• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
I like the one on the far right corner, because it seems more night like, the one in the left corner is more like really early in the morning.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
I concur. Though I see no reason why not to use both to show passage of time. Since the first looks more like dusk, have that segue into night...

And now, in an attempt to give more info about the plot and motivate the staff...

THE MERCENARY

No one knows who he/she is. He/she is mysterious, barely speaking, ruthlessly following orders from the top of Team Solar. And who ever the boss is, he clearly wants you out of the way. The mercenary relentlessly stalks you across the Emort region and eventually holds the key to your triumph over Team Solar.

And it could modeled after you!

That's right folks. To the Emort staff member who Starrmyt, Aqua, and I judge to be submitting the most work and the most effort, and who does not already have a character modeled after him/her in the Elite Four, we will reward your hard work by designing the character after you! Any suggestions you give to character design will be taken! We will completely create the physical appearance of the character the way you want it! So get busy!

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Lovin' the screenshots! Especially the one on the bottom-most right, great mapping skills! I also like the position of the gym in relation to the lakelet. One question though... What are the palm tree-like shadows in the top right screenshot in the first post? It looks like its about to rain sea urchins! :classic: Also could I be one of the characters you speak of. I'll get my specification to you later but am I right in thinking you're looking for Elite 4? Keep it up guys, this game looks more and more promising every day!

~The Cynic~

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
I really like the storyline, it's nice and unique. The sprites are really good too, as well as the screens. On the day night system, I think you should have the one at the far right as night, but, as PokéStorm said, use the one at the left as early morning. Could you possibly provide how you did it ;)
Cetrtainly one of the best games in the drawing board.

And did mercurysky give you permission to use his thread layout?

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
@Cynic: Thanks for taking so much interest! I'm afraid the E4 is already decided. You could be The Mercenary, or have another character based on you, but you'll have to qualify! No free rides, I'm afraid. In order to have someone in game based on you, you have to do something for Emort. No, its nothing like the Godfather. Just help out with the process in any way you can. See my above post. If we deem you to have put in the most effort, we'll reward you by basing the Mercenary off you.

And to anyone who helps out, even if you don't get a supporting character based on you: you will be in the game somehow.

The Cynic

Years
@Cynic: Thanks for taking so much interest! I'm afraid the E4 is already decided. You could be The Mercenary, or have another character based on you, but you'll have to qualify! No free rides, I'm afraid. In order to have someone in game based on you, you have to do something for Emort. No, its nothing like the Godfather. Just help out with the process in any way you can. See my above post. If we deem you to have put in the most effort, we'll reward you by basing the Mercenary off you.

And to anyone who helps out, even if you don't get a supporting character based on you: you will be in the game somehow.

Its OK, I don't want to force my way into your hard work. Incidently, in which way could I help this project? I fail graphically, so that would be out the picture (besides you seem to be doing well enough at that as it is!). I'm a ROM hacker so I wouldn't be able to help mapping or scripting. The only things I could offer would be ideas and storyline (which Bard already has down to a T!) or Beta testing (which you might not want to keep within your current team). I guess I'll just stick to criticism/suggestion/support if I can't help elsewhere. All I really want is for this game to be successful. Keep up the good work!

~The Cynic~

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Dang, you're tiles are almost as good as mercurysky's! Did you make them yourself, or did someone else did? If so, who?

Lol. MercurySky (or Hydrargirum as i know him) and I both get our tiles from a series of other artists such as Kymotonian (KyleDove). Those tiles are made by him and some (few) are made by me.

Same goes for MercurySky. It says on his DA account where he gets his tiles from. And that's multiple sources. ^_^ But thank you anyhow. I'm sure KyleDove enjoys hearing that. I will be updating soon. What would everyone like to see next? Screenshot? Sprite? Gym Leader?

PS Banners will be updated in next post. Sorry for the wait.

~Aqua

The Cynic

Years
Lol. MercurySky (or Hydrargirum as i know him) and I both get our tiles from a series of other artists such as Kymotonian (KyleDove). Those tiles are made by him and some (few) are made by me.

Same goes for MercurySky. It says on his DA account where he gets his tiles from. And that's multiple sources. ^_^ But thank you anyhow. I'm sure KyleDove enjoys hearing that. I will be updating soon. What would everyone like to see next? Screenshot? Sprite? Gym Leader?

PS Banners will be updated in next post. Sorry for the wait.

~Aqua

Banners would be good, I'd use one but I get too carried away and end up with too large a sig. Thats why my sig. only uses text links to gams/hacks.

Gym Leader(s) maybe for next update?

~The Cynic~

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
The only things I could offer would be ideas and storyline (which Bard already has down to a T!) or Beta testing (which you might not want to keep within your current team). I guess I'll just stick to criticism/suggestion/support if I can't help elsewhere.

We'd love to have you Beta test, but we're making our project on RMXP. You would need to have the program itself to BETA test it. If not, we welcome all your ideas and comments!

The Cynic

Years
We'd love to have you Beta test, but we're making our project on RMXP. You would need to have the program itself to BETA test it. If not, we welcome all your ideas and comments!

Thanks a lot! It would be an honour. I'l just download RMXP then...

If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to PM or VM me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You don't need to have RMXP to play a game made in it. As long as the developer includes the RGSS102E.dll file and turns off RTP dependency.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
You don't need to have RMXP to play a game made in it. As long as the developer includes the RGSS102E.dll file and turns off RTP dependency.

Really? I wasnt aware of this...xD

Well, anyway, if this is the case, then we'll probably get Cynic started soon on beta testing.

We definitely need it. Uhm....we do have the banners ready, but because Aquakip made them, I'll let him post them. Later. :D

Starrcasm

Years
I'm sorry, but we dont need more than 2 beta testers, and as it were, we already had one. So we're only accepting Cynic. Sorry. :D

With that said, you are all welcome to play the demo when we come out with it :3

aquakip

Years
Finally, eh? Yeah, I was preparing for a big update. :D

So, I hope you guys don't mind supporting us by placing one of these banners in your Signature.

There's one for both sexes(or genders). Boy and Girl, vice versa e.g. the moon/sun, etc.

Now for a bigger update, that I hope everyone likes. ^_^ Gym Leader time!!

warrensprite.gif
warrenmugshot.gif

(Made by Jocelyn and myself)
Gym Leader #1 : Warren
Etymology of Name : Warren was the name of the first Gym Leader ever since this project started. We never really thought about the relation of names to the types, so when we started revamping the Gym Leaders, we kept his name the same.
Runs the gym of Whimbrel Town and gives out the Pale Badge
Type used : Normal
Biographical Background : Warren spends most of his time training in the Whimbrel Gardens. Sometimes he may even hold Gym Battles there because he feels so attatched.

terra.gif
haydenmugshot1.gif

(Made by Jocelyn and myself)
Gym Leader #2 : Hayden
Etymology of Name : Hayden, in some languages, means 'The Rosy Meadow'.
Runs the gym of Avocet City and gives out the Blossom Badge
Type used : Grass
Biographical Background : Hayden loves to garden. Her garden grows just outside the Avocet Woods, where her Gym Battles happen to take place, underneath beautiful arches of flowers and hills of plants that are only found there.

And that's the end of the update. ^_^​

~Aqua​

Last edited:

Starrcasm

Years
Well thanks for the enormous update, Aquakip!

Yeah, a brief update on my part, we're currently working on the scriptings for the first few towns, and we're hoping to get a demo out soon, but don't hold your breath.

Now that we have the areas of the demo finally all mapped out and fixed, we can now turn to the more detailed parts, such as inputting pokemon. Speaking of which, we'll be updating a bunch now with new pokemon, directly from our deviantart page,

And I hope you all put our banner in your sigs! :D

Thanks, and good night folks.
-Evan [Starrmyt]

Last edited:

aquakip

Years
I updated the first post with a post-story screenshot.

I would really like some feedback, too. :)

~Aqua

The Cynic

Years
I really like the new snowy screenshot. Is that a legendary perhaps? An Abomasow evo perhaps? I guess I'll have to wait and see:).

The spriting and tiling work on this gane is of very high quality and updates are regular. I can see this is a game with a lot of heart in it. Keep it up!

The gym leaders look good also. Peraps you could disclose a little more about Warren's personality?

Looking forward to more fakemon. A lot of people don't like fakemon but I think it makes a hack more personal and much more like an official game.

I can only ask for you to keep it up and don't ever let this project die. I'm looking forward to testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back