• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Best Animation Set/Expansion? Currently using EBS

Rob-120

~Revived~
Years
So I decided a bit ago to start using Lukas S.J.'s Elite Battle System and other scripts, to which I really enjoy.

However, in my current run through to test for bugs I came to the realization that the battle animations are rather bland and repetitive, minus a handful of moves. For instance all the starter moves (Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, etc.) show the same little hit animation. Does anyone know of an expansion for EBS for more animations? (Considering you have to code them in)

If not, does anyone know of a better set of animations using the Vanilla scripts that cover more moves?

Thank you ahead of time.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
Unfortunately not, Luka's current work on EBS is the best you're going to find in both quality and quantity. I'm sure it will be completed eventually but he's only one guy and there are like 500+ attacks even in just gen.5.

If there are any other packs out there, I can almost guarantee they are just like the default essential's attack animations and horribly done by 10 different people with no animation experience.

Sorry :(

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
559 moves currently in Essentials' PBS files, to be specific. And it takes me an average of about 4 hours per animation to get them looking the way they do (mind you I write all the code, and make all the graphics for those from scratch, and have to scour the internet for reference material as well as try to dig up some sound effects for the moves). Given that these are hand-coded, I have much more flexibility in making them as detailed and as true to the originals as possible; but that also comes with the slow pacing that you can freely experience. So unless someone else wants to contribute (as BadSamaritan has done with the sound effects for the moves), that's the best you've got.

That said, there is a toggle in EBS's configuration constants that allows you to use your own AnimationEditor made animations alongside the EBS ones. So if you want to use the animations from the [url="http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/All_Animations_Project]all animations project[/url] in tandem with what I offer in EBS, you can.

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon Reborn has nearly complete animation pack and if I remember correctly, the creator plans to release a pack once all of them complete.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Luka is doing God`s work for us by doing those animations. We should all greatly appreciate him for that, not to mention the EBS he already made for us peasants.

Rob-120

~Revived~
Years
I would like to make it clear I wasn't ragging on Luka. I love the work he has done and his scripts are great.

That said, there is a toggle in EBS's configuration constants that allows you to use your own AnimationEditor made animations alongside the EBS ones. So if you want to use the animations from the [url="http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/All_Animations_Project]all animations project[/url] in tandem with what I offer in EBS, you can.

And thank you, I knew about this function and this set of animations. I was just wondering/hoping there was a community like the all animations project helping you code more for the EBS animations.

Sotireon

Strong pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
It is amazing that EBS has soooo many attacks in it!!!!!! It makes potential fangames have so much more potential than a GBA rom hack that's limited to 3rd gen attack amounts. There's so much potential with EBS or just essentials in general with that 550+ attack amount. We are all interested in seeing more involved animations in Essentials. I will have to check out the all animations project and go from there before I say anything further about dull animations in all things essentials.

Back