• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Go Field Test signups for US

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 2, 2018
Already signed up and it's a very fast and easy sign up also.

Also if you're an ingress player I hear you have preference since its developed by same company and its the same type of game concept. So hopefully I hear back I get the beta since I'm also a long time ingress agent lol

Years
I also signed up. I thought it would ask for a variety of more things like where do you live and what's your phone number. But it was only the email and type of phone.

ZangooseClaw

Pokemon Philosopher
Years
I remember letting the Ingress app decay on my phone before eventually deleting it, but now that I know it has ties with the same developer I may give it another go.

Super quick signup & I'm sure it's a longshot but this would be the community of fans strong enough to give accurate and reliable feedback. Good luck everyone, can't wait to read the threads on this one!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Also if you're an ingress player I hear you have preference since its developed by same company and its the same type of game concept. So hopefully I hear back I get the beta since I'm also a long time ingress agent lol

Can confirm this! Myself and a few friends who used to play Ingress were invited and all my friends who didn't weren't picked.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 2, 2018
Can confirm this! Myself and a few friends who used to play Ingress were invited and all my friends who didn't weren't picked.

Yeah I still play it. Wondering how long it'll take to hear back and hoping it doesn't matter that my email I signed up with is different then my ingress email

Skip Class

Years
Yeah I still play it. Wondering how long it'll take to hear back and hoping it doesn't matter that my email I signed up with is different then my ingress email

NZ and Aus were announced April 8th and I got my invite on the first batch released on the 26th. So maybe a month or so?

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
I've been trying to get to level 8 in Ingress specifically because I was hoping the beta would be coming to North America. Of course only the US gets it and us Canadians are geo-locked out of even signing up. Hope the games goes live soon!

~Psychic

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
As much as I'd love to participate in the beta, part of the hype for me would be experiencing it with everyone else. I almost don't wanna ruin it for myself. I'd rather figure it out with all my friends once they can play it too. Also I've never played Ingress, and I work forty hours a week, so except for two days a week, I wouldn't be able to do a whole lot of testing anyway. :/

Still glad it's finally approaching beta - closer to full release !

Skip Class

Years
Not too bad then. Maybe they run your name to see if you still play ingress too haha
I won't say "still playing" since I only played for less than a month with minimal progress before having to uninstall due to the lack of phone space - and this was like last year as well. But who knows exactly what their criteria for ingress players are?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Signed up. I've never heard of Ingress, so if there is a strong preference for people who play that, I suppose I'll probably be waiting for the official release. We'll see.

I can't decide how I feel about Pokemon GO; it's a neat concept, but I don't tend to play Pokemon in public, so I'll have to see how much I would actually get my phone out to play a Pokemon game in real life. Still, I'd love to try it, and I'm certainly not going to pass up the opportunity to do something Pokemon-related given the chance.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've had an Ingress account for a year, strongly disliked the game so I deleted the app same day lol ;x So, I didn't even bother putting in my name/level/whatever when I signed up for Go, so...

I can understand why they want current Ingress players to be the Beta testers, but that still bums me out a little bit.

Back