• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters
Years
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kinda upset I read the spoiler lol, jk. Its a really interesting story, backstory etc.

Survey Questions
I need to get some data, for the balance among other things
-Where are you currently at on the game?
-How long have you played for? (estimate, or just look on the trainer card)
-What is your average party level?

-FInished the demo. Went back to the city with the Pokemon Academy to get another starter pokemon.
-I would say about 5 hrs. Would be longer, but I've been busy.
-36 - 43

Hope you come out with the next version before I get back to the headache that is known as school....actually, sometime before school makes me wanna kill myself lol

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Sprites look better ^^
The story is also quite intriguing...

(BTW, you spelled "destroyed" and "opportunity" wrong :P)

-Where are you currently at on the game? ...been awhile, around first gym, actually. I'm waiting for next update
-How long have you played for? (estimate, or just look on the trainer card) 2 hours? I wander around a lot :P
-What is your average party level? 20

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Haha DarkDoom, I just noticed your little personal message. I forgot what it's called, under the usernames, it seems it holds certain spoiler factors :P.

Ahh, for the survey I haven't played since the earlier betas (as I am waiting for the newer releases). From my recollection though, I played till the beta finished, 2nd Ai, I'm not sure. I played for 3 -4 hours with my team average at 20-30. Information might be outdated though, since I haven't played the most current beta, sorry.

I hope you plan to add more codes for items as well. Maybe, in-game hints and riddles for some "secret"/rare items. I was also wondering if you could add equipment to the pokemon like final fantasy. It might be absurd to have a pokemon running around with a sword, shield and boots, but certain pokemon can have claws or even scarves like in mystery dungeon.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
@otheralias: yeah, I guess it is spoiler, but it's one of thoes spoilers that you won't realise until it's mentioned ingame.

Theres 5 different types of equipment

Evolve: Just for evolution stones <- getting invaliated.

Part: Equip junk items for minimal stat increases, All enemy pokemon drop junk items, usually a 1-5 point stat increase

Held: Increases Type resistances, Can be refined, sometimes found in item balls. Usually hard to obtain

Equip: Stat increases, can be bought from mega mart. has various levels of stat increases.

Ability: Increases Status Condition resistances, Can be refined. 4 levels of resistance. 25% 50% 75% 100%.

---
Give a bulbasuar a (held) damp rock- and fire will only do normal damage.
give a bulbasaur a (held) heat rock- and water will do NO damage.
etc.
--
In the next update, the equipments will be getting a change.
evolve slot will be replaced by a second part slot.
evolution stones will also be equiped in the part slot now, along with any other junk items.
they will still evolve the same.

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Haha DarkDoom, I just noticed your little personal message. I forgot what it's called, under the usernames, it seems it holds certain spoiler factors :P.

Ahh, for the survey I haven't played since the earlier betas (as I am waiting for the newer releases). From my recollection though, I played till the beta finished, 2nd Ai, I'm not sure. I played for 3 -4 hours with my team average at 20-30. Information might be outdated though, since I haven't played the most current beta, sorry.

I hope you plan to add more codes for items as well. Maybe, in-game hints and riddles for some "secret"/rare items. I was also wondering if you could add equipment to the pokemon like final fantasy. It might be absurd to have a pokemon running around with a sword, shield and boots, but certain pokemon can have claws or even scarves like in mystery dungeon.

I second his idea; how about each gym leader gives a hint about an above-par item hidden in the area (Town/City+outskirts)?
Also, the corrupted Pokemon from v.25 looked quite nice, especially with their dark pallets and minor little details :O

can I have a star under quality assurance for the sprite criticisms? lol jk

EDIT:
Do you have a background story for the corrupted guys yet? If not, you can always change the corrupted pokemon sprites to the shiny version, then come up with a story about how Geosigma and his minions wanted to create the perfect versions of the pokemon, but failed to do so and they went rogue, like Mewtwo :)

Also, why not Revive/ Max Revive instead of Phoenix Down and Full Phoenix Down?
Isn't it the "logical" thing to do in a Pokemon game? :/

Sorry with the sprite criticism, but now Ralt's left arm (our right) looks amputated o.O

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
uhhhh....

damn i went new game + so i cant remember levels probs about mid 40's with 4-5 hours

i agree with the revives than pheonix's

Revive, Super Revive, Max Revive (maybe)

dont i get a star for the Charizard i mentioned earlier :p cause is Charazard in game.

DarkDoom3000

Years
That town gymleader quest is a good idea, ill try implement it. I also need to implement some kind of collectable eventually.

The problem with having corrupted pokemon be different coloured or shiny is that its kinda confusing, and I am betting people would ask why the pokemon they obtained isn't shiny.

Zero was the controller of creation and evolution. his departure caused any newly created individual pokemon to get corrupted data. causing them to grow beyond the normal limits of the area.

fixed ralts' arm, his D/P sprite was his arm up to his face, but without the added shading, it indeed looked amputated.

about the phoenix down naming, Eevee Edition was intended to be a fusion of Final Fantasy and Pokemon.
Item naming is another homage to final fantasy. along with battle system, limitbreaks and a convoluted storyline.

I also had wanted to make a sidequest to find a ho-oh but it would only appear if you had 99 phoenix downs.

added BCKC to credits for Quality Assurance: Graphical Department, along with mew2hack for noticing jarichi first.
Also, ShadowDragon3812 and lockmaster for the Quality Assurance: Writing Department.

-------------
progressupdat.png

-------------

New Map Style

Just finished up creating a new map style. It's the map style that the G/S map is done in. looks more authentic now.
Hers the old version
regionv1.png

"New" version
unamregion.png

the region finally has a name, Unam. latin for "one"
while the next region will be named "Duorum" meaning two, which you will visit for a bit in the next beta.

--

Updated Equips

Also, like I said updated equipments, heres how it looks now.
the status screens slightly modified. now the species will be displayed for all pokemon rather than only evolved. and lables are fixed.
newequip.png

--

Code

I had only programmed 5 codes in, but I'll be adding a whole bunch more as there are 1 shy of a million possible combinations-. but spamming it with items could be overload. Eg: someone just starting the game could type in hundreds of codes to become overpowered before they even get their first pokemon.

I will be making a code redemption system in the rainbow tower prize zone. It will be different as it would have a cooldown period, maybe 1 code every 5 minutes.

I have 2 codes left so heres the second-to-last one. an
Ultima Potion. Fully heals the full team- as in, full HP, MP, removes bad status conditions and fully revives any dead.
162-342
(mega phoenix code and this code is a refrence to something.
+108 internets to whoever figures it out.)

Other Stuff

Thanks for the info, Yeah. pokemon are leveling a little faster than I want, I mean- your pokemon might reach level 100 before endgame.

Now, I'm planning to make a chocobo breeding type minigame. ("inspired" from FF7) Except I need a pokemon to replace the chocobos.

It needs to be a pokemon that can run fast. I want it to be ridable- but it's not manditory. would be nice, but can be done without.

The maze zone will be fused into the safari zone while the Race Zone will be taking it's place in the rainbow tower.

--
Also, Im tinkering with an idea... Once again, updating the evolution method.
Adding an item needed to evolve pokemon.
these won't be super hard to find or anything.

EG: to evolve charmeleon to charizard you need reach level 36 AND equip an item "Flight Wings" on it.
a "vibrant flower" to evolve ivysaur to vensauar
and "Rocket Cannons" to evolve to blastoise

Boxing Gloves to evolve Poliwhirl to poliwrath

If theres enough people interested in it, i might implement it.
might be another thing seperating it from the other pokemon games.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Calling the regions Unam and Duorum is a tad odd, really. Since you're using the Latin Cardinal adjectives in that case - which are used to convey how many of an object there are, which means you'd be counting the number of regions you're talking about - meaning Duorum would mean "two regions" in essence. A more proper naming scheme would probably be Primus/Prima/Primum and Secundus/Secunda/Secundum since those are for the actual order that they come in, and not for the order and whatnot.

Also, feel free to ignore that - I just like Latin, it's a pretty rad language.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
for the riding thing its simple, Doduo/Dodrio. easy fix. thank you ranger :D

maybe this can be obtained by falkners quest. yeah? yeah? huh?

Years
Lockmaster beat me to the punch lol. I was gonna suggest either Dodrio or Rapidash.

Also, I like the idea of needing certain items and level to evolve, makes the game a little more challenging. Very creative.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
hey nice updates darkdoom very nice indeed love the story of the brothers anyway for my contribution for the racing i say "take it to the dogs" so why not use arcanine,houndoom and lastly mightyena. they work with the generations your using and are all rideable with a little effort so let me know what ya think

oh and if i might add i love the idea of pokemon evlovin via certain items but would you be able to obtain these items say via refining or it would you need some special requirement? or would it be maybe a side quest?

regards sread123

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
As mentioned above, Dodrio is fast and can be ridden :D
Well, I guess Arcanine would be my choice.
EDIT: *Facepalm, alreaqd mentioned* Furret would be humorous... and fluffy xD

Also, the background info makes a lot of sense :)
The evolution items would also be a nice contribution ^^
(Hehe, too lazy to quote)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
That item idea is pretty neat, but it really can get annoying if you have the pokemon at the right level, but don't have the item. I think it would work well for pokemon that evolve by trade, making them evolve by item use instead. I like the map too. looks nice.
Also, in the current beta, are all the houses supposed to be free?

DarkDoom3000

Years
@yuoaman- well, The Sevii islands used the same naming method if i remember correctly, One island, two island etc. That said- I thought that was a stupid naming convention.

Primus does sound badass. But I like the sound of duorun I donno. I can easily change it as no-one has mentioned the region name ingame yet.
--
Dudrio is an excellent chocobo replacement. for some reason whenever I thought of a chocobo pokemon, I instantly thought of torchic. but it doesn't seem fast nor ridable.

Houses being free was a little oversight, Anyone who transferred savefiles would have houses costing $2000, but newgame would cause free houses. Better buy them all now, because it's gonna cost $2000 in next beta.

Some Bad News, and actual bad news. I use macros to make things easier for me, the pokedex creation was almost all automated. It did screw up a few times due to me activating it in the wrong places, but it didn't effect anything, or so it seems.

I just realised I cannot find my Rainbow tower maps. (!?) I seem to have accidently deleted it. All the variables and pics from the rainbow tower exist in my database, but the maps and events are missing. Recycling bin shows nothing, and I used an undeletetion program, but I think I probably deleted it a week ago, so it's memory has been overwritten.

The macro command had 3 important commands.
<tab> x 19
<down>
<delete>

and my map tree went like this
>Routes
>Cities
>Caves
>Forests
>Systems
-->Map
-->Pokebox
-->...
-->Pokedex (what I had selected)
>Rainbow Tower
-->Prize Zone
-->Arcade Zone
-->Quiz Zone

So the macro tabbed to the map index, then pressed down from the pokedex, which selected the Rainbow tower folder and all the maps in it. and deleted.

I do keep backups, 1 that backups every day, and the other one I back up every few weeks. Neither has it. ( I had sync folders option on the backup program, so it deleted any extra files not in the sorce folder, which was a mistake on my part)

There is hope, I had backupped on a USB around a week ago. I just need to find it. (im at work rite now) I just hope it has it.

Not the biggest setback, I can probably re-create what I had done in a day because I remember how I programmed the stuff and the graphics and variables still exist. but innoying none-the-less.

Omn

Moogle King
Years
Just kinda of like a suggestion You know how you said that legendaries would kinda be like super weapons for the game. Why not make them like summons/form change/or a limit breaker move like in ff7(i don't know about ff8 or ff9 i don't have them for ps3 yet). So you battle the legendary as an optional boss then when you beat it, it would give you an item which when you use it would teach your pokemon a move or a limit break move. If it was summon it would bring the legendary to your team for a two or three turns and then the legendary would use a move during those two turns and maybe take all the damage your team would normally take then disappear. Or if it was a form change your pokemon would turn into the legendary the form would replace the moves of the pokemon that used it with the legendary's moves. Or as a limit break move the pokemon would use a move from the legendary pokemon like in ff7 and others.

Oh and its ok I don't mind waiting and you can always just update when you want to.

DarkDoom3000

Years
The backup on my usb... was after I deleted the maps. So I'll have to remake them. :|
It will put a dent in dev time, Should'nt be too long though.

Next beta release frame is undetermined at this point. Im hoping for a late january release, because Little Big Planet 2 will come out and I know progress will stall once that comes out. But it could be anywhere from late jan to march.

--
Now, as for the idea of the summons. It's a good one. I remember thinking of something along thoes lines but just forgot about it. But Summons as legendaries could easily work. They'll single summons, like the FFs before 10. They get called into the battlefeild, and do a super strong attack.

The moves can vary, EG:

Bird Trio will do a strong attack using their respective element, it will also attack all enemies.

Regirock and steel will do massive damage of their element.
same with Kyogre and groudon (ground)

Rayquazza does massive dragon damage
Lugia does wind damage and
mewtwo does psychic damage

Ho-Oh revives all dead party members to full HP,
Celebi will cast regen on the whole party, slowly recovering HP each turn
while Jarachi casts wish which slowly recovers PP.

The dog trio will double atk, special or speed, while regice will double defence (because their types are already covered)

while deoxys will double all stats, (but for a shorter period than the above)

Mew is the exception of being the only "Catchable" legendary due to it's uncanny ability to learn any TM and the fact this game has a attack limit.
---

But to balance it,(and it makes it 5x easier for me) Only the normal form of eevee can summon them.

A fixed PP cost would make it too similar to normal attacks. It would just be like having a strong attack.
So... Ithink it would be a good idea to instead make the summons have a PP cost %. Like 50% of PP used. and you can only use each legendary once per battle.
or mabye you need a special item to summon them. Summonball or something like that.
--

If i do manage to implement it, expect to see it in the next update(both post and beta).
Your first legendary will be forced in the beta, just to give people a taste of how legendaries work. probably a regi that you find in the desert.

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
... that is a nice idea :P

Bu then again, 50%, I think, is a bit too little xD
People would probably disagree, however.

*cough*regirock?*cough*
(PSSSST! You spelled 'Jirachi' and 'Rayquaza' wrong xD)

Omn

Moogle King
Years
The once in battle makes sense cause in finally fantasy seven if your materia only has one star it can only be used once and then the more the move is used the more ap it gets and if it levels up you can use more than once.

Back