerald hacks just disable the animations to circumvent this but I say that's a cowards move! As for trainer sprites, I would like to keep the gen 3 style as much as possible, plus there isn't really a great resource for trainer sprites.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Is the beta 2 coming soon? I'll wait to that beta to play this hack
It'll be out when I finish it!
In all honesty I've got lots to work on still, you can still complete the game in this beta, so that's what I'd recommend playing for now.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
So far beta 2.0 is planned to include several new abilities, a deoxys event, the Day/Night system if people are keen enough on it, along with plenty of small changes. Also there actually already is an EV training cave in the hack, just surf south from Mossdeep!

Awesome well done!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
So, I finally finished beta 1.1 of Emerald Genesis and thought I'd drop a short review.
1) The re-tiling of the maps really gave the hack a fresh experience attached to it during ny playthrough. One of my biggest gripes with most Emerald hacks is that most of them just use the Vanilla tileset. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Vanilla tileset and as a result, it dissuaded me from playing a good number of improvement hacks and even if I did play one, it ended up feeling like a chore for me.

2) The difficulty of this hack is perfectly balanced, it's neither too easy nor too hard. My first playthrough was a Nuzlocke and trust me when I say this, I've never had this much fun Nuzlocking a hack in a long time until I tried Emerald Genesis.
Each route has a handful of variety which always got me excited during my first encounters.

3) I like how Emerald Genesis treated its Mythical Pokémon as events, just like in DPP/HGSS, and did not leave them as static encounters. This really fleshed out the experience for me because I felt like I was actually earning my Pokémon instead of the standard "Chuck a ball" syndrome or "here's a gift for you" concept.

4) The addition of a new charcater aka Wess from Colosseum. While I was pleasantly surprised to see Wess in the hack, I was a tad bit disappointed to see that he did not make more than two appearances in the hack, nontheless he did add an element of uniqueness to the hack.

5) The buffs given to weaker Pokemon made them quite viable in my playthrough. I really loved how Absol was given a dark + fairy typing and a more solid move pools as well Typhlosion getting huge power. In a Nuzlocke, I normally tend to avoid using Pokémon that u feel won't workout unless I'm out of choices, the buffs given to some of these Pokémon legit eliminated my worries when I encountered them.

6) I've just reached the battle frontier but from what I'm playing, there's a vast improvement from the vanilla emerald such as ensuring that the oponents's Pokemon are alingned properly with the PSS.

Overall thoughts? Y'all have gotta play this and I highly recommend that you Nuzlocke this hack.

Last edited:
Back