• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Club Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I don't remember, there was an announcement on it way back. I think the club needs to be a certain amount of months old or have a certain amount of members. But I'm sure the PC fanclub passes the test :p

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hopefully when my new Sailor Moon club reaches its requirements, I'll go make emblems and stuff. <3

Speaking of which, my new Sailor Moon FC is live and is currently recruiting new scouts! :)

Also, I'm thinking of reviving this club. I felt it had so much potential. Like, I know there are a lot of sports fans out there and we are currently at the peak of sports right now (college football and NFL are really really good and we need to have a discussion group somewhere haha). But I also feel that "sports" in general is a little too broad don't ya think?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
It's not too wide per se, but it might not attract as invested fans of specific sports as a club about the NFL would, for instance. That's my guess at least.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Seconding what Adventure said. I like some sports like basketball, but I didn't join the sports club because it was too broad of a topic. It seemed like it would be difficult to really hold conversations in a general sports thread because of the variety of sports that are playing at the same time. Like now, the conversations about basketball, football, baseball, and hockey could all be running together because those are all playing right now. To me, a more specific thread for each league/sport would work better because then fans of that could join in without a lot of posts about sports they're not interested in.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah, I figured so. I knew it was a little too broad. Football is broad enough, or hockey, or NASCAR. xD

I'll see what I can do then...I might go for a Football club. Thanks for the input, guys <3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
The requirements I put in were that a club be three months old and five pages (125 posts) long. That way we weren't going to get a bunch of emblems made for clubs that would die three seconds later and have a whole bank of unused emblems sitting in the emblem bank in the Mod CP. :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
hmmmm the question now is, where do we pm the emblems to? oh and what are the dimensions of the emblem again?
For now, you can PM your emblems to me, and I can ask for them to be uploaded until a new moderator is chosen for the section.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
This is a bit of a weird new sensation - talking about getting a new moderator while the previous one is in the thread and still bold blue lmao. Is this a PC first?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
This is a bit of a weird new sensation - talking about getting a new moderator while the previous one is in the thread and still bold blue lmao. Is this a PC first?

yeah still feels weird you not being the mod here anymore :/

Anyways since the emblem prerequisites still don't meet in the PC fanclub, imma hold on to that later.

So, who is interested in a Hunger Games Fanclub? idk bout the activity but its worth a shot :P

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
In my mind, there should be some club revivals, and I wouldn't mind trying to revive some, too. Anyway, with new Sailor Moon club, I'll go ahead and join right now. I'll revive some clubs that spark my interest. Let's all take the wheel and revive some old clubs! ...Ones that'll be active, I mean, but you know how it goes, right? I wouldn't mind trying to post in the currently active ones that are on the verge of dying--there aren't many clubs that are like that though, I presume. I could try though, since I'm not a part of many clubs at the moment, anyway.

I'll remake the Yu-Gi-Oh fanclub since, a new Yu-Gi-Oh is coming out anyway--it's worth my biggest effort. Though, I'd rather try for a universal Konami fanclub, but I tried that, and it's not working yet--maybe universal clubs can wait.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
You know what the section needs, though? Clubs that involve everyday-life interests. We have the Linguistic club, the Filipino/Canadian clubs, and the Social Network club. I just hatched an idea of creating a club for pet owners. I'm pretty sure this is gonna boost up a little more activity.

& Gunner, Hunger Games fan club yes please! ^_^

Shining Raichu said:

I'm pretty sure it is? xD At least you're still blue though! <3

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Everyday interests, huh? That wouldn't be a bad idea! I could try something there, I'm just not sure. xD The artist club, maybe! Art is an everyday interest, but I'm not sure how active that would be. It is... worth a try. It could be for both hand art and writing. That doesn't seem like much of a problem! I'll keep it in mind later and try it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Art could be okay, but I think A&D kinda covers it, really...unless you can create a club where people could appreciate art. Other ideas I had in mind were sports (any sport is broad enough for a club), as well as tech, cars, animals, any type of food, and even more. Soo many possibilities. xD

Salzorrah

Years
Ever feel that you have so much toxic potential to unleash?

Then ~Toxic to the Touch~ Poison Type Fan Club is just the place for you! :D

There are so many members and we'd love to build up a little army of Poison Loving Toxic's! :D Whether you want some info on a team or just wanna chill and chat nonsense about how much you hate Trubbish, this is definitely the place for you! C:

Uh you do know this thread is for non-Pokemon clubs right? x3

Well, a club is still a club I guess :/

Well, I'm just gonna go around and post in the clubs here I guess :]

Nakala Pri

Well, I agree, a club is a club and advertising is important. :P Need... moar... members! D:

Salzorrah

Years
Don't. The deed is done I'm afraid :/

I'm just excited, the forum is getting quite active now :]

I might post the Hunger Games fanclub within the week :D

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
True, true! That is true, but it would be to discuss both art and literature, maybe not share it, but you are right that A&D kinda covers it. ): @Axeliira.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back