• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leak and rumor discussion.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
That leak is definitely fake, since Gladion doesn't look any different and it's likely confirmed that Trials are being retained.

I'd like to keep the leak positive (Still, taking everything with a pinch of salt).
Maybe Gladion will get a redesign mid or late or post-game, somehow like Lillie in SM?
Probably they want to keep the redesign undercovered for now.

blue

gucci
Years
Well considering how in SM Lillie had a redesign towards the end of the game, I wouldn't rule out Gladion getting a redesign just yet. Depending on what role he has in USUM, it could well be true as his character develops in a different role.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 12, 2018
Hippocampus mermaid-tailed Alolan Rapidash? Way too good to be true :(

These designs are actually really nice.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I do think that the leak is fake for several reasons. The reasons include the fact that they talk about the Aether Foundation people with Ultra Beasts on each island including Aether Paradise even though four of those Ultra Beasts are version exclusives, the Umbra Evolution that was mentioned was for Solgaleo and Lunala even though it was recently revealed that the mascots are actually forms of Necrozma, with all of these drawings, why didn't they attempt to draw UB Assembly or UB Burst, and my final reason is that if there is a regional variant of Ponyta and Rapidash, they should be Fire-type since Ponyta and Rapidash are considered Fire Horse Pokémon by the Pokédex.

huh you really think random text someone wrote in 1997 is gonna stop them from retyping (note: not permanently) a Pokemon? Did you see what alolan forms they made last time?

Erm... anyway... I am kind of thinking we aren't gonna get any new Alolan forms this time. I would have thought it would be teased in a trailer much like how the Z-moves were teased: they showed one, and said "Many other Pokemon will get Z-moves!" on the website (keep in mind I don't think they use the word many like we would, it could just mean a few). The fact they haven't kinda confirms for me that we won't get any, and will maybe have to wait until next gen.

Years
What I meant is that that if they were to make a regional variant of Ponyta and Rapidash, they would have to be part Fire-type. Each of the regional variants that completely changed type didn't have any contradictions in their regional variants. It's possible they could change the classification if they add a non-fire type regional variant. After all, Hoopa Confined is the Mischief Pokémon while Hoopa Unbound is the Djinn Pokémon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
huh you really think random text someone wrote in 1997 is gonna stop them from retyping (note: not permanently) a Pokemon? Did you see what alolan forms they made last time?

Erm... anyway... I am kind of thinking we aren't gonna get any new Alolan forms this time. I would have thought it would be teased in a trailer much like how the Z-moves were teased: they showed one, and said "Many other Pokemon will get Z-moves!" on the website (keep in mind I don't think they use the word many like we would, it could just mean a few). The fact they haven't kinda confirms for me that we won't get any, and will maybe have to wait until next gen.

Well, they did save the two new Ultra Beasts until the 10th hour. So they might just reveal new Alolan formes next month (which will be an 11th hour reveal as it's cutting it pretty close to the release), or even in November itself...

I do wonder if they'll do regional variants (as there won't be new alolan forms in future generations unless Alola itself is a setting in the game) next gen, or if they'll go the way Megas did this gen.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
I hope they will do something (Now or another game) Like the assasins plotline in Fire emblem New Mystery of the emblem. Medieval figures give me hope.

Years
Interesting that Ohmori said that they may still pursue making more alternate variants, and as mentioned by Blue above, since we had new Ultra Beasts introduced mid-gen I think it's likely we could get new Alola Forms as well.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
There's also this other leak 4chan has been constantly bringing up for every USUM news:

27d71dc597507be686cb63c99fbc3943bdbba0cc803002316dd6d957715820e3.jpg

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
It's a leak, but it got Hau's clothing wrong. It also mentions old villains, which I don't see happening when there are already four new characters in a story that had two organizations to begin with.

Although I suppose Hau could change his attire at some point (especially if he became the Champion) and the old villains could just be Battle Tree opponents.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 5, 2018
There's also this other leak 4chan has been constantly bringing up for every USUM news:

27d71dc597507be686cb63c99fbc3943bdbba0cc803002316dd6d957715820e3.jpg

Actually, there is an interesting little tidbit about that post that gives it a little more weight as a leak, do take note of the topics title, and the very last comment

"Things I want for the third version of SM USUM"
"This totally isn't any sort of leaks and don't screen cap Let's wait for the game to be announced ;(

Don't those two things seem a little off? the title even lists the names of the games yeah? then why did he say "Lets wait for the game to be announced" how can he list the games he's talking about if they haven't been announced yet? the post was made March the 28th, have we known about these games that long already?

No, we haven't

We didn't get the announcement of these games until June the 6th, over two months later, yet he not only knew their names abbreviations, he also knew that Necrozma was going to get new forms, plural as well as new UB's

Doesn't that seem strange? :P

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Actually, there is an interesting little tidbit about that post that gives it a little more weight as a leak, do take note of the topics title, and the very last comment

"Things I want for the third version of SM USUM"
"This totally isn't any sort of leaks and don't screen cap Let's wait for the game to be announced ;(

Don't those two things seem a little off? the title even lists the names of the games yeah? then why did he say "Lets wait for the game to be announced" how can he list the games he's talking about if they haven't been announced yet? the post was made March the 28th, have we known about these games that long already?

No, we haven't

We didn't get the announcement of these games until June the 6th, over two months later, yet he not only knew their names abbreviations, he also knew that Necrozma was going to get new forms, plural as well as new UB's

Doesn't that seem strange? :P

"things I want for the third version" and "this isn't any sort of leaks" make me believe this less... I don't understand why this is even considered a leak? Of course people thought that there would be a third version type game? There are 100% threads out there called "things I want for Pokemon Z/third version of XY" that are ignored because we obvs didnt get that game.

If the poster even considered that the games would be like B2W2 then of course they say there will be forms. It's not too far out there. In fact, all of those points seem reasonable and like geniune fan wants... I still don't see how this is even considered a leak.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
"things I want for the third version" and "this isn't any sort of leaks" make me believe this less... I don't understand why this is even considered a leak? Of course people thought that there would be a third version type game? There are 100% threads out there called "things I want for Pokemon Z/third version of XY" that are ignored because we obvs didnt get that game.

If the poster even considered that the games would be like B2W2 then of course they say there will be forms. It's not too far out there. In fact, all of those points seem reasonable and like geniune fan wants... I still don't see how this is even considered a leak.

Agreed, it's coincidence at best. There are many fake 4chan leaks and predictions and want lists, I'm not surprised that one got a few points that matched up with USUM, and his guesses were not extraordinarily hard to come up with.

Back