• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
I'm a bit surprised with some of the Pokemon shown there, especially Bouffalant and Druddigon which I do think aren't loved a lot. But I'd imagine how annoying a MegaWobbuffet would be.

Now one thing I'm hoping with more new Mega Evolutions is that they give them new types, like what they did with Ampharos. Every other confirmed one so far kept its original typing so I want to see more that change types.

And speaking of new Pokemon, I came across these rumors from 4chan that someone posted on Tumblr:

Spoiler:

(spoilered due to loads and loads of text)

They apparently mentioned what Orotto's English name might be, as well as those rumored Pokemon called Espurr and Meowstick. You could even count that alpaca-like Pokemon we saw in the latest Nintendo Direct video. I know a lot of people were hoping Orotto would be Grass/Ghost-type as well so I'd be surprised if some of this, if not all of it would be confirmed real.

But still, very interesting thoughts there. A Pokemon based on a fish statue from a fountain that seems to only see use in double battles or something? An Egyptian-looking snake? They look like some good designs imo. But I think a Fairy/Dragon-type would be something very odd but unique to see.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I like this rumor, some of the designs sound legit like Aspent, Poirre and Reangil. Still putting Meowstick and Espurr there AGAIN raises my suspicion.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The beetle Pokémon sounds like the one from the "leaked pokedex". I'm calling it as fake.
Also that Fog Horn ability sounds lame...reducing the Pokémon's own accuracy as well?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The beetle Pokémon sounds like the one from the "leaked pokedex". I'm calling it as fake.
Also that Fog Horn ability sounds lame...reducing the Pokémon's own accuracy as well?

If it is real, then I'm hoping for it to be an evolved form of Heracross. Ever since generation three, I've always wanted it to have an evolution, because that's when I discovered how powerful this Pokémon can truly be. xD I wouldn't mind if it was an evolution for Pinsir, either. That would give it a chance to finally be in the spotlight, which I think it really deserves.

If Fog Horn reduce your accuracy, then I'm guessing it increases something else. Maybe it increases your evasiveness?

Last edited:

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Interestingly Hydreigon seems to always be left out of them...it's as if who ever is making them doesn't like Hydreigon...or GF truly doesn't plan to give one to Hydreigon if these rumors are true...

That is rather strange considering the other pseudo's are listed. Though, I'm cool with it since Volcarona seems to be getting one. <3

Years
The beetle in the "full leaked pokedex" is the legendary. In that list, that beetle pokemon is a normal pokemon
The Dragon/Fairy in the "full leaked Pokedex" is also not the one seen in the "blink and you'll miss it" moment of Pokémon Direct. As the one in the list is said to have wings and is golden...and it feels like these latest rumors stole from that already suspicious dex.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Pinsir isn't at all a bad Pokémon, just when compared to Heracross or other similar Pokémon it can be a little outclassed. I wouldn't say a Pinsir Mega Evolution is off the cards but I like Pinsir how it is and I think they could go a little overboard with a Mega Evolution.
No. He's terrible. Why are Heracross and Scizor, who are OU (and one of them being one of the best) get a mega evolution but not Pinsir who is just too terrible?
I was just reading on Pokejungle that apparently the Smash crew were seen (well heared) talking about the Kalos starters...do you guys think they'll finally show us their evolutions?
I hope not. I want to play the game unprepared, since Pokemon is at its best there. I wanna be surprised.
If by chance the starters are revealed before release, can you VM me saying they are but no more than that? Cause getting a warning means I can go on a media blackout without stumbling by accident on the evos. lol
Using my awesome translating skills (Google Translate) I was able to translate a few things. For starters the title says "Unlock the sphere of dense Mega advance ???!!" (Couldn't translate the last part). The title on top of each pokemon row just says to which region they belong "Kanto Pokemon", "Hoenn Pokemon", etc. I don't know if this is real tho, some choices I approve like Aggron and Sableeye but some I don't like Garchomp.
Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh all read "Jouto Pokemon", "Houen Pokemon" and "Shinou Pokemon" respectively. Similarly, Unova is "Isshu Pokemon", but there's a kanji in between, which I can't read since I'm still learning kanji. On the other hand, Kanto is written in kanji, the same way the real Kanto region is written. But as far as I know, Pokemon's Kanto isn't written in Kanji, is it?

Years
No. He's terrible. Why are Heracross and Scizor, who are OU (and one of them being one of the best) get a mega evolution but not Pinsir who is just too terrible?

I hope not. I want to play the game unprepared, since Pokemon is at its best there. I wanna be surprised.
If by chance the starters are revealed before release, can you VM me saying they are but no more than that? Cause getting a warning means I can go on a media blackout without stumbling by accident on the evos. lol

Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh all read "Jouto Pokemon", "Houen Pokemon" and "Shinou Pokemon" respectively. Similarly, Unova is "Isshu Pokemon", but there's a kanji in between, which I can't read since I'm still learning kanji. On the other hand, Kanto is written in kanji, the same way the real Kanto region is written. But as far as I know, Pokemon's Kanto isn't written in Kanji, is it?

Sure thing I'll vm you if they show up. Maybe the mods could announce it too like they did with the Pokemon Direct to alert everyone...

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
So, pretty sure super training has been confirmed to affect IV's and not EV's. how do you think this will affect pokemon and do you think it'll allow more casual players to move into the competitive realm?

Using giancarloparimango11's latest video of Smash for a source. You see Sylveon compete and afterwards gain +8 in special attack, the bar moved a reasonable amount after, which leaves me to believe it's IV's rather than EV's which wouldn't have been affected quite as much by just 8 points...

Years
So, pretty sure super training has been confirmed to affect IV's and not EV's. how do you think this will affect pokemon and do you think it'll allow more casual players to move into the competitive realm?

Using giancarloparimango11's latest video of Smash for a source. You see Sylveon compete and afterwards gain +8 in special attack, the bar moved a reasonable amount after, which leaves me to believe it's IV's rather than EV's which wouldn't have been affected quite as much by just 8 points...
Nothing has been confirmed. For all we know it could be something in the same vein as EV's. Or the EV system could've been changed. Also I honestly doubt it's IV's as those have thus far been permanent and are the determining factor of certain things such as the power of Hidden power as well as it's type.

Speaking of hidden power I wonder how they'll change it to fit in the Fairy type.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
1240335_570428053021846_1731047096_n.jpg

It is said that these Pokemon will get Mega Evo.
It's Photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels
But seriously, the gaps are a little weird and uneven if you look closely (or at the hoenn pokemon)
And if they were confirming them to have mega evolutions, wouldn't they show them to us? (the leaker showing the mega evoltution forms, not gamefreak telling us. Just cause I thought that wasn't clear)

Still, mega Carnivine, Wobbuffet, Lucario and Tropius. That would be epic.

Last edited:

Years
But seriously, the gaps are a little weird and uneven if you look closely (or at the hoenn pokemon)
And if they were confirming them to have mega evolutions, wouldn't they show them to us?

The pictures of them also seem to be overlapping in such an odd way as if they were copied and pasted over another.

Also I have a feeling GF will want us to discover the mega evolutions by ourselves.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
And if they were confirming them to have mega evolutions, wouldn't they show them to us?

Mega Lucario has already been revealed though.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
A little off topic but I really hope Chespin's starter evolution isn't Grass/Dark like many have rumored. We already have Shiftry and Cacturne and to me while these pokemon look cool and have an interesting typing, they are really bad even with good stats and move pool.

I mean 4x bug weakness, 2x fire/ice/poison/fighting/flying.. Most of these weaknesses are from EXTREMELY common offensive moves.

So I'm crossing my fingers for Grass/Rock or even just plain ole Grass.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
This list came after so MegaLucario isn't proof it's real. We're wonder why they haven't shown the Megas of the majority of Pokémon listed yet.
I wasn't trying to validate the list, I thought the poster was unaware that there was already a MegaLucario. It sounded like they were excited for the possibility, so I figured they didn't know already.

Back