• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starting the Game off differently.

Pizzachu

Pokemon & Pizza? What more could you ask for!?
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 17, 2017
For my first project, I kind of wanted to make this fangame have a set main character as a lead instead of the usual player choices male/female role. Not that I hate that or anything, my idea is just based around a short fanfic idea I had when I was younger.

I've created an event for the intro, that shifts into another intro (like chapter title intro) but I'm having some issues. I've changed the PC 0 (the boy sprite) to the character I've edited (well minus the trainer sprite, the one that goes on the card. I'm still trying to figure out how to add a custom/edited trainer sprite like that to the list.), and am currently looking for a HG/SS running, fishing, surfing, surfing/fishing, sprite sheet to edit the character a bit more.

Of course another idea I've thought of is to have the player given the option to name their game file even though they won't be naming their character or anything.

Are these ideas too much for Essentials? Or should I be going a different route? I'm still fairly new to essentials but I've always wanted to make my own Pokemon game. :3 I guess this isn't that much of a question it's more of a like 'any help/advice I can get to help me pass this roadblock I keep running to' kind of thread. lol

Thank you btw for those that take the time to read this thread. I can't always explain well so I hope it wasn't too confusing. xP

Back