• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Current Progress: Working on the Silph Co invasion.
The aim of it will be pretty simple: Get to the top floor to capture the CEO.
Each of the floors is locked down however, and will function as puzzles or mini-boss battles and so on.
Floors 2, 3, and 11 are done. The rest I still need to come up with interesting ideas for.

Trying to find other games that used "Get to the top floor" type missions... But I only know of two. FF7's Shinra Headquarters, and there's one in Saints Row 3.

Also, I think I might take my second post and turn it into a Walkthrough thing. That way I can stay around this difficulty level, but if people get really really stuck they can just check the walkthrough and then keep playing.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I think we need a support banner im re doing my sig atm and i want it in there :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
I really do love the dialogue of this game, and it's great that the puzzles don't really feel forced, like a "fetch quest". Totally would consider the gameplay to be on par with ToxicPurple, and it's nice that you're using the facesets by Pokemon Sho.

Dedenne1

Years
Ya im really quite impressed the only thing i didnt like was the 4th gen people in 3rd gen but it doesnt bother me that much. Kinda wish types had a bigger role and idk if theres critical hits yet

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
I really do love the dialogue of this game, and it's great that the puzzles don't really feel forced, like a "fetch quest". Totally would consider the gameplay to be on par with ToxicPurple, and it's nice that you're using the facesets by Pokemon Sho.

Wow, thanks. I really like writing the dialogue, so I'm glad that you like it! On par with ToxicPurple though... Oh man. That's a really high compliment.

Ya im really quite impressed the only thing i didnt like was the 4th gen people in 3rd gen but it doesnt bother me that much. Kinda wish types had a bigger role and idk if theres critical hits yet

I'm working on the types a bit. There definitely are criticals that happen randomly, but I'm not sure super-effective stuff is working right now.
Immunity works however. The Gastly in the tower are immune to normal attacks, because they are Ghost-type.

Dedenne1

Years
Yes immunity works but super effective doesnt sadly :( im guessing not effective us replaced with null? Duh (facepalm)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Yes immunity works but super effective doesnt sadly :( im guessing not effective us replaced with null? Duh (facepalm)

Null is actually a bit weird. It's when the enemy's defense is higher than the attacker's offense, and so the attack gets nulled. I want to rewrite it so that it at least does 1 damage, but it's not a type thing, just a stats thing.

Dedenne1

Years
Oh ok that makes more sense ok i have like 1 more question (most likely) will pokemon just have all known abilities available to them? Or just a certain number? And will it list types for the new guys who dont know the typings?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Oh ok that makes more sense ok i have like 1 more question (most likely) will pokemon just have all known abilities available to them? Or just a certain number? And will it list types for the new guys who dont know the typings?

I want the Pokemon to have as many moves as is useful. So their movesets might vary from the standard, depending on the move.
My playstyle in games is usually very aggressive, so I favor strong physical attacks more than anything else. In the Pokemon games I never used stuff like Leer or Growl or Agility, because those didn't do damage, so I didn't like them. I saw them as a waste of a slot, since I could only have four moves.
Here, that shouldn't be a problem. Your Pokemon should have every option available to them, at any time.

There should be a type icon next to the skills, showing what kind it is? The only exception to that Bite, because Bite is a dark type move but... Dark type doesn't exist in Gen 1. If it's classified as a Normal move it won't work on Ghosts, but Dark doesn't exist, so right now it's some sort of Other-type move.

Dedenne1

Years
Hmm ok woukd it be easier to implement dark types into the game or make all dark type moves the ??? Type

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Oh, it really is on ToxicPurple's level. The both of you guys managed to demonstrate you can still make something new out of the GameFreak maps, just purely based on perspective, excluding the puzzles that were made. Very inspirational for those wanting an example of how to make a "Play as the villain" game. It's just a shame that no one's really done anything about it, past just changing sprites in the regular games, and pretending you're a member of so and so.

Dedenne1

Years
Oh, it really is on ToxicPurple's level. The both of you guys managed to demonstrate you can still make something new out of the GameFreak maps, just purely based on perspective, excluding the puzzles that were made. Very inspirational for those wanting an example of how to make a "Play as the villain" game. It's just a shame that no one's really done anything about it, past just changing sprites in the regular games, and pretending you're a member of so and so.

I completely agree and when it is completed one day it may even be better

Also on a seperate note i think for the next sidequest the prize should be a pokemon maybe something low level but rare to see.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020

Hopefully you'll enjoy the future updates as much as you liked the beginning parts.
I wish there were a lot more villain games. But you almost never find them as official games. Pokemon Colosseum is probably the closest to stealing Pokemon, and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days was pretty refreshing.
Mostly, there's just not a lot to draw from when it comes to ideas for 'villain stuff'.

Also on a seperate note i think for the next sidequest the prize should be a pokemon maybe something low level but rare to see.

The next Pokemon that I had planned should come about due to plot reasons.

Spoilers
Spoiler:

I do know that I want the third member to be a heavy hitter, something more tanky.

Dedenne1

Years
Hmmmm idk i remember getting a Lapras in Silph but for a non heavy hitting tank im serious here jiggly puff it is quite a tank especially when it evolves and its not a heavy hitter u really cant think of any others in kanto besides muk which isnt tht much a tank well jiggly puff is my suggestion for now

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Hmmmm idk i remember getting a Lapras in Silph but for a non heavy hitting tank im serious here jiggly puff it is quite a tank especially when it evolves and its not a heavy hitter u really cant think of any others in kanto besides muk which isnt tht much a tank well jiggly puff is my suggestion for now

Jigglypuff is admittedly, a bit nonthreatening. But so very, very cute.
Does Jigglypuff and Clefairy have the same advantages though? I always thought Jiggly and Clefairy were pretty similar. Both pink cutesy normal types and all.

I also always thought Rock-types were pretty tanky... up until they got doused in water.

Progress: I've adjusted the basic attack formula a bit, so it shouldn't Null anymore. Instead if it's going to Null you, it'll do 1 damage and your Pokemon won't get injured from the attack like it normally would.
Otherwise, it's the same as before: Normal attacks will do a small amount of damage to your Pokemon, but will do more damage than Skills.

Throwing together some battles on the first 3 Silph floors so there's some experience and money gain. After that I'll be done with those floors altogether.
I think I'll do each thing in 3 floor bursts to make things simpler. So floors 1-3 are one 'puzzle', floors 4-7 are one 'puzzle' and floors 8-10 are the last 'puzzle'.
Each puzzle will get you a keycard that lets you up onto the next tier of floors.

For the support banner I need to resize it a bit more. It's a bit big.
I tend to like more minimalist things in general too, but... Are you guys the same? Basically, what sort of banners would you guys prefer?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
I don't really competitive battle, so I would be no help in picking out a Pokemon that's tanky. If it was up to me, I would just choose some type of uncommon Pokemon around the area, and judge accordingly towards what Smogon says. Wouldn't really know much about Support Banners either xD It looks fine to me right now, and if someone thinks they could do better, then so be it. You would probably find more help in the graphics section of this site.

Dedenne1

Years
Rhyhorn, krabby, sandshrew, jigglypuff, cubone, fossil pokemon? Those are all good tanks that are devolved so that u wont receive this top of the line pokemon the only other one i can think of is shuckle but i only chose gen 1 pokemon. Also i thought of a cool sidequest what about cutting off slowpokes tails? It happended in ss and hg and i thought maybe we can do it as either a sidequest or part of the storyline.

I think it'd be good to choose a fossil pokemon maybe that'd be a good prize and the rockets do search for them and theyre highly defensive but lower on attack kinda perfect

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Also i thought of a cool sidequest what about cutting off slowpokes tails? It happended in ss and hg and i thought maybe we can do it as either a sidequest or part of the storyline.

Hmm, I think Slowpoke things could definitely work. I just have to make sure the player involves themselves in a way that isn't too... gruesome.

For the Pokemon... the fossil Pokemon would definitely be cool. I also really like Rhyhorn.

Dedenne1

Years
Great glad u like the ideas and will look forward to seeing them in the future!

Back