• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
Eww, don't use Simipour. There are a lot of more useful water types like Jellicent and Swanna. And Chandelure over Darmanitan. Though, for your ice type, if it was me I'd use Vanilluxe. But its up to you on that. And for your fighting type, I'd rather go for Conkeldurr if you can trade. But I have a Gurdurr and I think its still great.

Ow Vanilluxe looks nice indeed :o
But I'm keeping Simipour lol
As for my fighting type I plan on keeping Sawk as well :P
It will take a while before I can get my next pokémon if I go with Vanilluxe, Chandelure and Tulla,
but oh well that doesn't matter I hope...

If you really prefer that team, i suggest you train sawk and darmanitan to at least lvls 35-40+ then you are ready to take on Brycen.

I will train them lol
I just got my second badge now so...

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Who should I add to my team?
Nidoking or Scolipede?

Which is better?

That depends on the rest of your team since both pokemon are quite different in movesets and the like. The only thing they have in common would be the poison-typing.

Naturally I'd go with Nidoking because he also packs STAB ground moves which hit fire, steel, rock, poison, and electric pokemon for super-effectivity.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Scolipede isn't that good at the end of the day, having to wait for Mega Horn, then deal with it's Accuracy.

Nidoking is pretty good, I'm take a guess here, but I think you got the DW Ability, so that means when it evolves into Nidoking all it's moves with an effect (Fire Blast, Thunder, Blizzard, Earth Power, Level Ground) will get stronger, with the cost of no secondary effects (Sheer Force). You can get the Moon Stone for Nidorino after Pinwheel Forest (Inner), then wait until it get's Trash and bam, it hit's like a truck. Then when you get to Nimbasia you get Return, and after Clay you get Smooth Over, an Awesome STAB move (120 BP after STAB and Sheer Force)

tl;dr: Nidoking > Scolipede

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Where is professor Juniper? I've clocked 65 pokémon on my pokédex so wanted to pick up the TM/HM from her, but when i go to Nuvema Town she isnt in her lab?

It depends where exactly in the game you're at. She might be in Nacrene City, that's the only place I can think of that she will actually be intractable with. If she isn't there than you'll just have to progress through the game until she goes back to her lab.

NatureKeeper

Excuse me, I accidentally knocked out the Relic Volcarona. And saved. Does it come back after the Hall of Fame or not?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Excuse me, I accidentally knocked out the Relic Volcarona. And saved. Does it come back after the Hall of Fame or not?

I can't answer your question for you because I never had that situation and google isn't helping, but if it doesn't you get a Larvesta egg anyway, so it's not like you can never get a Volcarona again. You just have to level it yourself. :P

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
Where is professor Juniper? I've clocked 65 pokémon on my pokédex so wanted to pick up the TM/HM from her, but when i go to Nuvema Town she isnt in her lab?

Yeah..She should be in her lab, but perhaps since you havent got into a certain point in the game then maybe she isnt..No clue :x. Maybe you went to the wrong town?;D (Happened to me once..Felt like an idiot afterwards)

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
ok, evolution stones! is there a better way of getting them other than endlessly farming the dust clouds. ive been doing it for 45 mins now, and ive only gotten a single thunderstone. i know its RNG, but its so tiresome. ive already found all the ones on the floor and what people give you, but i need far more to evolve my pokemon to complete my dex. i only have one copy of the game, and cannot really trade wirelessly, as my internets encryption isnt WEP, its one of the others that the DS cant get through (nor can i change it). its frustrating me endlessly that there arnt enough in game!

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
ok, evolution stones! is there a better way of getting them other than endlessly farming the dust clouds. ive been doing it for 45 mins now, and ive only gotten a single thunderstone. i know its RNG, but its so tiresome. ive already found all the ones on the floor and what people give you, but i need far more to evolve my pokemon to complete my dex. i only have one copy of the game, and cannot really trade wirelessly, as my internets encryption isnt WEP, its one of the others that the DS cant get through (nor can i change it). its frustrating me endlessly that there arnt enough in game!

*shrugs* I dont think you can buy them at the Route 9 store, so your best bet would just be to do it like your doing ^_^. I know some NPCs give em away..Only ones I can remember is like the Sunstones and Moonstones though, and the one that gives you a Grass/Fire/Waterstone to evolve your Monkeh (though you can use it for anything, and pick whichever you want). You could try using an online PokeHelp site like Marriland or Bulbapedia, but I would just keep doing what your doing..But im not entirely sure if you can get it another way.

Ahh quick question: What are Flying types weaknesses? Im on my second playthrough, and first time round I used Samurott, and I believe I didnt have too much trouble..But not sure what its weaknesses are ^_^. Thanks

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Flying is weak to Electric-, Ice- and Rock-type moves. It is immune to Ground, and resists Fighting, Grass and Bug . . . I think that's it?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
It all really depends on what you want for your team. If you need a physical attacker, go for Haxorus. If you need Special support, go Hydreigon. On balance, I'd say Hydreigon is the better choice due to its base stats, but I'm willing to hypothesize here that because you're making an ingame team, it won't make that much of a difference. In the end, just go with whichever one you think looks more badass.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
Ok I got pokerus and was wanting to know if the pokemon with pokerus is curedf can it pass on pokerus to others or is it done. Everything about pokerus can help but i already know what its for and the basics about how its spread between other pokes but does it transfer after curing?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
No, once the PKRS box is not displayed and you are left with the Smiley face the effects still remain, but it cannot be spread to farther pokemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
How do we add our friends on Dream World? I've tried exchanging FCs. interacting with them over wifi, and search on my Dream Pal Map. Nothing is working. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back