Planning Where all the hard work happens. Got an idea? You don't have to be part of the team to share it with us.

Old November 28th, 2016 (3:47 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Alright, so with M-Articuno pretty much done and dusted, next in line would be M-Zapdos. Keeping in line with the ability we did for M-Articuno I figured something like "Charged Climate" would make sense for Zapdos. +1 Speed for Electric types and -1 Atk for non-Electric types?
Old November 28th, 2016 (6:14 AM).
WHOLLY MOLEY

Also Steel-types?
Old November 28th, 2016 (6:45 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5qwerty View Post
Also Steel-types?
We took the water stuff out of Articuno's though so it doesn't seem particularly fair to me.
Old November 28th, 2016 (8:47 AM).
WHOLLY MOLEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
We took the water stuff out of Articuno's though so it doesn't seem particularly fair to me.
Oh, my bad then.

With Charged Climate, wouldn't it make sense to raise SpDef of all Electric-types, since the move Charge raises SpDef?
Old November 28th, 2016 (9:00 AM).

Quote:
Oh, my bad then.

With Charged Climate, wouldn't it make sense to raise SpDef of all Electric-types, since the move Charge raises SpDef?
I suppose it would, I wanted to make it slightly different from Cold Climate though. If people would rather it was always Sp. Def raised though I'm also okay with that.
Old November 28th, 2016 (9:19 AM).
WHOLLY MOLEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
I suppose it would, I wanted to make it slightly different from Cold Climate though. If people would rather it was always Sp. Def raised though I'm also okay with that.
Maybe SpAtk then? I don't think Charge raising SpDef is that intuitive anyway. SpAtk raise makes more sense to me (Speed does too). Was just going with SpDef since original Charge did.
Old November 28th, 2016 (9:47 AM).

Quote:
Maybe SpAtk then? I don't think Charge raising SpDef is that intuitive anyway. SpAtk raise makes more sense to me (Speed does too). Was just going with SpDef since original Charge did.
Let's see what some others say.
Old November 28th, 2016 (12:08 PM). Edited November 28th, 2016 by Deokishisu.
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
    My gripe is the names of the abilities. They're so... blah. Name them after real weather phenomena instead! Polar Vortex for Articuno (Polar Winds?). Supercell for Zapdos (a lot of the more technical "charged atmosphere" things are way too long for an ability name). Firestorm for Moltres.

EDIT: Also, I haven't read anything on your new Lugia form, so I don't know if ability is decided yet, but consider the new Water Bubble. It gives it another resistance (to Fire), prevents burns, and will double the power of all offensive Water-type moves used, giving it a weird pseudo-STAB and allowing it to keep its Psychic/Flying typing.
    For ROMHackers, PokeCommunity is dead after the scandal. If you enjoy the ROMHacking scene, come with the rest of us to Silph Co. It is a forum by ROMHackers, for ROMHackers. None of the bloat of PC, and staff that knows what our subset of the community needs.
    Old November 28th, 2016 (2:04 PM).
    Resident ASMAGICIAN

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post
      My gripe is the names of the abilities. They're so... blah. Name them after real weather phenomena instead! Polar Vortex for Articuno (Polar Winds?). Supercell for Zapdos (a lot of the more technical "charged atmosphere" things are way too long for an ability name). Firestorm for Moltres.

EDIT: Also, I haven't read anything on your new Lugia form, so I don't know if ability is decided yet, but consider the new Water Bubble. It gives it another resistance (to Fire), prevents burns, and will double the power of all offensive Water-type moves used, giving it a weird pseudo-STAB and allowing it to keep its Psychic/Flying typing.
      Or make it have water an invisible third type?

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
      Old November 28th, 2016 (2:59 PM). Edited November 28th, 2016 by Deokishisu.
      Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Touched View Post
        Or make it have water an invisible third type?
        That gives it a 4x weakness to Zapdos. Perhaps give it an ability that grants it resistances to Electric, Ice, and Fire-type moves, while powering up Water-type moves by 50% (100% may be too powerful. The best Araquanid gets is bp 85 physical move (which comes to 255bp after everything is applied). A Water Bubbled Hydro Pump coming off of Lugia would be ridiculously broken). So, a mega-Water Bubble without the status immunity. Stormsurge? Cyclone? Depth Tide (I actually really like this one)? Wetsuit. I don't know. I'm drawing a blank with potential storm/sea related things for the ability. A word that implies that Lugia is surrounded or bathed in water to protect it, while also sounding badass.

Or maybe, instead of resistances, it just nullifies its weaknesses to the 3 legendary birds. Or instead of a big 50% boost, just enough of a boost to Water-type moves to make them STAB-esque with none of the other benefits/drawbacks of being Water-type. A Liquidate ability might be interesting too, but very boring.

EDIT: Depth Tide sort of implies a back-and-forth. Maybe an ability similar to Stance Change that swaps its defensive and attacking stats? I'm just spitballing here. "The tide rolled in!" (Lugia's now more offensive). "The tide rolled out!" (Lugia is now more defensive). Perhaps a powered up Dive (similar to Shadow Force) or a Spiky Shield variant called Riptide where Lugia dives beneath the waves for a turn and if attacked with contact moves the attacker is hurt, could switch to the defensive tide and be its signature move, while attacking with a Water-type move switches to the offensive tide.
        Old November 28th, 2016 (10:17 PM).
        Pokémon Rose Creator

Nature: Modest
          I don't know if anyone's considered this, but would you want to have the birds change type for their megas? Given the weakness to electric/ice/rock that comes with the Flying typing, I thought of changes that might give them something interesting to play with in their Mega forms:

Articuno: Ice/Fairy (And then give Articuno Dazzling Gleam or Fairy Wind)
          Zapdos: Electric/Dark (And then give it access to Dark Pulse)
          Moltres: Fire/Ghost (Shadow Ball Moltres?)
          Lugia: Psychic/Dragon (its serpentine form could make this fit)
          Rose Discord
          Paired with Jake <3

Join the PC Romhacking Discord today!

Old November 29th, 2016 (5:39 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post

The names are just place holders (or I intended them to be), I'm quite fond of your suggestions xD

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Bela View Post
          I don't know if anyone's considered this, but would you want to have the birds change type for their megas? Given the weakness to electric/ice/rock that comes with the Flying typing, I thought of changes that might give them something interesting to play with in their Mega forms:

Articuno: Ice/Fairy (And then give Articuno Dazzling Gleam or Fairy Wind)
          Zapdos: Electric/Dark (And then give it access to Dark Pulse)
          Moltres: Fire/Ghost (Shadow Ball Moltres?)
          Lugia: Psychic/Dragon (its serpentine form could make this fit)
          Didn't we agree a while back that we didn't want to change their types? I'm sure that was a thing. OR was that just in my head?

Quick Reply