• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Deck Attempt

Years
So I have been playing a lot of TCGO lately and figured it's a great place to put a deck together before hunting for them all IRL. My first deck I've put together is a fire deck and would appreciate feedback/advice on what I can change/improve.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Kangaskhan FAC 75
* 1 Charizard-EX EVO 12
* 2 Charmander EVO 9
* 2 Charmeleon EVO 10
* 1 Charizard EVO 11
* 1 Moltres FAC 9
* 2 Ponyta FLF 14
* 1 Rapidash FLF 15
* 1 Ninetales BREAK EVO 16
* 2 Vulpix EVO 14
* 1 Ninetales PRC 21

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 1 Ace Trainer AOR 69
* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Switch EVO 88
* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Evosoda XY 116
* 1 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Energy Pouch FAC 97
* 2 N FAC 105
* 2 Exp. Share PRC 128
* 2 Energy Retrieval BLW 92

##Energy - 17

* 14 Fire Energy BLWEnergy 4
* 3 Burning Energy BKT 151

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
So I have been playing a lot of TCGO lately and figured it's a great place to put a deck together before hunting for them all IRL. My first deck I've put together is a fire deck and would appreciate feedback/advice on what I can change/improve.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Lugia-EX AOR 68
* 1 Ninetales BREAK EVO 16
* 2 Vulpix EVO 14
* 2 Ninetales PRC 21
* 2 Volcanion STS 25
* 2 Flareon EX
* 2 Remoraid BKT (Either one)
* 2 Octillery BKT

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 1 Ace Trainer AOR 69
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Float Stone (various sets)
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 N
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 2 Evosoda XY 116
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Fisherman
* 4 VS Seeker
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP
* 1 Ninja Boy STS

##Energy -12

* 8 Fire Energy
* 4 Burning Energy BKT 151

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This is kinda what I'd push for. Keep Ninetales because it stops Your opponent laying down stadiums which are so integral right now to most decks. Charizard takes too long to power up truthfully, and it doesn't have any long battle life in it. Same for the EX. Go for Flareon instead, it's attack is better, it's ability is fairly good and it can be easily supported by Volcanion. Volcanion is there because for 1 fire energy he recycles two from your discard onto your bench (meaning you can discard two fire energy for an ultraball, use that to grab a Flareon EX, place that on bench, use Volcanion's attack and put those two energy onto the bench, then next turn use Flaroen's ability to move the energy from the other benched pokemon onto herself.) Octillery is in there because of the intense draw mechanic his ability gives you. I upped hammers because disruption is important right now in the format. Lowered Evosodas because you only need one to drag octillery out and he will farm you everything else alongside supporters.

Also, every change I made was to make the deck legal for standard format, which most physical tournaments run!

Hope that was of some help :)

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
That's super helpful!

I literally have no idea about the mechanics and strategies used in the game and have an awful lot to learn!

Yeah it can be pretty daunting. I used to play competitively in the early - mid 00s and was pretty ok (even got to Norwich City Champion at one stage haha) but when I came back after 11 years away from the game I found myself constantly stumbling with the new mechanics. You've come in at a good time though, we're only 1 month from a massive new set/block and 8 months from a massive rotation of sets (which will see a lot of the current meta go) and a complete format shift so you'll be picking up the new mechanics from the S/M block the same time everyone coming from the XY block will be.

There's a pretty cheap and very decent Talonflame deck that sometimes sees play if you were just into fire types and wanting a fire deck. I'll likely jot up my list for it in a bit so will send it to you if you'd like

Years
This is very true, Just need to make sure I get some SM cards.

That would be awesome if you could share it with me. I don't really have a favourable type yet but fire cards seemed very prominent from all the boosters I opened yesterday so went with that.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
This is very true, Just need to make sure I get some SM cards.

That would be awesome if you could share it with me. I don't really have a favourable type yet but fire cards seemed very prominent from all the boosters I opened yesterday so went with that.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9537970#post9537970

here you go buddy :)

It's also a completely EX free deck, so you can be a bit more liberal with making mistakes that result in a knockout as you'll only be losing one prize.

Back