Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

TrollandToad.com

Old March 28th, 2017 (12:26 PM).
The Garden Pokémon

Nature: Modest
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
    I haven't watched the sequel yet either, but isn't the movie just a recap of the first series?
    I was under the impression the movie was about the events after season two. I haven't watched it yet (no way to legally that I know).

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 28th, 2017 (4:06 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
      So in April is this gonna be happening again? I didn't notice that this was something going on. Sounds like a really fun idea.

Old March 28th, 2017 (6:19 PM).
      Forest's Curse
      • Platinum Tier
      • EOEvent Organizer
      • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Mild
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Florges View Post
      I was under the impression the movie was about the events after season two. I haven't watched it yet (no way to legally that I know).
      I haven't either! Just going by what I've heard :')

Quote:
      Originally Posted by OuterTsuchinoko View Post
      So in April is this gonna be happening again? I didn't notice that this was something going on. Sounds like a really fun idea.
      Yes we're doing this again for April!

PHANTUMP

Old March 28th, 2017 (9:23 PM).
      T̴͟͝h͟e̶̛͡ ̢I̛m̛m̷͝o̸̡ŗt̡a ̡͞l͘͘ O̸̕u̷͞t́͞ĺ͘͡a͝ ẁ͘ ̡͏͡i̢͜s̛̕ ́H̴è̵͢r̶̴͞e͢

Nature: Quirky
        I was given Charlotte, Watched it now

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we are driven to become the Devil himself. - Nicholas D. Wolfwood
        Old March 29th, 2017 (6:06 AM).
        Forest's Curse
        • Platinum Tier
        • EOEvent Organizer
        • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Mild
        Just finished Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu! It was an interesting experience for me because I've never seen anything quite like it. I thoroughly enjoyed the story, music and art. Overall though what was really astounding was the voice acting. Every single character was incredibly well acted. To the point that I could enjoy the rakugo performances incorporated as rakugo performances, not just as an aspect of the plot. I liked seeing some fairly complex characters with very real flaws too, that was nice.

For all my praise though, I have a complaint. Whilst the story was wonderful, there were issues with it's execution. First and foremost, forty eight minutes was too long for that first episode. I didn't need forty-eight minutes to be introduced to a character that appears in 2/13 episodes. I also didn't like that I was mislead into thinking I was going to be watching a story centered around Yotarou and Konatsu when in fact the story told was about Kikuhiku and Sengoku, with Yotarou only appearing again in the final episode after a great deal of time had passed. The second season won't even fill that in by the looks of things, instead picking up where the first left off. The way the story should have been arranged was a season that followed Yotarou and Konatsu followed by a prequel following Kikuhiku and Sengoku.

Also, whilst there were several brilliant episodes - especially 10, 11 and 12 - some of the episodes around the middle got to be quite tedious at points. So overall, this was a fantastic story with some real high points, but it wasn't always told as well as it could have been. That was something that no level of incredible voice acting could fix. Still this was an easy 7/10.

PHANTUMP

Old April 1st, 2017 (3:38 AM).
        • Crystal Tier

I was given Cromartie High School. I admit that I haven't finished the series because of all my final year coursework being due.

I really enjoyed what I have seen so far. The typical comedy I would watch would have cute girls + one straight man MC but this anime only has real MEN. Delinquents trying to keep up their public image as a hardcore badass lol. Some episodes were funnier than others, but I was never bored while watching the show.

I'll keep watching this once I've regained freedom.

I'll keep watching this once I've regained my freedom.
        Old April 7th, 2017 (12:08 PM).
        ???
        • Crystal Tier

so this is late but i figured i should at least post my thoughts on the show

I actually watched Girlish Number before the contract challenge but that was back when it was airing and I forgot about it after the first two episodes. All I really remembered from the show was my slight dislike of Chitose and after rewatching those episodes, that was reaffirmed. The show was a bit difficult for me to get into during the beginning because I wasn't very interested in what was going on, except for the moment where it seemed like Chitose was about to turn a new leaf, but once the show shifted into the second half, I was a lot more engaged. I really enjoy character struggles and the way they handled those in the second half really helped me push towards finishing the show. Also, the somewhat corny way Chitose has to get back to the studio at the end was no doubt something I had to cheer for. It's a pretty good show, in my opinion.

Quick Reply