• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first OU team post

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 4, 2012
Bronzong: Levitate: This teams Staller Bold Nature
Toxic, Iron Defence, Stealth Rock, Psychic ... Left Overs EVs: 255 Def/ 200 SP.Def/ 55 Sp.Atk
Machamp: No Guard: Physical Power House Adament Nature
DynamicPunch, Smack Down, Bulk-Up, Earthquake ... Rocky Helmet EVs: 255 Atk/ 60 Def / 80 Sp.Def / 115 Speed
Venusaur: Overgrow: Special Powerhouse Modest Nature
Sludge Bomb, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Synthesis ... Heat Rock EVs: 255 Sp. Atk / 255 Sp.Def
Dragonite: Inner Focus: Dragon Smasher Jolly Nature
Outrage, Roost, Fire Punch, Ice Punch ... Black Belt EVs: 255 Speed / 155 Atk / 100 Speed
Shuckle: Sturdy: Annoyer Calm nature
Power Spilt, Gastro Acid, Encore, Safe Guard ... Left Overs EVs: 255 HP / 255 Sp.Def
Chandalure: Flame Body: Ghost special Quiet Nature
Overheat, Shadow Ball, Acid Armor, Trick Room ... Lagging Tail EVs: 255 Sp.Atk / 255 Sp.Def

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
We require you to post natures and EVs as well. Use Smogon if you need help deciding on what natures and such to use. I'll leave this open so you can edit the thread with your changes.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
(deleted last post to reflect new changes)

Bronzong isn't as good as it used to be this generation. Use Ferrothorn instead; not only is it bulkier, it provides more support:
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip/Protect
-Gyro Ball/Protect/Thunder Wave
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Like Bronzong, Machamp isn't as good as it used to be now. If you'd like to keep it, use this set for optimum coverage. EQ is redundant with DynamicPunch, FYI:
-DynamicPunch
-Stone Edge/Ice Punch
-Payback
-Bullet Punch
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 240 HP/248 Atk/16 SDef/4 Spe
Item: Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard

Venusaur is better off in Sun teams, due to its Dream World ability; outside of that, it's seriously mediocre. I feel that you need a Speclal wall somewhere, so Jellicent can fill that in for you:
-Scald/Surf
-Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
-Recover
-Taunt/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe

Make Dragonite's ability Multiscale, since that's the ability that makes it so good in OU now. Also, replace Ice Punch with Dragon Dance and change the EV spread to 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe, just so you have some initial power and Speed. Make the item Life Orb, Leftovers or Lum Berry. Just so you know, Black Belt boosts the power of Fighting moves and Dragonite doesn't have any, so it's pointless. I think you were referring to the Expert Belt?

Lagging Tail makes Chandelure move last no matter what, even under Trick Room conditions. Use the Choice Scarf set Hikari10 suggested.

True, Shuckle's defenses are massive, but it lacks the HP to back it up. It also has a pretty poor defensive typing and its offenses are practically nonexistent (unless it's been Power Splitted with someone else). Jirachi makes a better annoyer because of Serene Grace:
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave/Body Slam
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spe

Years
REvan, going with PlatinumDude's suggestions as well as mine, you should end up with this:

609.gif

Modest or Timid nature
Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpAtk/4 SpDef/252 Speed
Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, HP Fighting

149.gif

Adamant or Jolly nature
Leftovers / Lum Berry
Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpDef/252 Speed
Outrage, Roost, Dragon Dance, Fire Punch

598.gif

Relaxed nature
Leftovers / Shed Shell
Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SpDef
Spikes, Leech Seed/Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball/Protect/Thunder Wave, Power Whip/Protect

068.gif

Adamant nature
Leftovers
No Guard
EVs: 212 HP/252 Atk/44 Speed
DynamicPunch, Stone Edge, Payback, Bullet Punch/Ice Punch

593.gif

Bold nature
Choice Specs
Water Absorb
EVs: 172 HP/252 SpAtk/84 Speed
Water Spout, Shadow Ball, Surf/Hydro Pump/Scald, Ice Beam/Energy Ball

385.gif

Jolly nature
Leftovers
Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Speed
Substitute, Body Slam/Thunder Wave, Iron Head, Fire Punch

Thanks to me and PlatinumDude, you are ready to go!

Back