• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That does sound pretty cool- I hadn't heard of it. I'll look it up later and see what I can find.

Telescope pffft I should have thought of that while watching a meteor shower. I literally seen (at most) two of them, the entire time haha.

Sorry about being inactive. I'm editing a Torterra sprite.

Edit:
Missed Droomph's post.

Haha, nice description.
That would explain why you can't see anything, though.

I'm going to make an attempt to stay up late to see if the lights ever show. I would be really ticked off if I were to miss it because I went to sleep. T:

Edit again:
Still nothing. >_>
I'm pretty darn sure nothing is going to be visible. It was already said that if it takes too long passed 8pm to hit, then it'll be visible on the west coast, instead. It's after midnight and nothing is happening, even in other parts of the state.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
That does sound pretty cool- I hadn't heard of it. I'll look it up later and see what I can find.

Telescope pffft I should have thought of that while watching a meteor shower. I literally seen (at most) two of them, the entire time haha.

Sorry about being inactive. I'm editing a Torterra sprite.

Edit:
Missed Droomph's post.

Haha, nice description.
That would explain why you can't see anything, though.

I'm going to make an attempt to stay up late to see if the lights ever show. I would be really ticked off if I were to miss it because I went to sleep. T:

Edit again:
Still nothing. >_>
I'm pretty darn sure nothing is going to be visible. It was already said that if it takes too long passed 8pm to hit, then it'll be visible on the west coast, instead. It's after midnight and nothing is happening, even in other parts of the state.
ahhh too bright

I would think that my dog is watching it or something. He hasn't moved for a while.

Years
Here in Minnesota I can't see anything because of our evil weather.

3-6 more inches overnight. In mid-April. :(

Thank god you aren't in Australia like me. The weather is just so humid and hard to keep cool, even though Autumn only started.

The weather can get crazy down here too. No joke.

Years
Thank god you aren't in Australia like me. The weather is just so humid and hard to keep cool, even though Autumn only started.

The weather can get crazy down here too. No joke.

On the flip side, it can easily get to -20 C here in January. Not exactly the most enviable climate compared to 50 C. The -20 C you can bundle up for, though.

whoops we're talking about the weather again. andy will want to kill us for this. oh well, he'll just have to...

tumblr_mhctkmAbjG1qa0qb5o1_400.gif

It'd be nice to actually be able to see the Aurora Borealis on a more regular basis, but I have already seen it once or twice in my life for fleeting seconds.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
On the flip side, it can easily get to -20 C here in January. Not exactly the most enviable climate compared to 50 C. The -20 C you can bundle up for, though.

whoops we're talking about the weather again. andy will want to kill us for this. oh well, he'll just have to...

tumblr_mhctkmAbjG1qa0qb5o1_400.gif

It'd be nice to actually be able to see the Aurora Borealis on a more regular basis, but I have already seen it once or twice in my life for fleeting seconds.

Oh man, I can't believe how lucky I am to live in a nice country. Here, it never goes below 23 C and above 35 C, can you believe it? And, the temperature never varies around any time of the year. Pretty lucky myself, yeah.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I wish I could see sky events sometime ;_; My part of the world doesn't have any northern lights/auroras or meteor showers or comets or whatnots as it's at the equator.

There was that one time last year when I was still in Australia when a meteor shower was expected. My friends and I stayed up till 2 am and sat out on the field near where we lived for a chance to catch the shower. It was unfortunately too cloudy so we couldn't really see anything; all we saw were a few flashes of light. They could have been the meteors shining between the clouds...no one will ever know.

Oh, and my weather's something like where Hoenn lives and it's boring.. I wish for changing seasons.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Wow... you people are boring, letting this thing sit for several hours.

Hmm... what to talk about...? Oh, yeah. What kinds of people do you hate being around?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Nah screw that we should go back to talking about the weather.

I honestly hate being around who think you're their friend and constantly bug you and don't leave you alone. But you don't want to be friends with them and try to make that obvious but they never seem to actually realize that. I've known several people like that and I've had to block them on Facebook to stop them from bothering me.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I can tolerate /most/ people. I just ignore them if I don't like them. Unless they're trying to befriend me, in which case I just kind of play along with it.

Now I don't "hate" to be around him or anything, but it gets on my nerves when my friend spams me with messages on Facebook. I don't even check them anymore, until he's offline, so I have an excuse not to reply. Usually because it's just a bunch of emoticons or questions he knows the answer to. Or he'll just ask to have a Pokemon battle over and over again.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I try not to hate on any particular group of people. The only people I actually have immense feelings of dislike towards are hypocrites and those cheesy new-age teenagers, who think that everyone is dumb and that they can lie to you and get away with it, because they're all smart and s***.

There's a surprisingly large number of those people around these days :|

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I hate liars, especially when you know they are lying, to your face, because they are talking about a specific situation and you were there and know what happened. Hypocrites are just as bad, but I have to admit that I've caught myself being a little hypocritical so I tend to forgive people fairly quickly for this.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I hate liars, especially when you know they are lying, to your face, because they are talking about a specific situation and you were there and know what happened. Hypocrites are just as bad, but I have to admit that I've caught myself being a little hypocritical so I tend to forgive people fairly quickly for this.

Of course! I mean hypocrisy can sneak up on us sometimes. In the heat of a moment you admit to hating something that you might need to do later on and forget about it.

I just meant compulsive hypocrites, who do it on purpose because they would say anything to win an argument even if they don't mean it.

Or something to that extent.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I can dislike traits of people fairly easily, but don't often dislike them. (Example: Damn I wish he/she was more reliable, etc) I rarely hate, and it usually takes a lot for me to hate someone.. but if I do, it's usually because someone has continuously and purposely wronged me for their own selfish gain. There are some nasty people out there.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I can dislike traits of people fairly easily, but don't often dislike them.

This times a million. I like all of my friends, but there are a few who have traits that I just shake my head at. I wish they didn't do it, but that won't make me hate them. Don't know if that made sense.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
Of course! I mean hypocrisy can sneak up on us sometimes. In the heat of a moment you admit to hating something that you might need to do later on and forget about it.

I just meant compulsive hypocrites, who do it on purpose because they would say anything to win an argument even if they don't mean it.

Or something to that extent.

I've definitely meet some people like that. The easiest way to deal with them is to shrug your shoulders and let them think they've won, you'll never convince them otherwise.

Reminds me a little of my younger brother, just because he is impossible to argue with. We would be talking about something, he'd state some incorrect fact about the topic, or even just mispronounce a word and I'd try to correct him, and he'll either say, 'we'll that's what I think' or 'that's how I say it', as if that makes it right. It annoys me so much I just can't be around him without getting stressed.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Nope. I honestly haven't even heard of it.
...What is it?

It's a sci-fi video game where an alien outbreak happens on a space ship, simplest way to put it. It's also my theme at the moment.

No D: I dont.

But I already heard of Dead Space, and they say its pretty good.

You should definitely try it. It's fairly good for a horror game in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back