• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Musicians' Corner

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome new members! I'll get around to adding you to the list soon! Sorry for the inactivity! :(

Firstly Sandshrew you in no need to be pro to join this club haha. Just playing/learning an instrument is MORE than enough to qualify to be a member, you dont even need to ask permission.

Kurui, again wonderful stuff from you, it's always fantastic to see people getting their music out there and being recognised! Recognize. You seem to win so many awards :O.

< Another person who can't really learn songs by ear, I feel your pain bro beans, feel it deeply.

Sorry Kroso but I don't think Ill be able to join you, maybe some other people will be up for it!

edit: I just went through the whole thread and put everyones contributions on the front page for people to see easily! Please tell me if a link doesnt work so I can fix or remove it!

New topicccc!
Have you ever made an original song? If so have you recorded it and can we listen to it PLEASEEEEEEE. If not do you plan/want to?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Username: LightningAlex
Instrument(s) played: Electric guitar, and I'd love to learn the piano.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: I'd love that!

Now on topic: I have written a few songs, but I've never recorded any. I wrote an instrumental that I like to call "Zig-zag", because I'm bad at naming instrumentals, and because it uses a lot of the "zig-zag pattern" on the guitar.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hi! May I join? :D

Username: synerjee

Instrument(s) played: Singer, piano, violin (haven't been playing for years, but still have the skills xD), guitar (self-taught) & drums (just basic beats)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Yes, please! :D

Current topic: Have you ever made an original song? If not do you plan/want to?
I have not yet made an original song, but I would love to try making one in the future when I have the time. :)

And also because I feel like it, I'll answer the previous question: What musical skill impresses you the most and why?
The ability to perfectly harmonize with another voice. I really respect people who are able to do that. <3 I'm currently practising, but I'm not that good yet.

Last edited:

Crux

Evermore
Years
synerjee and Alex! :D Welcome aboard guys! (again,Paint if i'm not allowed to say that just slap me)

Okay,as for the topic,i've made a few,but i've never recorded any.
It would be nice to,and I might at some point in the future,if I do i'll be sure to share it with you all. :D

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
I've experimented with some things, but I haven't really recorded anything. I plan to soon, or just to experiment and tell you guys what you think. Also, are the majority of the musicians passionate about what you do?

Crux

Evermore
Years
Wow...this club really isn't that active. :<

I'm working on a new song! :D "Dice With The Devil"
I might record this one, i'm really feeling it this time.

Hmm, i'd say that I am.
I try to make sure to do something music related every day, if I don't then I feel both utterly depressed and like the day was hollow if that makes any sense. :/

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Have you ever made an original song? If so have you recorded it and can we listen to it PLEASEEEEEEE. If not do you plan/want to?
Well I'm working on two songs. However, as I do not own drums, I have yet to come up with a drum part. They could also use a bass part...as soon as I actually turn the mess into music, I would love to post it up here (I also need a vocalist, bass or lead guitarist, and a keyboardist XD)

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
To be honest, even though this club is inactive, The musicians surley aren't! I've to say myself to be honest, I'm very passonate about what I play on the bass and trombone. Even though I usually fiddle on the bass from time to time. I'm actually thinking to see if I can bring one of my ideas to life. I've all the recording software, I just need to wait till I have time to do so. I can't wait until I actually bring the idea to life. :D.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
(I also need a vocalist, bass or lead guitarist, and a keyboardist XD)
Well, that's not a lot at all xD

To be honest, even though this club is inactive, The musicians surley aren't! I've to say myself to be honest, I'm very passonate about what I play on the bass and trombone. Even though I usually fiddle on the bass from time to time. I'm actually thinking to see if I can bring one of my ideas to life. I've all the recording software, I just need to wait till I have time to do so. I can't wait until I actually bring the idea to life. :D.
I'm glad to hear that. I really hope you finish it soon. I'd like to hear a piece of music by my fellow PC-ers.

Anyway, guys, I have some spare time in the next 3 weeks, so I had a cool idea (Well, at least it's cool in my head xD ). We should form a band! Not in real life, since we're all a couple thousand miles apart. It'd work like this: Each band member would record his/her part of a song, and then someone who is good with video-editing would put all of the recorded videos together (Like a split screen) and in sync. I could do lead guitar.

I hope it's not a stupid idea... what do you think?

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
I think it sounds like a good idea to be honest! However, what would happen to the users who are still freshly new to their instruments? (Me, bass only for four months. XD) However, a sweet and wonderful idea you've come up with. Don't forget the lazy players too. XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I think it sounds like a good idea to be honest! However, what would happen to the users who are still freshly new to their instruments? (Me, bass only for four months. XD) However, a sweet and wonderful idea you've come up with. Don't forget the lazy players too. XD
Well, there are some easy songs that can be learned by beginners.

No, but I could easily learn!
That's great! I'm sure it would bring your playing to a whole new level, Jon Lord (The keyboard player for Deep Purple) was a genius!

We could start with Smoke on the Water. Everyone knows that song, and it's really easy to play, too! We have a guitarist, keyboardist and bassist. All we need is a singer and a drummer.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
To be honest, I've never heard Deep Purple. However, it shouldn't be too hard if I manage to pay attention to it.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
You know? Smoooooke on the waaater, and fire in the skyeeee...you know? Anyway, this is a good idea. I could start practicing now. So when would we actually do this?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
To be honest, I've never heard Deep Purple. However, it shouldn't be too hard if I manage to pay attention to it.
I'm pretty sure you've heard Smoke on the Water... at least the intro riff, everyone in the world knows that.

You know? Smoooooke on the waaater, and fire in the skyeeee...you know? Anyway, this is a good idea. I could start practicing now. So when would we actually do this?
Well, as soon as someone shows up who's willing to sing/play drums. I could record the guitar part today, but what good would that be without the other instruments?

Crux

Evermore
Years
Aw man,does anybody know a good way to cure a strained voice? :(

This is a great idea Alex! :D

Last edited:

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I've looked for a really long time but couldn't find the piano part to smoke on the water. My computers really slow so by "looking for a long time" I mean that I only went on 5 or 6 sites. Yup. Thats my computer. You wouldn't believe me if i told you how long it took me to just get onto this site. So anyway, if anyone has a link for the whole piano part, i would like it a lot :D I also forgot to say I have a guitar so I could be able to do something on that if needed.

Back