• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Pokémon World Tournament system

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
How to make overworlds appears at the stadiums between rounds

Spoiler:

Attachments

• PWT Guide Event.png
    PWT Guide Event.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 118
  • PWT Controller Event.png
    PWT Controller Event.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 129

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Removing some tournament from list results in bugs. I made a fix:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
hi, i have this error, if i change the entire "def chooseTournament" for the new one, i have this error
Spoiler:

but if i dont change the the entire def chooseTournament, the script work but wiht a error,
if I go into the tournament , when it ends ( win or lose ), my pokemon are on another level,
if was a tournament single , and i choose my pokemon they change his lvl to 50, but when it ends ,
they do not return to their previous level :s

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
hi, i have this error, if i change the entire "def chooseTournament" for the new one, i have this error
Spoiler:

but if i dont change the the entire def chooseTournament, the script work but wiht a error,
if I go into the tournament , when it ends ( win or lose ), my pokemon are on another level,
if was a tournament single , and i choose my pokemon they change his lvl to 50, but when it ends ,
they do not return to their previous level :s
PokéCommunity is breaking codes. For copying scripts at PokéCommunity: Click Thread Tools, and then Show Printable Version, and copy that instead.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 7, 2019
Hey Luka S.J. I love your script but I gotta error

Exception: RuntimeError
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: Section100:653:in `pbBattleAnimation'undefined method `include?' for #<RPG::AudioFile:0xa8df9d0>
***Full script:
PokemonWorldTournament.new

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
PWT:690:in `pbPWTTrainerBattle'
PWT:488:in `startTournament'
PWT:202:in `initialize'
(eval):1:in `new'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1606:in `eval'
Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'
Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'
Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:104:in `update'
Scene_Map:102:in `loop'
Scene_Map:115:in `update'
BW_MapClock:61:in `main'

I'm using BW Essentials V3_1_1 as well can you help me through this please?

BTW I Greatly respect the work you've done you earned a huge shout out from me on my YT channel man. anyways thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Hey. I don't mean to bump a topic that's months old, but I do have a serious question. Let's say you want to add some Gym Leaders to the mix that appear earlier in your game, so you'll need to add another version of them that has Level 50 Pokemon, much like how you make duplicates of Trainers that are in your phone? How do I get the code to read the duplicate Gym Leaders instead of the default ones?

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
I want to know how to make this Script Changes of this post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8614837#8614837

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for posting it here. Maruno told me to post it here, now I saw the last post was on November 15th of 2015. And It's almost 2 Months ago. I´m so sorry
I hopefully wont get banned.

I found out that the Timezone of this forum is : Alaska Standard Time it's from Anchora. Idk if it's right.

Here in my spoiler, you see the Time difference between Alaska and Portugal, I live in Portugal and If you're interested you can take a look:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
So, I just spent the past hour or so fiddling with this script to try and get it working with FL's edits, since the initial edits were only compatible with the base version of the script. Trying to port them into the existing version without editing stuff caused some unsightly issues if you lost a battle, and even now there's still some bugs when you do Sudden Death (I think). I'm.. honestly not sure if it's 100% functioning, but the tests I did showed it working. So here's a crude slamming of the two scripts together.

Pastebin link because you can't trust Pokecommunity worth a damn to not screw up encoding.

Known issues with this based on my testing:
  • Sudden Death mode crashes for some reason? I assume it's Sudden Death at least
  • Whenever you press escape, it takes you to the second-to-last option (Unova Leaders, Sudden Death)
  • There's a weird hang time when you beat the first trainer
  • Skipping a battle in debug mode before the battle starts acts as if you've lost the battle, and boots you out

I am not a coder, and I do not intend to make people believe I am. I just wanted the PWT in my game, and with FL's edits, but since it wasn't working I took it on myself to try and Frankenstein the two scripts together until something worked. I'm almost positive Luka or FL could probably do this a lot better than I could.

The next thing on my list is figuring out how to make tournaments unlockable via switches, so I can have more unlocked over the course of the game. I get the feeling this wont be... too hard? Hopefully, at least! Though, what I want to know is, would it be possible to make trainers that only show up when certain switches are on? Like, for example...

Code:
[PBTrainers::LEADER_7,"Giovanni","What? \nMe, lose?!","I could have never lost to a kid like you!","Kanto","Viridian City"],
[PBTrainers::LEADER_8,"Selene","The spirits have given you their blessing!","It seems that I had the acknowledgement of the beyond realm this time!","Kanto","Lavender Town",(Switch xx is on, optional)]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 3, 2022
The dropbox link for the resources is broken. Does anybody have a second link or reupload?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Can you please update the Resource Pack? It's offline.

I can't find the pack with the resources anywhere on my machine. So I'll have to make a new one.

I have begun work on a completely new version of this system, which is going to be a lot better than the current version. I'm just a tad caught up with other things, so I'm not frequently working on it. The next time I update this thread, it'll be with the new version being posted. That'll come with new resources, among other things.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
I'm almost afraid to see what the new version'll be like, especially considering how much work I did to my game to get the current version in! But at the same time, I'm looking forward to what changes are on the horizon, here's good luck on working on it thouh! Mayhaps we could get a sneek peak of what's to come? :D
nah, you don't gotta post a sneak peek

Last edited:
Back