• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Legends Were Born (Legendary Pokemon)

How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Is zapods really the POTW? I think it's just the discussion pokemon, and now overran by Kyurem. LOL.

Anyway, on topic: I think Kyurem will be made more awesome by GF if ever they make an alternate form, just like how they did with Origin Giratina. I think any imbalanced issues regarding Kyurem will be cleared with the coming of the new form.

well, since we are all talking about rumors here, I am neutral to the possiblity of it. There is no sign yet of the release of a third game (maybe it will come out three-four five years from now, after the possible remake of Hoenn.) When it comes out, i am sure there is a new form of Kyurem. It all depends on the possibility of the game, and its version mascot, because if Kyurem is not the VM, then chances will be lowered, more like a Shaymin.

dafuq did I say?
I think it's safe to say people don't read 'every post' haha. No, Zapdos isn't the Pokemon of the Week and I think we cleared everything up on the birds to quickly when Moltres was discussed xD

No worries, the birds are over with tomorrow anyways, and the NEW PotW along with the discussion group Pokemon will be somewhat of the same xD

Would you consider Kyurem as part of the Trio with Reshiram/Zekrom however? If so, it may be well be similar to the Sinnoh Dragons as Kyurem is 5th Generation's Giratina. I was once on Serebii.net about this, they kept pointing out that relating Kyurem to the other two dragons would have no point because there are no story behind them.

(Which confuses me on how the National Pokedex is with the Kamis/Dragons being mixed up). This is just confusing to me a bit with the entire Kyurem situation..especially as to why Victini is #1 right after Arceus for Unova Pokemon. LOL

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: 2cool4mewtwo
Partner Pokemon: Mewtwo (Unnamed for now)
Welcome to the club!!!

You can rename Mewtwo anytime you want, or just simply let it be. (Just named Mewtwo LOL)

So why is Mewtwo your favorite trainer? are you considered his favorite trainer? xD

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I think there is some similarites between Zekrom/Reshiram and Kyurem. They both have that co lex body design. Dont forget the colorings too.
Also, welcome any and all new members :D
Yes, and to clear my mind up, what are the symbols for the Dragons? I figured Kyurem is on the same page with the Reshiram/Zekrom in terms of their names also?

NEW APPOINTED CO-OWNER!
MiltankRancher!

Congratulations!

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Yes, and to clear my mind up, what are the symbols for the Dragons? I figured Kyurem is on the same page with the Reshiram/Zekrom in terms of their names also?

Yes. Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram are all under the same group and make up the 'Tao Trio.' Each member have control of their own types and sides. Reshiram symbolizes the concept of yang and controls Fire, while Zekrom represents the concept of yin and controls Thunder, and Kyurem represents the concept of wuji (the absence of yin and yang) and controls Ice. Oh, and they all look alike, too. See? They're all related! lol. :3

Oh, and I just love their artwork >.<

Spoiler:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Yes. Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram are all under the same group and make up the 'Tao Trio.' Each member have control of their own types and sides. Reshiram symbolizes the concept of yang and controls Fire, while Zekrom represents the concept of yin and controls Thunder, and Kyurem represents the concept of wuji (the absence of yin and yang) and controls Ice. Oh, and they all look alike, too. See? They're all related! lol. :3

Oh, and I just love their artwork >.<

Spoiler:
So you just practically proved just now that these 3 Dragons, are actually considered a Trio after all. Unova has...3 Trio Legendaries? Most a region has ever had! Might as well make that 4. (Jokingly)

Keldeo, Meloetta & Genesect- The Strange/Awesome Signature Move Trio or something LOL

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
Hey everyone~! Nice to meet you all. I look forward to participating in this group's discussions and such. :)

Name: Hydro Pumper (though just Hydro is fine~)
Partner Pokemon: Kyogre

On-topic: A new Kyurem form would be interesting. Looking back at Generation IV, they could begin a new trend by introducing a second form for the "third game mascot". The idea is definitely plausible. :P

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
hi there hydro pumper!

on another note: Fire and Lightning could both be considered as Plasmas, because of the high heat their very nature emits. Kyurem could also be considered as the anti-plasma because of its extreme cold.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
I'm pretty sure a lot of people have thought of and discussed this. But I'm still going to say it. I think Reshi, Zek and Kyurem definitely form a trio. There have been other Fire-Electric-Ice trios in Pokemon, such as Moltres-Articuno-Zapdos, the moves Flamethrower-Thunderbolt-IceBeam and maybe Magmar-Electabuzz-Jynx (before two of them got evolutions) and Magby-Elekid-Smoochum.

Kyurem seems like the Giratina of 5th gen.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

NEW APPOINTED CO-OWNER!
MiltankRancher!

Congratulations!
congratulation mR!!

Name: 2cool4mewtwo
Partner Pokemon: Mewtwo (Unnamed for now)

Hey everyone~! Nice to meet you all. I look forward to participating in this group's discussions and such. :)

Name: Hydro Pumper (though just Hydro is fine~)
Partner Pokemon: Kyogre

On-topic: A new Kyurem form would be interesting. Looking back at Generation IV, they could begin a new trend by introducing a second form for the "third game mascot". The idea is definitely plausible. :P

Name: Joelz
PartnerName: ShadowGhost (Giratina Distortion World Forme)
Welcome to the club, Hydro, 2cool4mewtwo & Joelz!!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Joelz
PartnerName: ShadowGhost (Giratina Distortion World Forme)
Welcome!! You like Giratina huh? Any reason or is it just because he's badass?

Both NEW PotW AND Pokemon Discussion week!! (Similar this week!)

PotW- Mewtwo
150.png
150.png

150.png
150.png

Pokemon Discussion- Mew Duo!

Mewtwo_and_Mew.png

ALONG WITH NEW TOPIC:
How did you catch Mewtwo back in the Red/Yellow/Green/Blue days?

And an update:
No limits on how long you have to wait to answer questionnaires after answering one correctly. You can answer any at any given time. No waits intended!!

AND....I have added a Poll. Check. It. Out!

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
O yay! Mewtwo! Electro Ball Mewtwo is coming out! :)

anyway. on topic, I caught it just this one time. IIRC, he was with a stat problem, frozen or asleep i think, and after three turns, Mewtwo is part of my team inside a Pokeball.

anyway, does this fact not strike you as odd? Mewtwo is technically not a Pokemon, since it is simple a clone of Mew. But why, of all reasons, does mewtwo appear first in the Dex than Mew.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
O yay! Mewtwo! Electro Ball Mewtwo is coming out! :)

anyway. on topic, I caught it just this one time. IIRC, he was with a stat problem, frozen or asleep i think, and after three turns, Mewtwo is part of my team inside a Pokeball.

anyway, does this fact not strike you as odd? Mewtwo is technically not a Pokemon, since it is simple a clone of Mew. But why, of all reasons, does mewtwo appear first in the Dex than Mew.
I have noticed that. Same goes for Phione before Manaphy.

It would be smarter to actually come up with Mew first then Mewtwo, because Mewtwo has the # TWO (2) in it. I personally think they screwed it up that way on the National Pokedex

But to think of it, wasn't it Mewtwo who everyone knew as first and no one really knew about Mew until later on? I can't remember how late they brought Mew to the world..maybe it's just me?

I was younger then and I only use Master Balls for Roamers now. But I did believe the rumor of Mewtwo only able to be caught by a Master Ball and..you know the story there ha.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Mew was supposed to be a secret pokemon, never to be revealed IIRC. But yeah. Nintendo pretty much screwed up.
If that's the case, then wasn't he suppose to be revealed? And why/how did they first reveal it? I honestly do not remember this part of the story here :(

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I sure have been inactive lately...

The last part of each name, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres are Spanish names for numbers, 1, 2 & 3 reflective in their National Pokedex order.

Spanish words always sound like perfection....I'm proud to have that background.

ANOTHER UPDATE:
I have installed Questionnaires! Be sure to keep an eye out for each questions! First one to get it right gets the bonus! There is a catch though, once you answer one correctly, you cannot answer the next TWO questions. So therefore

EXAMPLE:

Winner- Sector
Winner- C8
Winner- Miltank
Winner- Sector
[/COLOR]

Ah, I will make sure I look that up and somehow get involved more.

Its been a while, so I figured I'd post a new topic
New Topic: Have you ever caught a legendary Pokemon in a Poke Ball?
I wish I could say I have.

Yes, and only one: Zekrom.

Have you ever fainted a Legendary Pokemon? If so then why?

I accidentally kept fainting Thundurus. I couldn't make it to 1 HP for a while, and kept trying over and over again. To this day, I can't seem to catch it due to bad luck.

Mew was supposed to be a secret pokemon, never to be revealed IIRC. But yeah. Nintendo pretty much screwed up.

Woah, I learn something new everyday.

miltankRancher

Years
I have read somewhere (I can't remember where) that Mew was supposed to be a place holder for glitchy values. I am not entirely sure about this. can someone enlighten me?

anyway, POTW!

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back