• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports General Sports Chat. All Sports Welcome

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
That would be nice but it doesn't look like it would happen unfortunately
Hopefully the Lions destroy the Falcons

Considering how the Lions actually have a running game this year, I could see them taking the division title from the Packers. That was a very convincing performance against the Falcons that ultimately should have been a W if not for an agregiously dumb NFL rule.

Years
Considering how the Lions actually have a running game this year, I could see them taking the division title from the Packers. That was a very convincing performance against the Falcons that ultimately should have been a W if not for an agregiously dumb NFL rule.

I'm not sure I can say with confidence that the Lions have a running game; the 91 yards from Abdullah against Minnesota will likely prove to be a fluke. I'd say the Lion's defense is performing at an elite level this year though, mostly thanks to their safeties. Looking forward to Carolina!

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
As of last night, the Lynx are now WNBA champs for the 4th time in the last 7 seasons on their 6th Finals appearance in those 7 years.

Well that just means I can't pick them to be my team, otherwise I'd be labeled a bandwagon fan.

The search continues.

Years
And in tennis news, Simona Halep has been crowned the new WTA World No.1!

She was able to claim the top ranking by defeating French Open champ Jelena Ostapenko in the China Open semi-finals. Fifth time this year we've seen a new women's No.1 for your information.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I'm not sure I can say with confidence that the Lions have a running game; the 91 yards from Abdullah against Minnesota will likely prove to be a fluke. I'd say the Lion's defense is performing at an elite level this year though, mostly thanks to their safeties. Looking forward to Carolina!

Do you think that with Minnesota having "injury" issues at QB and the unpredictability of the Packers that the Lions can win the division? Also F the Panthers :P

Years
I haven't had as much time to follow the NFL as I'd like this year, but all I know is that I'm in 2nd place out of 65 in my work's football pool, and that it's a pretty good time to be a Chiefs fan right now (then again, after what happened in 2003 and 2013, I'm not getting too excited just yet).

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Given the way the Lions have been winning, they probably won't unless the Packers hit a slide.
Yeah, I can't put my finger on the Panthers just yet cause they've had some ugly games so far. Still, at least the idea that the NFC South is one of the toughest divisions may still hold true.
I haven't had as much time to follow the NFL as I'd like this year, but all I know is that I'm in 2nd place out of 65 in my work's football pool, and that it's a pretty good time to be a Chiefs fan right now (then again, after what happened in 2003 and 2013, I'm not getting too excited just yet).

Let's see Kansas City actually do well in the playoffs first. Than I'll believe the hype.

Years
Nah, Case Keemun is a bum lol. It would have been a bum defense vs a bum QB so I'd let that be a coin flip.

IDK, man. That "bum" shredded Tampa for nearly 370 yards passing. It wasn't like it was just a good game. It was a monster game against a defense that was losing starters to injury seemingly every 10 minutes of play (basically going from better than the Saints at the start of the game to worse than the Saints by the end of the game). And still put up 140 yards in just over a single half of play against the Bears. Granted, we do seem to have found a pair of guys who can get open enough to make great catches in Diggs and Thielen, as they're 5th and 6th in the league in receiving yards respectively, despite spending 3.5 games receiving passes from that "bum".

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
IDK, man. That "bum" shredded Tampa for nearly 370 yards passing. It wasn't like it was just a good game. It was a monster game against a defense that was losing starters to injury seemingly every 10 minutes of play (basically going from better than the Saints at the start of the game to worse than the Saints by the end of the game). And still put up 140 yards in just over a single half of play against the Bears. Granted, we do seem to have found a pair of guys who can get open enough to make great catches in Diggs and Thielen, as they're 5th and 6th in the league in receiving yards respectively, despite spending 3.5 games receiving passes from that "bum".

Yeah, but the Bucs defense is awful against the pass. They're in the bottom third of the league against the pass (ranked 22nd) and have allowed 3 out 4 of their opponents QBs to throw over 300 yards (the one other being Eli Manning, and he still threw for 278 yards with that god awful team of his.)

Case Keenum is a bum, and his career stats cement that:
  • 4 different teams since 2012
  • 28 TD - 20 INT
  • 10-17 Career Record
  • Only 3 games with 300+ passing yards
He's a nomad backup quarterback that had a lightning in a bottle performance against a bad pass defense. I wouldn't rely on him.

Last edited:
Back