• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Weird, if I remember correctly the fourth or third gym did have the Electric type...but I'm pretty sure they were at a normal level, 30 maybe.
What I was talking about were Cycling Road and some seemingly random cave earlier in the water north of the hometown that turned out to be the final dungeon except for being available way.
Yeah, the leader's name was Sparky. He had someone, someone, and Jolteon as his "main" Pokemon. But one of the three trainers you fight in the gym had a Raichu at level 66 or something ridiculous. It only knew Electric attacks and like Growl, so luckily, my level 20 Geodude took it out with Struggle like 2 hits before I would have killed myself with Struggle.

Years
That's odd, I'm pretty sure I didn't have any ground types at that part of the game, so my best bet would have been a high-20s Ivysaur. I think I would have remembered that battle...
Probably you're just playing another version of Brown; either an older one where this thing is not patched or a newer one influenced by the fact that trolling is so popular nowadays.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
That's odd, I'm pretty sure I didn't have any ground types at that part of the game, so my best bet would have been a high-20s Ivysaur. I think I would have remembered that battle...
Probably you're just playing another version of Brown; either an older one where this thing is not patched or a newer one influenced by the fact that trolling is so popular nowadays.
Didn't know that it changed. I just researched a bit (youtube video since that was all I could find) and the gym was completely redesigned and there was not the Raichu I fought. Guess I have an old version of Brown.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I beat Jasmine in my Dexter challenge. I'm travelling around with Danny the Poliwrath, Mondaysuck the Jumpluff, Myrrh the Crobat, Alterna the Clefairy, Decade the Magneton and Chaos the Azumarill (Defence Curl + Rollout is so useful).

Also Hooray For 500 Posts!
Vulpix_and_balloon_2_by_Wingfox.jpg

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
Good news! I have two more Pokemon to get to level 70 and then I'm off to beat the Pokemon League for the third time! (: If you don't know whose alt I am, I will throw fig newton bars at you.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I will throw fig newton bars at you.
I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. D:

Anyway, finally getting back to my Favorite challenge after that little save incident that happened, and I will also get to the Johto portion of my Ultimate Solo Challenge with Dewgong.

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
I've neglected my favorite challenge again. v_v I've barely had any motivation for anything, not just challenges. Hell, I don't even know why I'm playing White right now.

Speaking of that challenge, I was thinking, that after Black/White have been out for a few months, of locking the favorite challenge and making it a BW exclusive challenge. atm, it's for the most recent games as to provide as many possibilities for teams, and since peoples' favorites are going to change/have changed with the new generation, then I reckon it's about time for a new thread. Or at least I'll edit it. Something like that. Yay for powarz.

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
SINCE WHEN DO YOU CARE ABOUT CHALLENGES Monotypes are, in my opinion, one of the easiest. I used to do them all the time as a kid, and I recorded them in notebooks and such. I did so many that I can't even really remember which types I used. v_v Ugh.

Enigma

Years
I've neglected my favorite challenge again. v_v I've barely had any motivation for anything, not just challenges. Hell, I don't even know why I'm playing White right now.

Speaking of that challenge, I was thinking, that after Black/White have been out for a few months, of locking the favorite challenge and making it a BW exclusive challenge. atm, it's for the most recent games as to provide as many possibilities for teams, and since peoples' favorites are going to change/have changed with the new generation, then I reckon it's about time for a new thread. Or at least I'll edit it. Something like that. Yay for powarz.

I agree with that decision about making it BW exclusive. I was actuallly going to do another separate Favorite Challenge using White, as well as another 'The Ones That Got Away' challenge for either Black or White.

But then again, that's only after I force myself to finish my current challenges.

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
Yeah, I'll edit the Favorite Challenge to be BW exclusive around May maybe? I mean, I want to give people time to finish on HGSS/DPPT and actually acquire Black/White.

And Derk, yeah, restrictions are the point! But if you don't want type restrictions, there are other challenges out there. Random challenge, favorite challenge, etc. might not be too constraining. And no, I could never do an ultimate anything challenge (that's what the RBY - GSC - and on challenges are). Don't wanna start over all my games + I'd get bored. Random challenges are more my thing these days, which is why I have members assign my teams for my Hall of Fame challenge in White.

Enigma

Years
Sounds like a good time frame. I'll have Black and White both by/on my birthday, which is May 16th. I'll probably get White myself and then request to have Black for my birthday. :D I'd be more than happy to do a favorites challenge with 5th gen, since I have added many to my top 6 favorites.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
I'm halfway (well 45% ish if you count the post game. You guys do know that there are already roms patched with 98%-100% English right? Perhaps you can start a new thread/alter the original early?) through White on my Lyrics Challenge and there are so many Pokemon I want to try. Too bad I can only carry 6 and already have all of my team. T_T. So 25% is on the White rom, 25% will be used on the Black rom, and the other 50% are Pokemon I'm catching but keeping boxed. If I do the Favorites, I might have to play the games multiple times.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I'm halfway (well 45% ish if you count the post game. You guys do know that there are already roms patched with 98%-100% English right?
I'm aware of them, but I prefer to see the official names and stuff. And the dialogue can be funny the way that Nintendo does in English. Just look at what they did for Team Magma in their Hideout in Emerald. Those were funny lines, man. And Platinum (TG) is decent too.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I got a party wipeout in Quartz. I think I'm starting over.
Stupid Steel/Bug or something in the 1st Gym. .-. lol. I just came unprepared...
See you next time, Baro ! XD;

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
One thing I like about challenges (especially on RBY) is that the 'fun' in the game for me is to complete the challenge. If I'm just playing Pokemon normally, the fun is to train my Pokemon, grow with them, and catch as many as I can. Since I don't have to worry about that, it means I can run at 5000% speed most of the time. So I don't have time to get bored of the challenge, because I've already beaten it by the time I start getting bored. I mean, take my history of challenges. I've now done all 15 monotypes in RBY, about 1/4 now in GSC (I just beat Normal before I started posting today), a few in RSE, and 2 in DPPt. I've beaten like 7 solos in RBY, and none in any of the other gens. Also for all of my ultimate challenges, I've almost always finished the first gen, but not the others. Its because the others are longer, and that's about how long it takes me to get bored.

In other news, on to Grass on GSC (I think)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
One thing I like about challenges (especially on RBY) is that the 'fun' in the game for me is to complete the challenge. If I'm just playing Pokemon normally, the fun is to train my Pokemon, grow with them, and catch as many as I can. Since I don't have to worry about that, it means I can run at 5000% speed most of the time. So I don't have time to get bored of the challenge, because I've already beaten it by the time I start getting bored. I mean, take my history of challenges. I've now done all 15 monotypes in RBY, about 1/4 now in GSC (I just beat Normal before I started posting today), a few in RSE, and 2 in DPPt. I've beaten like 7 solos in RBY, and none in any of the other gens. Also for all of my ultimate challenges, I've almost always finished the first gen, but not the others. Its because the others are longer, and that's about how long it takes me to get bored.

In other news, on to Grass on GSC (I think)

I agree with you so much. I can finish Pokemon Red in no time at all with super speed on. It's just something about D/P/Pt that makes them drag on and on. And R/B/Y is even easier because you know what to do off by heart and you could finish the game in only a few hours.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
I agree with you so much. I can finish Pokemon Red in no time at all with super speed on. It's just something about D/P/Pt that makes them drag on and on. And R/B/Y is even easier because you know what to do off by heart and you could finish the game in only a few hours.

I just did my fire mono on Pt and yes, it feels like an eternity. Even though I played 24:09 all together, it feels even longer because it takes the linearity from the first three generations (at least in RSE it didn't annoy me) and takes it to the next level x2. Like, there's a million and one things you have to do just to get all the HMs. You can never just go to a gym and battle the leader, there are a million other hoops of fire to jump through (though they do this even more in Black cause there are more NPC's, but at least it feels like Plasma/N is worth my time compared to beating up Galaxia/Galaxis/whatever.).

Enigma

Years
Argh, just had a big fail. Forgot to delete my current SS save file before beginning my challenge. xD Good thing I didn't get that far.

Enigma

Years
Worst feature of Pokemon games right there. It's screwed up two of my challenges.
I could have swore that they changed it in HG/SS, but I guess not. It's kind of lame, Pokemon players are so used to just saving in-game to overwrite the save, without having to delete it. Then they change it so that you have to delete it. :/ I'll probably never get used to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back