• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

To Evolve or not to Evolve, that is the question!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
Some mons are pretty good on their 2nd stage that in some cases they are better than their final one.

Larvitar and Shellgon are two of my faves for that.
There is no way I won't evolve a Larvitar into a Tyranitar, that thing is a beast & its has a great ability.

Dragonair is the only Pokemon I refuse to evolve because I don't like it when it changes from beautiful blue weather snake to CHARIZARD 2.0. lol
Oh come on, Dragonite is actually one of the cutest final stage Dragon Types :).

In the story mode I usually evolve all of them since my story mons get boxed afterwards anyway ^^ And I like experiencing new forms. Later on when I start breeding and working towards good IVs/EVs I'll leave my favorites unevolved and train them that way, since by then I just want to have pokémon I love on my team, more than evolving them for the stats haha.
I have tried this more than once, having a full team of basic stage Pokemon :P. Its actually not that much of a problem, if you train them well & have good type coverage, but of course for most runs, I do evolve almost every Pokemon on my team, to its final stage.

Pika Pika :chu:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I usually always evolve them. However after I have every fullt evolved Pokémon trained and ready to battle, I sometimes switch to training NFE's. I once raised a Metapod(which I named Butternut), EV trained it, and leveled it to 50

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 17, 2019
Dragonair is the only Pokemon I refuse to evolve because I don't like it when it changes from beautiful blue weather snake to CHARIZARD 2.0. lol

LMAO

this is also my answer

i mean really majestic dragonair into orange barney? no thnk u

Jonothon

~ Farrah Moan ~
Years
If anyone here evolves their Magmar, Electabuzz or Togetic, then you have bad taste. :^)

Jk, I just really like those three design-wise. They look so cool, then when they evolve they become... Eh. :/

Back